It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nova: Why Planes Vanish

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Why planes vanish

The disappearance of Flight MH370 stunned the world. In an era of smart-phones and GPS, how could a 270-ton passenger jet vanish into thin air?

I have yet to watch the episode, but here's some commentary from CNN

www.youtube.com...

and the Nova youtube video

edit on 10-10-2014 by bigx001 because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...
edit on 10-10-2014 by bigx001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bigx001

Here you go link fixed...

Interesting idea

I still think it has something to do with the stock holders who were on board and possible payload the hold baggage was carrying....

I don't understand how after 911 and GW said a plane will never disappear again.... Bet the NHS knows but their data has too much info to pass on....

SnF

@ OP yes where is the wreckage, one would have thought the airliner would have sank rather quickly but all the baggage surely some would have surfaced by now... Considering how many search planes and ships have been brought in.

Sent you a U2U (message).

edit on 10/10/2014 by IceHappy because: Added last para

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IceHappy

i have never had a youtube link work.

halfway through the program. again one question that has yet to be answered, where is the debris from a crash?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bigx001

When posting a youtube video you don't use teh entire URL. Just the part after V= in the URL.

So:
This video?

edit on 10-10-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
its very rare for a jumbo jet to go missing
I still have doubts the plane ever left the ground
it might be on a secluded tropical island somewhere

obviously there is a big message to be found, just wondering who is supposed to get the message

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I caught this episode two nights ago;. Its worth a look. The Oceaans of this planet are big. Sooo big in fact people just can't imagine how awfully big they really are.

The plane sleeps with the fishes.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
There was a list the other day of planes that disappeared and never found. One 10 miles from here wasn't on the list so I figured it was BS .

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I saw that "new theory" interview yesterday, really not that exciting.

He merely says that large jetliners like the 777 can be accessed and controlled from this hatch-type space below the cockpit. He proposes some theory about a hacker or whoever who could hide in this space and controls the plane by plugging in to the plane's controls.

It doesn't really make a difference whether a person takes over control in the cockpit or from this space below, the result is the same. Not really "so new" after all.
edit on 10/10/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I thought the USAF had a passive radar system in use, ( although not 100% sure ). I watched a documentary a while back where a plane went missing by Russia and no-one knew where it went down until USAF stepped in and said they knew and that their passive radar could detect any civilian aircraft anywhere in the world. Now if this is true, and they also have a base in Diego Garcia, might they know. Even if this system is secret, surely they would tip someone off

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i believe it is in the ocean, but i don't think it crashed. my theory is that some person made a water landing and the plane eventually sunk to the bottom completely intact hence no floating debris that accompanies a crash

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The whole Diego Garcia theory is garbage in my opinio . Too many people would notice it there and there's not a hanger on the island that would hold the jet.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

Radar can only see so far. Passive radar included. They would have to have stations all over the world to see everywhere. An OTH-B system can see farther than a normal system because it bounces the beam off the ionosphere. But even that has serious limitations.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hi Boomer, I never suggested it landed at DG, just that if the USAF had some top tech radar that they might have noticed an aircraft without a transponder flying in that region. Now, I have to admit I know completely nothing about radar that is of any use, but the programme I watched they stated the USAF could track any airplane, anywhere on the planet. A very bold statement in my humble opinion, unless of course, they have something !!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

They'd have to have an OTH-B system to track it. The transponder was out, which is why it couldn't be tracked by normal means. And OTH-B system is impossible to hide, as its huge. The transmitter is several hundred feet long, and the receiver is even bigger.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thanks Zaph, now Im off to see what an OTH-B system is !!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

It sends the radar beam up, and bounces it off the ionosphere, and back down. It stands for Over The Horizon-Backscatter. It has the advantage of being able to see several thousand miles out, but the disadvantages of not being able to see when the ionosphere is disturbed, or not being able to see closer than something like 500 miles.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Hi Zaph, I was thinking more of the Cassidian system the EADS was developing.

strikefighterconsultinginc.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Passive radar is limited by where the antennas are located. There aren't many antennas that can be used in that area for a passive radar system.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It sends the radar beam up, and bounces it off the ionosphere, and back down. It stands for Over The Horizon-Backscatter. It has the advantage of being able to see several thousand miles out, but the disadvantages of not being able to see when the ionosphere is disturbed, or not being able to see closer than something like 500 miles.

that's what haarp was being used for, to see if they could always ensure the ionosphere was the right condition to make the radar usable no matter what time of the day

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thats why they want to rely on cell phone tech and satellites for all aircraft, right? So they know where they are anywhere and if there is a problem with the craft or flight systems the system automatically begins pinging reports.

So tell me, this system on the aircraft was "turned off" and then "turned on" briefly again before losing signal at the end? Whats your take on that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join