It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UH-OH - Where did I put my mind?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Shema

It's easy to claim that we're the only "intelligent" species on Earth when we're the ones defining intelligence. We set the criteria, we make the evaluations of other species, we make the judgement against the criteria... all based only on our own experience. Would we even be able to recognize intelligence in another species if it is present? I doubt we're mature enough as a species to do so at this point.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shema
There is a gulf that separates Heaven from Earth and a gulf that separates humans from beasts.
IMHO.

You are correct. Because my cats are FAR superior than you with catching mice, and doing other more "cattish" things.
Ergo...my cats are superior than man, right?

What I want to point out there, that the definition whether a species is "superior" may be entirely subjective....(how long can you dive under water? How high can you fly? Etc.) UNLESS of course we take our intellect as the sole criteria to judge "what is better"...but for god's sake..please look around what our oh so superior intellect gave us? It's not only positive things obviously.

Just saying.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Nevertheless there is something to be said for physical evolutionary growth but, you know, in the grand scheme of things its such a minor topic. The things that really matter ascend the mere physical so why do evolutionists (read atheists) keep harping on on the subject unless that is all their minds can grasp? There is a huge door that they don't even attempt to open, in fact they refuse to recognize that it even exists.

This is war talk, I realize, but its about time these things were said.

IMHO.

Nous is a prize.

Corpus Hermeticum (The Cup of Monad)

3. Reason (Logos) indeed, O Tat, among all men hath He distributed, but Mind not yet; not that He grudgeth any, for grudging cometh not from Him, but hath its place below, within the souls of men who have no Mind.

Tat: Why then did God, O father, not on all bestow a share of Mind?

H: He willed, my son, to have it set up in the midst for souls, just as it were a prize.

4. T: And where hath He set it up?

H: He filled a mighty Cup with it, and sent it down, joining a Herald [to it], to whom He gave command to make this proclamation to the hearts of men:

Baptize thyself with this Cup's baptism, what heart can do so, thou that hast faith thou canst ascend to him that hath sent down the Cup, thou that dost know for what thoudidst come into being!

As many then as understood the Herald's tidings and doused themselves in Mind, became partakers in the Gnosis; and when they had "received the Mind" they were made "perfect men".
LINK

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

I like that, AlephBet, cheers.

Taken as a whole the thread iteslf is 95% nonsense but it is that latent 5% I had hoped would stir someone.

Thank you those who defended me, I owe you.

edit on 12-10-2014 by Shema because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I can see the mind as being a construct of "DNA" however it is amazing because the mind is so accessible to us as a species, we are able to use our minds, and direct our actions using the power of "thought".

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor
The problem is most do not think. At least not in the classical sense of what you would define as thinking. We are a species driven by our basic assumptions about the way things are. Those basic assumptions filter down through intention or the way we subconsciously have already decided to approach everything we might face. Those intentions filter down to a more recognizable mental space through our emotions or the way we react to our behaviors thoughts and environments. Our emotions then filter into our conscious mind and determine the thoughts we decide to consciously entertain. After picking those thoughts we enter into the realm commonly known as human "thought" or the things we are aware or not so aware of thinking. Those things whatever they may be are what drive our behaviors.

We think we are in control of our thoughts but just think to times where you are not so busy or when you have time to spend to yourself. What do you do? Fill your time with some mindless hobby. What do you think about? IDK you tell me. My assumption for most is when they are alone their mind is consumed with pointless babble or it is filled with external imaging through television or some sort of mind control device that is put in place anywhere and everywhere you look in modern society.

We as a people are so completely out of touch with our imagination, our human spirit and with our animal fleshy instincts that we all collectively have no idea wtf is going on at any moment during our lives. Anyone who oesnt believe this or wants to immediately rebuke me for being "crazy" should note that you would never be able to separate me from any fully functional "normal" person if we were to ever meet.

All I want people to realize is that you and 99% of anybody you will ever come across in your life is completely and totally out of control of their life and their behaviors and yes even their thoughts. They are possessed and you are possessed, get a grip

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xkillbox5000x

It can be difficult to separate voices in the mind, and recurring memories and real thought. When one "thinks" they are collecting various ideas together, and trying to solve a problem, thinking actively and using your mind and its contents as opposed to just living in a state of recurring memories. When one uses their imagination, they are "daydreaming" and entertaining themselves by exploring themselves.

I have been contemplating for many years, and it all started with very simple ideas and assertions, the more I have thought, the increasingly complex my mind has become, and when I apply my mind, there are many different thoughts that are working together at the same time, as opposed to a "chain of thoughts" in the linear sense. Basically, I am learning to think multilaterally, many different thoughts encompassed at the same time. Along my journey I have had countless epiphanies and many memories of "past lives" that I have also been using to gain insight into myself.

When you mention thought control, it is because the individual does not have the capacity to corral their thoughts together, and question thoughts themselves. This requires a higher level of awareness that they would lack if they perceive that thoughts are "uncontrollable".

The mind is a brilliant tool, and when you exercise it, it eventually becomes "subservient" and thus one can use their mind like a computer, performing sums and calculations and additionally, creating new thoughts by synthesizing other thoughts together.

My main hobby is creating music, and I have many components that I have connected together by trial and error, coming up with new configurations. When I compose something, I have to take into account the operations that each instrument is performing, and the way that they perform together. Also, there is the creative effort required to compose something original. It can be a lot of "fun" however, it has reached the stage where creating a piece feels like "work" as I have to expend much energy. Sometimes, when I am connecting things together in different ways, I feel like my instruments are an extension of my mind, trying different patterns and paths.

