It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong and China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
As the demonstrations in Hong Kong have resided. Chinese citizens have been taking a new stand on Hong Kong. Now they are saying that Chinese citizens in Hong Kong are being abused, and that Hong Kong citizens are racist against mainland Chinese.

Here is an effort by China, to create an excuse to go into Hong Kong with military and weapons, if the demonstrations continue.

One has to just go bonkers over the lying and pathetic Chinese in this case ... what a bunch of hogwash. How pathetic. Wonder what they're going to do next ... kill all the Hong Kong citizens, or force them to move abroad. I wonder where the US and Britain are now ... or Europe for that matter. All the firepower directed at imagined bonkers cituation in the middle east, but this ... Britain created Hong Kong, and they're going to need help ... what are people going to do, leave them in the hands of this?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I had listened to this RT cross-talk on what might be going on there and why . I found it helped a little to explain some of the issues and situations we are hearing about .
a reply to: bjarneorn

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

where the US and Britain are now ... or Europe for that matter. All the firepower directed at imagined bonkers cituation in the middle east, but this ... Britain created Hong Kong, and they're going to need help ... what are people going to do, leave them in the hands of this?

It aint none of our bidness no mo.

The time for that would have been back when Hong Kong still belonged to Great Britain. But, that boat left a loooooong time ago.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Here is an effort by China, to create an excuse to go into Hong Kong with military and weapons,

I don't know where you're getting your information, but, if China wanted to Crush the Protesters, they would have earlier.
Hong Kong is a Part of China and the Citizen of Hong Kong just can not be force to move abroad, Sorry, Chinese Law does not allow you to just Move When You Feel Like it!

Also, You do know that China keeps a Large PLA force and a Naval Base on Hong Kong don't you and have every sense reclaiming Hong Kong from Great Britain.
Here you go Relax,,,,,,

The streets surrounding the bash at the Hong Kong Convention Centre presented a starkly different scene as thousands of protesters escalated the most sustained push for full democracy since China took Hong Kong back from Britain in 1997.

As the protests enter their second week amid fresh signs of street violence, some demonstrators and ordinary Hong Kong citizens fear Tan's troops could eventually be ordered to crush a movement unthinkable on the mainland.

Thorny political, legal and strategic realities make any such involvement of the PLA exceptionally difficult, however, and Hong Kong's 27,000-strong police force is expected to remain in charge for the time being.

Government advisers and experts believe leaders in both Beijing and Hong Kong understand the immense political costs of ordering the PLA out of their barracks, ending at a stroke Hong Kong's vaunted autonomy under the "one country-two systems" formula under which Britain agreed to hand over the Asian financial hub.

Link

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm sure that when it was a British colony, there wasn't any democratic process for electing the Governor of Hong Kong, they were just appointed by the British Government.

They knew from the outset that once Hong Kong was handed back to the Chinese they would have to live under their way of doing things and they were offered the Opportunity to come and live in the U.K.

I appreciate they may not be happy with their lot, but choices were made in the 90's so........

new topics

top topics

join