It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are you an energy drink consumer?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
just curious. i got to thinking about this after reading a thread about red bull.

ive had them but i dont make it a point to drink them. my wife sucks them down though.

i dont get the fascination with them.

this is another one of those deals where i wonder when/why they got so popular. everywhere you turn its energy drinks. people around these parts love to have that green monster M from the drinks all over their cars.
hats and shirts with it...

i only seem to remember these drinks gaining popularity the last 10 years or so. previous to that i dont really remember them being all over the place. they might have been but all of a sudden the craze exploded...

anyway, just curious...do you like them?

even if i did like them i really couldnt drink them that often. seems like 1 can makes me piss about 17 times...i dont like that

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'm a coffee drinker…

Caffeine!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Like you I don't really seek to have them, but I do occasionally. Though, sometimes when I do have one, I feel my heart fluttering.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
YES! WHY DO YOU ASK? WAIT.... DID YOU HEAR THAT? NEVER MIND, I THINK I AM HEARING MY OWN BLOOD FLOWING THROUGH ME. OR IS THERE A STREAM NEAR HERE? OHHHHH..... A SHINY THING! GOTTA GO!!!!!
edit on 10/11/14 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
so red bull hit the states in 97
en.wikipedia.org...

i dont remember it being crazy popular back then...now theyre everywhere

monster since 02
en.wikipedia.org...

these companies did a good job of getting people hooked on their products...

then you have those little 2 oz 5 hour energy deals...

i wonder why when i was a kid people didnt need all these things to jack them up.
i remember my dad getting his coffee at the gas station. now people load up on these.

a couple years ago i guy i worked with at the foundry would drink like 5 monsters every day while at work. probably every day at work he had 5 for about a year.

that cant be good

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Emerald53

yeah. i might drink a couple a year.
aside from the pissing 1,000 times a day after i drink them i also noticed that my normally normal colored urine seemed to look a lot more radioactive...
dont think your pee is supposed to be nuclear waste neon green.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

All joking aside, I consume energy drinks but in moderation. Those who overdue it risk a litany of health problems. Some of the ingredients can cause cardiac arrhythmia, liver problems, circulatory issues, etc.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I have only ever drunk one tin of a energy drink and that was enough for me , i was bouncing of the walls what ever it did to me , i drink 30 cups of coffee a day sometimes and never feel like that , it did not feel good at all and i will be giving them a big miss cardiffgiaant .

Sorry it was one high i did not like , i hardly ever use carbonated drinks either only in my vodka when i go out and that is only a few times a year now

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I liked them for a time.. Certain ones worked better than others..
Coffee puts me to sleep.

But when you're having that terrible day at work a 30 minute break with a dozen chicken wings a "Function alternative energy" or "5 hour energy".. And a cigarette or two... Zing. Not that I drink energy drinks or smoke cigarettes anymore. Gave it all up.

I'm naturally energetic now though, so I stay away from stimulants as they either make me way too mellow or they make my heart rate go up too fast.

Nowadays half the people I've worked with are on aderal.. That will give you a kick when you're washing dishes holy moly how is that even a thing. Here kids have some Meth.

Oh and there are these "work out, diet pills" Not really sure what kind they were or whats in them but I'm convinced they had to be lying on the label haha.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

Oh and there are these "work out, diet pills" Not really sure what kind they were or whats in them but I'm convinced they had to be lying on the label haha.

all those diet pills and 'supplements' get you jacked.
like mini thins..they sell them at gas stations on the counter usually..

those things tear you up.

i didnt really notice more energy when i drank them. jut more time in the bathroom

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Odd you say coffee puts you to sleep, as the majority of energy drinks contain the same ingredient as coffee, caffeine!

To the OP, popular due to one thing. Marketing.

Look who and what gets sponsored by energy drink companies, "energetic" drinks for energetic people like Red Bull Racing!

I very rarely have any sort of caffeine stimulants, be it coffee or energy drinks, they work quite well for me and tend to make me freak out if I'm already anxious..

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Do jaguer bombs count?
Lol
No, I have only tasted a red bull one time. Sugar and caffeine are fast energy and the fall is worse than the high so I tend to avoid them.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Interesting

Energy drinks often contain excessive levels of caffeine, amino acids, vitamins, and artificial flavorings. For some people, these ingredients can increase the risk of irregular heartbeat (arrhythmias), high blood pressure, caffeine toxicity, and cardiac arrest. As the popularity of these drinks has increased, so has concern about the lack of warnings regarding severe, life-threatening side effects.

Energy Drink Lawsuit

Red Bull pays out $13M in class action lawsuit, may owe you money

abc7chicago.com...-2

I just use plain old coffee myself..

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

Odd you say coffee puts you to sleep, as the majority of energy drinks contain the same ingredient as coffee, caffeine!

Yes there is caffeine. 70mg and the drink lasts me about 6 hours.. But I can tell you whatever... coffee makes me fall asleep. I use it to go to bed.
I mentioned the two kinds I drank most. Muira Pauma, Epimedium, Guarana, Yerba Mate, Catuaba.. Are the main things in one of them. The other works mostly on B vitamins.

You have to eat food before using these... Good fats and proteins. Matabolism goes way up, and you're sitting pretty.
I used to have a whole system down.

Caffeine alone isn't my cup of tea, ya that was a pun.

Alcohol wakes me up..
I'm strange. Maybe I've become ADHD or something? who knows..

edit on 11-10-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Red bull has less caffeine than coffee.
Most of the energy drinks taste like crap.
I am rather partial to the rock star red punch though.

Been weaning myself off of sodas and energy drinks.
As I understand it, drinking a 12 ounce non-diet soda will reduce white blood cell count by up to 40% within about 30 minutes and stay that way for several hours.
This is according to a study done recently in the UK.

Espresso is a good substitute.

I have a Rancilio Sylvia espresso machine and Rancilio Rocky grinder.
It's expensive but much cheaper than Starbucks.
I can get a buzz that can't be touched by energy drinks and it is much better than Starbucks in the taste department.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I tried one once.

That was enough for me... I'm not a fan of the jitters.

Coffee is my preferred 'picker upper' in the morning.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

coffee makes me fall asleep. I use it to go to bed.

Sometimes I do the same thing. When I'm in a sleep deficit, nothing works better.

And alcohol ... talk about wrecking a potentially good night's sleep. I can drink 'til I pass out and wake up more tired than I can tolerate. Some Saturday mornings it's a coffee and back to bed.

ETA: And I don't particularly care for the taste of energy drinks. Pretty much only drink coffee throughout the day. Might seem to contradict what I wrote above, but coffee only knocks me out when I'm already tired.
edit on 11102014 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
They be out of money...
The moochers signed up and took it all and I bet most never even tried red bull..

If you read what is really in them "all E-Drinks" you would never touch one again.... just sayin

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
MONSTERS makes my daughter's heart to palpitate (she's 20 now). Not good. Others seem to be ok though. I personally stay away from them and don't let my kids buy them when I'm around.
edit on 11-10-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Yes, I have in the past along with espresso double shot coffee, espresso shot in my chai tea ect. What I do now for energy is whip some sort of smoothie made with fresh veggies, fruit, a couple tablespoons of yogurt and peanut butter or some other kind of nut butters. I put it in my thermos and take it with me for those afternoon energy drops. Unlike the energy drinks, I don't crash and have sustained energy. Whole food will always beat out the energy gimmicks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join