It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Account page needs work... maby?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I was trying to edit my signature and I noticed that when you try to add a ' it is replaced by a / and when you try to put a , it doesn't appear at all. Help me ATS, your my only hope...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Let's test it

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Looks like you're right. I dunno.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1 Yep, not really trying to make a big deal. Just thought you all should know.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: HiMyNameIsCal

I have noticed the same thing using double quote signs ("). If you notice in my sig, I had leave them out because I had the same issue as you and kept getting //// marks.

I'm pretty new to ATS and I like the unique look of the forum, as I am a member at three other forums who were all vBulletin based but have made the switch to xenForo.

BUT... this forum does have it's quirks. It can be a bit confusing and a little buggy. Things like multi quoting and having to upload pic files to your account first to grab a link for your post and trying to get some kind of heads up visual notification of message or thread replies at the top of the page. Maybe I'm just used to using the "standard" type forums that have been around for ages?

Is there a definitive guide to using to board somewhere? I've have found bits and pieces here and there, but some sort of user guide would be nice.

Thanks!
edit on pm102014102014Friday by adomol because: typo

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm having trouble too. Can't get the text to change color on my avatar block.
The black dot that I'm trying to move with the mouse keeps reverting back to the grey (left) side of the chosen color field before I can 'select' it where I want it...like an elastic band!...Ugh!

Oh, and while I'm here, what's with the post 'preview' that kinda gets illusively enfolded under/over other posts and hard to find? It used to be a window directly under one's current post window, not kinda floating around...Thanks.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: HiMyNameIsCal
Signature editing has been quirky since late 2010.
People making new signatures began observing that they couldn't get commas to show.
Somebody came up with a code work-around which might help with your problem as well. I'm not sure where to find it, though.

top topics

join