posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:18 AM
Pretty much any story you hear about radio teeth are purest bull#.
1) your mouth is full of conductive spit, and is surrounded by conductive meat, all of which suck up radio signals. The higher the frequency signal,
the worse it gets absorbed. But, you have to have very very high frequencies, because the antenna that will fit in a tooth is excruciatingly small.
The radio signal you could radiate efficiently from a tooth sized antenna would be so high a frequency that it would vanish into the spit.
2) putting in a sound transducer that would both fit in a tooth and leave room for the electronics is another issue. The smaller you make it, the
worse the performance, unless you're a bat and can hear into the ultrasonic.
3) you have to have a power source. And that means a battery. And that means recharging it. Regularly. Unless someone's hovering around you with a
tooth charger or replacing the radio tooth every day, it's likely a delusion.
4) It would be heinously expensive. Who would fork over a few hundred thousand bucks to build a one-off tooth to pester you?
5) How do you envision a radio tooth making you see colors?
Given all that, I'd say schizophrenia is a lot more likely.
eta: to the first poster with the story about Lucille Ball - I'll say this - if you had ever used CW you'd immediately know the story is bogus. Key
edit on 11-10-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)