It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the Deal with the Sentient Plasma Spheres?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

the topic of "sentient plasma spheres" came up elsewhere on this site recently, and i thought it was weird enough to merit its own thread. i don't know much about it, but it looks like a lot of members are hep to it. hopefully they'll data dump here for the rest of us.

here's what i got so far. plasma is called the "fourth state of matter". when you ionize gas, you get plasma. it acts like a liquid, can conduct electricity, and forms structures. the sun is made of plasma, and neon signs are full of it.

the existence of dark matter was posturelated a while back to explain gravity differentials that didn't make sense any other way, and further hypotnosized that it would take the form of some undiscovered type of subatomic particle and behave like a plasma.

ok, so some people, having observed that running a current through a plasma medium causes it to spontaneously form spheres have gone on to wonder if dark matter might do the same thing.

and that some of those dark matter structures might be living and sentient, but largely undetectable by us. and would probably be spherical or maybe a "congerie of spheres".

here's the sources i'm personally working through:

wikiphysics (i ain't too good for wiki.)
wikiastrophysics
wikiballlightning
our invisible bodies
dark earth
moar ball lightning

any other sources-- especially to the fabled military projects i've seen some refer to-- would be outstanding.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

Certainly an interesting subject, I think there is some speculation doing the rounds as to there existing some form of sentient plasma creatures in our upper atmosphere.

mysteriousuniverse.org...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

karlshuker.blogspot.co.uk...

Don't hold me as to the validity of the source material, certainly something to ponder through.

edit on 10-10-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I was confronted by something that looked like a ball of purple fire (hard to describe it) back during my Army days. And it acted like it was under control, which caused me no end of trouble later on.

I'm not sure you could call it 'sentient' but it didn't seem to be acting randomly.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

cool, thanks for dropping those off, bud.

a reply to: Bedlam

And it acted like it was under control, which caused me no end of trouble later on.

yeah, that's one of the things i've read in a lot of witness accounts. some people have put it out there on this forum that the u.s. military has remote-controlled plasma spheres, and that they can cause witnesses to trip balls and have radiation burns.

some witnesses have also said that they experienced some kind of communication with the sphere, but then, you might experience something like that if proximity to a heavy em field was #ing up your brain and making you trip balls.

thanks for sharing.

edit on 10-10-2014 by ATODASO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

lol the irony of pondering intelligent plasma, and using that image...

so wow !!

idk, I doubt it. I think we just have silly people who think magical things.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Also think of this...

We have sentient, semi intelligent life right here, in the form of things like brittany spears, lady gaga and miley cyrus or kanye west.

WHAT on gods green earth are we looking for in blobs of plasma that we are so in awe of?

it will be mind numbingly banal..

Like looking for a justin bieber fish in the deepest ocean... "There he is, quick, take a photo of him having a wee!!"

ugh

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

from an old post, the more succinct version of the story I posted in 2010:

It was a bit more involved than that.

In a nutshell, we were in Germany at the time. Actually, my home base was in Germany about 200 km away, so it was sort of a short hop.

There was a Pershing missile battery not far from Neu Ulm, and the Greens had killed a missile maggot to get his ID. They also had put up a bunch of posters in the area offering a lot of money to kill an officer or one of the guard detail to get some more IDs, so they could get on the base and cause a nuclear accident or launch an unarmed missile.

That was taken fairly seriously, we were in the chute for the next wacky thing, and we got the detail to do some close watch. That night, they were in the woods near the missile emplacement watching the guards, and we were in the woods watching them.

Anyway, to cut out all the boring detail, what was later determined to be ball lightning came wafting through the trees, did a circle, picked me out of the half dozen guys in that area (the other half dozen were a few hundred yards off) and homed in on me from across a clearing that we were scattered around the verge of in the trees.

It made several course corrections to avoid stuff in the way, but it was very obviously heading for me. I got told to run for it, instead I stood up and stepped into the clearing. It floated about two feet off the ground, circling until it was dead in front of me and about an arm's length away, then floated up to eye level and stopped dead. We looked at each other for about half a minute, then it contracted to a point and vanished.

I got reamed for not running, applauded for not running, questioned on whether it was Russian spy ball lightning, reamed for standing up in the open, praised for standing up and being ready to carry out said running away order, and basically it turned out that there wasn't any by the book response for being personally singled out by an electromagnetic phenomenon and the whole thing was dropped.

But we weren't THAT near the weapons, it was several hundred yards away, so I'm not sure it applies to your supposition.

edit: it probably didn't help matters any that when I saw the damn thing drop out of the trees into the clearing that I said "It'll head right for me, you watch", meaning that it would be my luck that something spooky and bizarre would pick me for a target. Later that was a big deal, how did you know it was going to head for you, and it was sort of hard to explain away. Thus do little comments cause unforeseen reactions, I guess.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
and finally found the longer one from 2012

jfarkinB: erewhon: The first episode was fairly short, maybe 10 seconds, the second one, though, that one went on a while, maybe 3 minutes or more and had multiple eyewitnesses including myself. The whole thing is sort of tl;dr unless you really want the details.

I do, in fact, really really want the details. Please?

Hm. Well, the first time, I was on the front porch and lightning struck a tree in the front yard. Bang, flash, lightning flashes, sparks shower, in a blink you have missed it sort of thing. However, it left behind a ball about the size of a softball, hissing, which floated across the yard for maybe four meters before popping and going out. Two of us saw that one.

