It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G'day! Nothing too exciting, just a pic I wouldn't mind an opinion of- taken Wed 8th Oct 2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Wednesday is beach day here for me, summer down under kicking off. I usually beach hop all day on my days off- city and coastline here in Sydney.
This is opposite Manly -' Reef beach' or thereabouts, not ocean side basically. I always take photos, initially I wanted to start a blog or what have you but I don't have quite the photography flair or patience for it but still, I always snap quite a few.
Guess what I'm trying to say is I do normally take note of what's through the lense and around, the sky, other people, boats and surfers, paddlers,dogs, birds etc and I know this object was not actually visible at least to my eyes when I took this picture. I include a couple taken within seconds of each other and one as enlarged as possible of what ever it is.
Basically I would think it's a bird in flight, except for the small dot/globe object underneath the larger one which I feel is connected somehow and I can't imagine what it might be.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: wagtail

I think it's probably a solar balloon a bit like this.

edit on 11-10-2014 by gortex because: Better example

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Bird taking a dump? Bird dropping some food?

I think your first instincts that it's a bird are probably right.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I would definitely go with bird as well. As for the tiny orb underneath, bird bomb?
Perhaps anopther bird further in the distance.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Parachute posssibly??..

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Going with blurd ...

Moved north dude - 32k's of beach here lol !

Edit: could be an out of whack bat too !

edit on 11-10-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Nice shots of the beach. I miss going to the beach - Used to go every summer here in the States. It's a nice getaway when you live in Pennsylvania.

I digress - The image is interesting, but right off the bat I have to say that I don't think it's much of anything odd. I think you just got lucky and caught a split-second alignment of a bird and another bird or jet in the distance. That's upon first glance, though. After considering your comment about them "being connected", I can see what you mean. It seems like the two objects should be related somehow.

I really don't think they are though. I could be wrong, though.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
2 birds in flight, one a lot further away than the other?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Great guys! The solar balloon definitely matches silhouette wise for sure, but I suspect I would've commented on that whilst taking in the scenery, and maybe not moving fast enough for the shot I took. I will try and find a shot further right I also took moments later and see if it's still there... Here it is ... Not as much sky as I'd hoped so can't be certain, it's just to the right of the rock shelf in initial pic.

Bird is most logical I suppose, perhaps a sea bird fishing and dropping its meal mid flight?

I just feel I would recognise a bird, I do LOVE birds!
Thanks everyone

Wag

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It looks like a bin a bag caught by the wind,
possibly a small aircraft far off in the distance
beneath it? Or a couple of birds.
Technically a ufo, but I don't think
you had a close encounter.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Wait ! ....

Out of control " kite surfer " - OMG !!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

This is gonna cost you a case of suds waggy mate!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Hahaha those kite surfers go a bit crazy but not that bloody hard out!!
Alright alright boys, the next case is on me- gotta pay the fine, fair dinkum.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
As the great Petter Griffin once said...

Although your very lucky OP. Being as you are in the land down under, had the bird in fact been aware of your presence it would have surely tried to kill you.

It is the perception, of most of us in America, that all wildlife in Australia will kill you.

edit on 10 11 2014 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Bird is the word!
Hehe, I know America has some pretty impressive deadly critters too! But, like any where else in the world, sometimes it's other people you have to watch out for really!
Natural defence mechanisms in snakes and spiders down here usually clue you in pretty quickly! How they look, the bigger the spider the more harmless or snakes are shy, brown snakes are all over where I live but even if you come across one walking it's more likely to slither away then attack. Just don't step ON it, pelicans can take your finger off if they want your food though... reply to: SgtHamsandwich

top topics

join