It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man buys farm with a locked barn.. and you won't believe what was inside

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

A retirement home seems to have turned into a gold mine for one very lucky man. The unnamed man is said to have bought a farmhouse, which had lay vacant for many years, for himself and his wife. The only slight stumbling block was the fact it came with a barn which was welded shut. But he took a chance and bought the Portuguese property at a knockdown price and soon picked up some grinders to open the barn door. And, boy, was he glad he did as he made an incredible discovery.

www.mirror.co.uk...

For all you car lovers... I present to u heaven

edit on 10-10-2014 by Blundo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Blundo

Nice come-up bubba; make your money back on that property and a helluva pretty penny on the other side... I can only hope I get so lucky when I buy myself a bit of land.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

OMG...drooling all over the keyboard. WOW..JUST WOW!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Fun story for a Friday afternoon...true or not. Everybody wants their own Antiques Roadshow moment. Hope it really happened for a retired couple!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

*Crosses legs*

Cody

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173

Fun story for a Friday afternoon...true or not. Everybody wants their own Antiques Roadshow moment. Hope it really happened for a retired couple!

How many sources would you like ?Sources

Cody

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blundo

A retirement home seems to have turned into a gold mine for one very lucky man. The unnamed man is said to have bought a farmhouse, which had lay vacant for many years, for himself and his wife. The only slight stumbling block was the fact it came with a barn which was welded shut. But he took a chance and bought the Portuguese property at a knockdown price and soon picked up some grinders to open the barn door. And, boy, was he glad he did as he made an incredible discovery.

www.mirror.co.uk...

For all you car lovers... I present to u heaven

What a find!!

Somebody's passion left for another to enjoy

edit on 10-10-2014 by RayVon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I just peed a little...

DAMN!

Peace

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If i have ever seen a gold mine...

That is one lucky couple! Everything fell into place for these people!

I would keep 3 of the coolest cars there, and sell the rest off to the highest bidder!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I know that it's usually not acceptable for a woman to drool over classic cars... but I don't care...

That's a damn beautiful sight to behold. There's nothing like sitting behind the wheel of so much horsepower that you can catch a wheel while catching every gear on top rattling your neighbor's windows because the cam is hitting so hard.

It's a shame they don't make cars like that anymore.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Nobody would want those cars, as they're all dirty. This really makes you wonder about the previous owner, as it is not a common occurrence. I would like to know why it was welded shut in the first place. My best guess is that there was no one to watch the property and deter potential thieves, and they wanted to make sure the cars were secure. I imagine these beauties have been parked for decades, but it is difficult to determine exactly when they were collected, since you can collect older cars any time after their date of manufacture. Personally I would rather have found money, although it likely would have been of an out of print variety, but something a little more liquid. The guy will make plenty of money for the sale of the vehicles, but you actually have to take the time to find buyers. Some of those will go pretty fast, but I'm not sure all of them will. His best bet would be to sell them as a collection, although he could probably make more money selling them individually.

Sometimes I watch videos of "urban explorers," people who explore abandoned properties, and I have seen some cool car finds, but nothing of this nature. It is usually an old car or two that has been sitting in a barn or many decades, completely forgotten. There was one video about a BMW dealership that had gone bankrupt or something, and supposedly there were many cars in an underground garage or something, but I don't know if that is true, or even if I am remembering correctly. Anyway, good for that guy.
edit on 10/10/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I would brave even the meanest spiders to clean up those beautiful cars...then I'd sell them all for '66-'71 Mopars (and cash to pay the bills for the rest of my life.)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

This is actually false.

It happenned in Portugal, near where i used to live

Here's a link with the story.

I'm sorry it's in Portuguese

LINK

The barn is in Camarate, Lisbon.
They have an owner, an old man that used to sell cars and kept some for himself.

These cars are currently for sale too

I guess that this proves this thread to be an hoax...
Sorry dude

edit on 10-10-2014 by Neph89 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2014 by Neph89 because: Add more Info

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Just for a little side note of mention here, did anyone notice a lot of orbs in some of the pictures? Im sure they will all be written off as dust, but was interesting if you compare them to the time stamps they were taken. Cool collection regardless if a hoax or not.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
Nobody would want those cars, as they're all dirty.
I imagine these beauties have been parked for decades.

i would want them and i would think it would not be that hard to find others that might want to buy them.

looks like this story is fake but i could see something like this happening easily.

i know of 3 places around town here that have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of vehicles just sitting there. its been driving me crazy for about 15 years.
i know for a fact they are there because i was in all 3 places....

i worked for a dealership around here. the owner of the dealership also owns/owned lots of other businesses around town.
his family had been in business around here for more than 100 years.

anyway, 1 of the places is in the basement of a hardware store. 1 place is in the back of a post offfice and the other is the upstairs of his old dealership.

he is/was one of those guys that you would say 'owned the town.

he and his family owned the building the hardware store was in and the post office too.
now he has about 5 dealerships around here but i think about 20 years ago he had about 15.

so these 3 places were stocked with cars that he and his had collected over the course of 75 years.

the hardware store was about 2 blocks away from the dealership and one day by luck one of the hitters from management showed up and for some reason he was going to the basement and wanted my gm to go with. then, they asked me.

there were probably 30 cars down there. the post office was across the street. there were probably 40 cars all shut in behind that. the upstairs of the other dealership probably had 40 cars.

all of them were all covered in dust. flat, dry rotted tires...
never been titled/registered.

awesome cars too.

there was a pantera in the basement of the hardware store. all kinds of cool stuff.
i remember an old packard in there.
exotics to domestics.

my point is i can see an old man with no family or something that had a collection kicking off. his property gets taken at auction or something then resold all the while nobody knowing about the collection.

seems very possible to me. even if it is not i like thinking it is.

i think about those 3 spots around town all the time. every time we pass the old dealership i wonder if those cars are going to be there forever.

ah well. im rambling

new topics

top topics

join