It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Applause !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I have had the pleasure of receiving some applause from some very discerning Mods and Supermods -
from time to time ... for various things.

It is a nice feeling to be given the nod by those entrusted with the values that we don't always agree on,
yet appreciate in the greater good of a forum that we most all - hold dear.

My point is - we are told in our pm ( yes I know - can be just as easily 'bad'! ) "not to respond" ...

I would like to see an acknowledgement feature - as in a one click
- type response.

As a simple thank you for your recognising obvious - or not so obvious epicness amongst the membership type thing .

I do understand the "do not respond" thing though. These good folk are on - unlimited - unpaid - overtime !!

Can I have my points back and buy my ATS Corvette now ... ?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
You can absolutely message the staffer who applauded you to say "Thanks" - automessage be damned! Point of fact, it gives me a good feeling when members do so.

Here's to hoping I don't end up getting black bagged for rebelling against the automessage.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I said thanks for every applause. Took a minute and made both sides feel good.

Out of 100s since being a staffer...there have been less than 10 members who say thanks. Each to their own!!

edit on 11-10-2014 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Bugger I feel like a total ass now !

So much brown nosing to be done !!!
I'ts overwhelming !!!

My fault should of clarified earlier, but I was shy and a late bloomer !

Can I just give a blanket thankyou to those that know

With a promise of acknowledgement in the future ?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Absolutely! This thread is a perfect way of letting those who have applauded you know that you appreciate it. ( As I look over my shoulder to make sure the automessage police aren't incoming )

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I was too afraid of the auto message, also some of the one i was given i tough it was missclicks of the mod that could not be undone.

So if someone that have give me one see this, Thank you

edit on 11-10-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Thanks for this , I sent a pm to the staff member (just now) as I was stunned and shy myself and did not know how to respond , this was a little while ago. But now I know Thankyou again to the staff member .
1%

edit on 11-10-2014 by my1percent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I've never said a thanks for applause, I thought that it was in some way inappropriate, like
"the first rule of fight club is......"

I feel rude now, and not in a good way
apologies are in order!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I will add my thanks to the mods.

Always thought it was impolite to respond, so thank you all.

I always get a kick out of it especially when I took time with a reply to get it just right.

P

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

i too would like to thank those who sent me an applause.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I need to add my gratitude to this thread as well. In the past I would frequently u2u moderators and thank them personally, but now not so much. My apologies for taking that for granted, and since this was pointed out, I am going to make a point of personally messaging my thanks to all future applause. A great thread to have started,and to point out that sometimes we as members lose focus and under appreciate those who volunteer their time and show US appreciation for our contributions.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Some of the Mods on this site are actually ancient Gods, not gonna say who, the rest are just folks like us. No reason to be intimidated or shy. They are nice! They have a thankless job, we should be supportive whenever we can!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Sometimes I get so wrapped up in topics that I forget to respond to those who have applauded me, I always mean to go back and reply with a thanks, So as per this threads premise. Thanks for the applause.

Also, you as a member can use the 'Alert' feature not just to complain/Alert about an off topic/T&C violation but also to recommend another member's post or thread for applause if you feel it's worthy of recognition.

Just write out why you feel it should be applauded, Whether it receives one or not is up to them.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
thank you to the ats mods for the applused i have recieved..

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Every time i get an applause, i try to thank the moderators. That said, i am sometimes unable to do so. So i will take this opportunity to thank all those moderators of whom i couldn't message for their applause.

Thanks!

edit on 11-10-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Thanks for the added clues SLAYER !

JAK

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
There's no real reason to hold regret for not responding. When a reply is received it is appreciated but it's never expected, after all, the wording of the U2U... On top of that though not only have you contributed to the board in a constructive way (or made a Mod laugh) but you've also given a member of staff the opportunity to indulge in perhaps the most enjoyable part of moderating.

If coming across an exceptional post is a treat for all of us here then being able to offer applause as a token of appreciation is a little sugar on top for the staff.

So thank you to all those generous enough with their time and thought to provide the opportunity.

edit on 11/10/14 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I've never responded because of the message that comes with the applause, so I too will take this opportunity to say THANKS to the mods who have given me applause.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JAK

Thank you for your take on it !

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
Bugger I feel like a total ass now !

So much brown nosing to be done !!!
I'ts overwhelming !!!

My fault should of clarified earlier, but I was shy and a late bloomer !

Can I just give a blanket thankyou to those that know

With a promise of acknowledgement in the future ?

Yeah I consider myself a rebel, sometimes without a cause and although many times I wanted to say thanks, I adhered to the rules. Not feeling so rebel'ish anymore.

Applauds give me a warm feeling and makes me feel appreciated. I'm not sure offhand how many I've received but Thank You that many times.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join