It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the deal with 2,000,000+ stars being awarded to certain members?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

1st rule of fight club......!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: JustMike

1st rule of fight club......!

Always open the door for ladies?

Or was it, flush twice if it's taco tuesday.

I can never remember the first rule. . . . . . .

YAY stars!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Ok, Ok... Im busted

Im sorry guys. Its my fault. I got drunk one night and used a lot of proxys and stalked each of my favorite posters total posts and starred them up. It was a long night and I am still suffering a case of carpel tunnel, migraines and sprained patellas from my endeavors.

I guess I got overzealous

edit on 10-10-2014 by ArmyOfNobunaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: JustMike
Double post. Sorry. I sneezed while clicking the "post" tag. (Truly.)

OMG! ATS ebola.

That was worthy of a few hundred stars at least...

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The funny thing is there is a star glitch club and there is a no flag club (which I am the president of). Basically the no flag works like this: if you are an old timer (pre 2006) some members have a glitch which no matter how many flags you get, your profile lists 0.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WASTYT

Oh that? Thats how you can spot the shills, propagandists, etc... they always get their buddies to come and star their posts. Makes it a little obvious when they get That much support... I guess tptb are not real big on subtelty. They like to flaunt their power I suppose.

Just joking hehe its some kind of glitch but I guess you already knew that by now

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It's definitely a glitch, probably closer to the starbox explanation than I can imagine.

If I had to guess, defunct feedback features were counted as stars at some point. There used to be lots of weird stuff on ATS- WATS votes that you never knew anything about unless you won the Way Above medal, up and down voting of news stories, different points values for posts in different forums, 3 separate points totals for ats bts and pts, a bar that changed colors based on how many applause you had and then broke to become "the black bar of doom" somewhere around 100 applause, and something before my time called the big black nothing.

Being a glitch recipient and thinking about what makes me different from other members I think it must be related either to high applause count, high news participation, high politics participation, or high point value forum participation from back when debate was major points.

What do I get for my stars? Well I get to make less fortunate mods sing the ATS anthem on command (and I get to know that there is an ATS anthem) but that's about it. J/k.

And if anyone seriously asks about whether there's really an ATS anthem they will get rickrolled, so dont believe a word I say about that.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It's how you tell who are the Reptilians. If they have over 2,000,000 stars, they eat gerbils for dinner. Whole.

"What 2,000,000 stars members might look like"

edit on 11-10-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I assure you all mine are a glitch, the beginning of the year I only had 9 stars. Now I have 19. That's a huge increase.

Just for the record, and to prove my point, I don't eat gerbils, I eat HOAXERS.
edit on 10-13-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join