It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye Japan.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
link

Japan Times, Oct. 9, 2014: A supertyphoon [is] on course to hit Japan over the weekend… meteorologists said Wednesday. The monstrous storm…“strength is very much similar to Haiyan,”…said a meteorologist at the Meteorological Agency… Vongfong was registering gusts of the same strength… Its present course will see it smash into Japan some time over the weekend, just days after another typhoon…

Washington Post, Oct. 9, 2014: Imagery from satellite (and astronauts) illustrates what a powerful storm Super Typhoon Vongfong became this week… with gale-force winds covering around 340,000 square miles — about 70,000 square miles larger than the state of Texas… Super Typhoon Vongfong’s eye was estimated to be around 50 miles wide. Astronaut Reid Wiseman, Oct. 9, 2014: #SuperTyphoon #Vongfang – I’ve seen many from here, but none like this.

Voice of America, Oct. 9, 2014: The most powerful storm on the planet so far this year… is forecast to strike mainland Japan… Air Force weather flight chief Master Sergeant Tonya Trythall [said the] current location is one of the better places to sustain a tropical cyclone… “But as it starts turning… water start cooling off slightly [and there's] upper level winds… The storm itself is going to be stronger so it’s not going to tear it apart easily.”

NBC News, Oct. 9, 2014: “It’s safe to say Vongfong is the strongest storm on earth since Haiyan last year,” said [Weather Channel's] Michael Lowry… Navy’s Joint Typhoon Warning Center said Thursday morning… ocean waves were already as high as 50 feet.

CNN, Oct. 8, 2014: At this point winds are at 285 kph, roughly 180 mph. By the way, that would be way above Category 5, if there was anything above Category 5, this could be a hypothetical Cat 6… Cloud field would stretch across the entire US, from Washington State to Washington DC… Among the strongest storms we’ve ever seen. >> Watch

Danger zone.

Just thought I'd share this

peace
edit on 11-10-2014 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2014 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
just seen this 6.3 very shallow quake earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Man, Japan has been taking a beating.

Still don't think radiation affects weather?

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I do! radiation from the sun affects our weather everyday. Still not buying the global warming bit though, sorry.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
"Goodbye Japan"?

It's a storm and afterwards life will go on.

Exaggerated and unsuitable title imo.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Ah, another denier. So the people of the arctic, Greenland, anyone that lives near glaciers, as I do, should just ignore the rapidly retreating glaciers as what????? Old photos taken in South America, the Alps, Alaska, showing glaciers far, far larger than current size..... just photoshopped back in the late 1800's and early 1900s? No, there's nothing going on with the climate..... if your head is below ground level in the sand like an ostrich. Maybe where you are things are much the same, but that cannot be said in places that feel the change now and for the past number of years. Glacier National Park is losing its glaciers.... did you know that? The sea levels are rising for low lying island nations.... they're all just liars of course. The lack of sea ice for the walruses in the news lately, the lack of sea ice for the arctic tribes means they can't hunt and fish where they used to fish.... just.... not happening, right?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Life won't go on for the people who lose their lives - If anyone does- will it?

Relatively speaking, for the people of Japan, it very well could be comparable to an apocalypse of sorts. Yes, after the storm, they can rebuild - Yes, time will continue. That doesn't make it any less tragic when it happens.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jaxnmarko

Aha! Another Global Warming Lie fan!

Antarctic sea ice hits record levels as it reaches 20 MILLION square kilometres for time since records began in 1979.

That was headline I saw last week. And by the way, why was it hotter in the medieval times than it is now? Too many cows farting?

Back on topic.

A shallow Earthquake? Only shallow earthquakes I know of are usually created by a HAARP station. Come to think of it the storm that hit the Philippines recently ish was created by HAARP. It will be interesting as to what happens after this Japanese one. Hope to hell the Japs make it ok and there's not too much damage!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Another life destroying event brought to you proudly by HAARP.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Japan should trade places with North Korea.

Japan would benefit from easier trade with South Korea and Russia, while Chubby Cheese Kim gets his isolated island paradise, with an annual disaster to bolster national support.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tedgoat
a reply to: jaxnmarko

Aha! Another Global Warming Lie fan!

Antarctic sea ice hits record levels as it reaches 20 MILLION square kilometres for time since records began in 1979.

