It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry Bird: Hawk knocks drone out of the sky (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – A hawk swooping in and attacking a drone while it was flying over a park in Massachusetts Wednesday was captured on video.

Christopher Schmidt was flying is Quad Copter equipped with a GoPro camera at the Magazine Beach Park in Cambridge Wednesday when the hawk attacked.

Angry Bird: Hawk knocks drone out of the sky (video)

I found this very entertaining.

Now we just need a 10-foot mechanical hawk to take out the bigger drones the government has weaponized over our own soil.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheFlesh1980

A direct hit! Bird new enough to keep away from the blades, lucky. Probably thought to himself "and that is that"

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Nature is awesome!

At least it fights back...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Right then. Clearly what is needed is trained Pterodactyls.

I think they would be big enough to cause some serious trouble to those who pilot predator drones and the like!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Now we just need a 10-foot mechanical hawk to take out the bigger drones the government has weaponized over our own soil.

Ummmm, the idea of having a 10 foot bird capable of snatching me with claws like these:

is not more comforting that being randomly hit by a government drone missile

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hahaha that was actually hilarious.

It's how I imagine a fight between Pidgeotto and Magnemite.

Pidgeotto wins!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I really like this. Really like it. Triggers all kinds of fantasies.

F&S

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

only if more humans had heart like that to take back the skies

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Just awesome.

More reason to want a Hawk.

"You wanna go to the park and mess with helicopter dudes Ares?"

( I'd name it Ares... )

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Even though it wasn't an Eagle, I still think it's highly symbolic. Screw this new disease that wants to spy and deal death from above with drones.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
Even though it wasn't an Eagle, I still think it's highly symbolic. Screw this new disease that wants to spy and deal death from above with drones.

Its still a power animal,and one of the UKs most awesome Raptors in my opinion, but i am probably biased as unlike a beautiful white and cream feathered Hawk ive never had an Eagle land right in front of me in full sunlight morning glory while taking pictures in my back garden (i was too awestruck to snap unfortunately) and then take off again... But i have seen an Eagle fly past in Scotland and then make a piercing call on its return flight a few hours later. The Raptor definately seems like a curious power animal...theyve such an intelligent head on their shoulder's i really think we under estimate them, or perhaps we just dont know them well enough because of how rarely they are seen up close like i saw... In the wild i mean.... For all i know that could have been the same Hawk!!! It did turn its head in kind of disgust when it saw my big ugly black Sony ... Lol or perhaps it was a Nikkon fan..

top topics

join