Although, going back to the "mind control" I feel as if we are "limited" here, as if there is a "program" that is preventing us from using our minds to their fullest extents. I feel as if I am capable of remarkable complex compositions, I can imagine my equipment and imagine that they are making sounds and can compose a piece using my mind alone. However, to then take this composition and program it into the equipment, I hit a brick wall, and suddenly some kind of subtle "force" prevents me from applying what I had imagined or putting my thoughts into physical actions.

Often when I am dreaming, it is amazing because it is like everything is perfectly "clear" and "obvious" and I often explore my own "inner world" that is full of colours - however, when I wake up, I usually forget most of what I had been thinking on a higher level, and a kind of "force" makes me "forget" and brings my thoughts down to "lower frequencies" and things become stark and plain.

I feel as if our minds are being seriously "retarded" and restricted from being utilised to their full potential. I remember reading an article about supposed "genetic modifications" to the human being that prevent us from thinking many things at the same time, only allowing us to think "linearly" - some kind of "screen" that filters out complex thought and only allows one thought in at a time, and generally only thoughts that are deemed "acceptable".

I saw in my mind, what looked like some kind of "mechanism" implanted in my mind, it only allowed one thought to enter my mind at a time and behind the "wall" was my true state of mind that was rich and complex and full of potential. I remember once when I got very angry, my shouting sent a shock to my mind, and the next morning I felt as if I had broken the "wall" - my subconscious thoughts started to become apparent and I had many revelations since that time, however, now, the wall has closed up again. Another time I was playing sport and after becoming extremely exhausted, I felt as if the "seat" of my consciousness returned to a place that was "behind the mind" as opposed to "in them mind" - however, shortly after, I was drawn back into the "program".

Convexly, often after a heavy night out drinking, I lose awareness, and I remember being "trapped" in the program for a while, I felt as if I could not think outside of the "square" like my mind was "zapped".

It is a constant battle to maintain a higher state of awareness.
edit on 25-11-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor
If I had to try to characterize the "wall" you are talking about which is the exact same issue I struggle with constantly when trying to effectively turn what I call "the flow" into something that can be exercised in reality I would say it is a construction that is put in place not just by some big shadow government mind control factory, although ultimately the workings of the greedy and their use of esoteric knowledge has hindered the human race greatly. It's a filter down of your beliefs that hinder you. Your imagination says one thing but your beliefs about your capabilities are what hold you back. Unfortunately those beliefs aren't just held by you but they are pulled from the human network so to speak as we all collectively define the space around us through our observation and interaction in it.

Therefore you can try to pin the cause of our hinderance on any number of things but its really due to our unwillingness to separate from physical reality completely and bring the plane of imagination down into it. Almost like living in the state of consciousness brought on by halluciogenics always. But truthfully its more like bringing dreamtime into your waking time and experiencing them both simultaneously. Then you are seeing your emotions immediately as they happen and gain control over that system of your body and can direct it. Lucid living so to speak.

Learning to control beliefs and change them and change the way your brain is wired at the drop of a hat is then the next hurdle how does one completely and totally rewire themselves by their own directive?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

In other words... your mind is so fascinating that it can invent god. Therefore god must be real.

Yes sir.

edit on 26-11-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Here is another thought. Christians often consider human beings to be the pinnacle of God's work. We are perfect as he created us.

Yet all around us we see war. Destruction. Poverty. We will be our own demise.

what if before us, we were on the evolutionary path with a much more mindful and considerate being? But in their arrogance they destroyed themselves? ?

It is often said once man destroys the earth the cockroaches will be all that is left.

what if we are nothing more than roaches. ..

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: xkillbox5000x

You would have to control your brain itself, like one can manipulate the nervous system, we can see the brain as a bunch of complex nerves, and then force the circuitry to operate. This means stepping outside of your mind, and seeing the brain as just another organ. Not easy if one "occupies" their mind as opposed to being conscious of their complete "being" throughout the mind and body.

Beliefs are a powerful force indeed, take a simple concept that is understood by millions, and you have the collective "weight" of their thoughts to deal with. To escape from the thoughts that others have is to remove oneself from control networks that render a "collective state" in the population - such as television - millions of minds "hooked" to the same thing enjoying the same experience.

I have done quite well to "isolate" myself - I have greater autonomy and control, however, it is a lonely state of mind to have when you are not "plugged in" like the rest of them.

edit on 26-11-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I know, you are thinking that animals etc have minds too but not so evolved as our own.

Really? How can you know that for sure? After all humans are animals. Just watch how great apes interact socially and compare that to humans and you would see we are apes with bigger brains is all. I guess most people don't want to think of themselves this way because after all you're better than a chimp right? Or are you really?

I would swear that my dog Sam is smarter than alot of people I know. I've had him for 10 years and we "communicate" with each other all the time. He is sad sometimes, and he is happy and playful sometimes. Moody just like a person. When I was going through radiation and chemo and all of that last year he knew how bad I felt and always walked next to me when I went to the bathroom so I did'nt fall down. Many times when I was laying down too nauseated to hold my head up he would put his paw on my lap to let me know he was there at least.

Maybe he can't paint a picture or compose a song, but many people can't do that either.

Maybe you should take a good long look at humanity to decide if we really are that "advanced".

edit on 26-11-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join