INCHES thick as opposed to miles!!! Jesus H nothing like showing your ignorance is there. You do know the difference between AREA and VOLUME don't you ?

THe spread of sea ice in Antartica is due to less dense salt water due to high water temperatures!. The VOLUME of ice is getting less. Another mechanism is the ice literally slipping off the land into the sea. And finally we have changes in the wind patterns causing cooler air to flow over the surface. Changing wind patterns due to changing weather and weather changes with climate changes.

DUH!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Oh I'm sorry. Are you another believer in the Cow Farting problem in the Medieval Times?

I'm not ignorant of changes in the Antarctic and Arctic ice mass changes. Nor am I ignorant of the Solar Cycle changes this planet goes through every so often.

But I will say that people that believe the Global Warming / Climate Change lies are very ignorant indeed!

Cause of global warming in medieval era:

Yup! Makes sense!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
My heart goes out to the people of Japan for the terrible destructions they have had inflicted on their society. We seem to be in some kind of cycle in our weather where its rather like being on the top of a roller coaster waiting for THAT moment.

In all my years I have never heard thunder so loud as I did last winter, I thought a bomb had gone off in the garden. Living in the UK we are 'mellow' weatherwise with the odd floods etc but mellow is fast turning to very active. I saw a weather thread which said one of the coldest winters is going to hit within two weeks. Another said people are getting ready for some form of activity to hit us in October so I am watchful and waiting. Seems Japan will get it first and it will either fizzle or start up something for the rest of us as the repercussions of this storm tour the world.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Isn't our Air Force base in the path of this typhoon?

I knew nothing about this storm until I clicked on The Weather Channel yesterday. None of the regular news like CNN, Fox or even my local news has been coverning this. It's all Ebola, Isis and the St. Louis riots.

My fingers crossed for you, Japan!!
edit on 11-10-2014 by texasgirl because: added more

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

guess this is what happens when you dont pay your tithe to the elites.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Don't bother arguing about global warming. It's almost definitely too late already. The process has started. The ocean is acidifying. Ice is melting. Aberrant weather is becoming the norm. The jet stream is failing (goodbye Maine lobsters). The only reason we haven't seen actual global temperatures rise significantly is because water is such a great heat sink and the oceans are massive. It's plain undeniable. I trust Bill Nye over greedy industrialists any day. The fact that in this day and age (and on a site like this especially) people still believe the corporations, the billionaires, and the politicians over scientists is just laughable. God damn they are good at propaganda and brainwashing.

Almost as sad as a country singer and a bunch of stupid whores laughing at how dumb Harvard students are. Watch or read. Its sickening how ignorant and selfish and neurotic Americans are now.

Article
www.foxnews.com...

Video
insider.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

I do! radiation from the sun affects our weather everyday. Still not buying the global warming bit though, sorry.

If you ask me this is a direct attempt by the NWO to create Godzilla!!!!!

First the radiation, shake than stir. We were warned in the 70's but didn't take heed.

On a more serious note, to those directly in danger my heart is with you all. The tragedy that has become of late should be a very serious lesson to this world.
edit on 11-10-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01

guess this is what happens when you dont pay your tithe to the elites.

I thought they've been ponying up since WW2 in many capacities.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaxnmarko
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Ah, another denier. So the people of the arctic, Greenland, anyone that lives near glaciers, as I do, should just ignore the rapidly retreating glaciers as what????? Old photos taken in South America, the Alps, Alaska, showing glaciers far, far larger than current size..... just photoshopped back in the late 1800's and early 1900s? No, there's nothing going on with the climate..... if your head is below ground level in the sand like an ostrich. Maybe where you are things are much the same, but that cannot be said in places that feel the change now and for the past number of years. Glacier National Park is losing its glaciers.... did you know that? The sea levels are rising for low lying island nations.... they're all just liars of course. The lack of sea ice for the walruses in the news lately, the lack of sea ice for the arctic tribes means they can't hunt and fish where they used to fish.... just.... not happening, right?

The Earth has had many small Ice Age events. You should be thankful that humanity has warmed the planet up so you wont experience that. You would certainly have to move then. The Artic tribes would not survive a small iceage either to they too should be thankful we have caused the globe to warm.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Cows don't fart, they belch, according to latest reports in Climate Depot, there has been no change in mean global temperature in the last 16 years, also Antarctic ice is now at its highest since records began, whenever that was!

<<   2  3 >>

join