I recall (maybe about 5 years old?) seeing what I later assumed was ball lightning but while I have mental images of it I can't say it was real. It did make an impression on me.

The long adult one was sort of back-hair bristling weird.

Ok. Some background, although hopefully not TMI: was in the Army in the eighties, and was nominally in Germany for the last five or so, although while I was stationed there I was often away on jobs. Anyway, there were a number of Germans who had their nose in a twist that we had Pershing II missiles all over their mostly sovereign landscape. So, there was a time when the Greens snagged this guy from Neu Ulm right outside the base using the 'hey there big boy' ploy. They killed him to get his ID, and dumped his body back outside the base. Then they put up some posters offering rewards with pictures of various tactically advantageous service members. The stated goal was to get IDs and uniforms that would allow them to get onto a missile installation and wreak some sort of unstated havoc.

Anyway, intel had it that they were going to try to get onto this Pershing base. So, since we weren't busy elsewhere, we ended up tasked to do something local, namely, the Greens were in the woods watching the base, and we were in the woods watching them. Six of us were on one side of them, the other six were over there somewhere.

So, it's a nice cool spring night, we're bored mindless sitting in the woods in the dark being all sneaky and invisible, waiting for a signal to do something unsocial. We're spread over the edge of a clearing, there's a pile of brush in the middle, there's about a quarter moon high in the sky, the sky is clear. Doesn't seem like a leadup to ball lightning, and in fact, there wasn't any normal lightning.

There we sit, with the occasional terse radio message. Nothing? Nothing. They're just sitting there. We're just sitting there. And then, then on the far side of the clearing, at the top of the trees, sort of back in the woods, there's a flicker of purplish light. Pop. Hiss. Flicker. Radio traffic. WTF? I don't know. Settle down. Pop. Hiss. Flicker. Ok, that's two. We see it from this side. (we see it from THIS side...) not sure what it is ok get quiet watch for it. In the night vision goggles it's really bright. So I take them off and watch. And there at the top of the trees on the far side of the clearing, there's this purple ball of light that drifts down maybe ten feet and goes out. Pop. Hiss. Then further down the trees the ball pops into existence again, drifts down to ground level, goes out.

I get the impression that it's traveling at a steady rate, just with about a 1:1 mark space ratio, and we're only seeing it about half the time. It starts traveling toward our side of the clearing, half there, half not. Then it hits the pile of brush. we don't know what it is it's coming this way move back into the woods settle down And it wafts up over the brush. Pop. Hiss. Flicker. Like a purple basketball. Only as it gets closer, you can see it's got details inside the purple ball.

It comes down on THIS side of the brushpile and starts toward where we're lurking, maybe 10 seconds there, 10 not. I get the conviction it's coming MY way. Yay. I decide to say it out loud. it's going to come to me what do you mean oh hell yeah, it's coming my way why do you think that my luck, it's going to come after my ass you watch then move back into the woods asshole oh hell no I want a look at it you will not break cover it's a farking purple ball we don't know what it is might compromise our position you think it's a purple spy ball? who knows screw it back into the woodline you go warrant i'm going to move into the clearing and look at it up close no you don't asswipe we need to know what that is move away into the woods everyone until we know what this is. Tom, you idiot, run away, that's an order.

So I stand up and walk forward, which is bad. But hell, it's dark, mostly. It turns a few degrees and comes toward me. Right towards me, about three feet off the ground. Pop. Hiss. Purple ball....out. Purple ball...out. It gets about three feet from me, rises up to my eyelevel. Only now it doesn't go out. Purple ball, about 10-15 cm in diameter. Only...inside it, it's incredibly detailed, and it's all in motion. It's like we're looking at each other. I step forward, it moves forward, we're about six inches apart. Detail on detail. It's like something fractal...anywhere I look at it it's got more detail to study. Pop. It's gone, That's it.

Later, the trouble commences. But what would you expect me to do? It came toward me, it was really weird, we needed to look at it, I'm not running from a purple ball. Why did you say it was going to come to you? Did you have some sort of prearrangement? Believe me, you don't want to have said "It's coming for me" early on, if it actually does that later, at least in an Army setting. It really gets the creative juices flowing in the intel guys later. In the end, it was decided that it was a natural phenomenon, with slight suspicion that it came towards me after I said it would. But man, I could have stared at it for an hour.

Anyway, tl; dr

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Having read about real phenomena of intelligently controlled plasma balls (Hessdelan lights, Foo fighters etc), I'm of the opinion that intelligent beings have learnt to cloak their craft/drones in a plasma rendering them immune to gravity, inertia or the speed of light limit.

For instance the Hessdelan lights were photographed using a 30 second exposure and some of the speeds drawn from that photo were calculated to be around 30,000 kph, This leads me to believe (and other scientists have stated) that Plasma balls in the Hessdalen case have no Mass and therefore would not be affected by gravity or inertia, further, plasma balls could create their own magnetic field....meaning that anything inside a plasma ball would be under the influence of its magnetic field and would also be shielded from the effects of gravity and inertia.

just speculating

edit on 10-10-2014 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2014 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Sentient dark plasma spheres....

If that's not an Archon then I don't know what is.

web.photodex.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
There are lots of other transitional states of matter that might resemble plasma -dont see why plasma seems to be the dish of the day...maybe should be described as "looks like plasma".

Bose Einstein Condensate or Degenerate Matter might look like Plasma but act completely different/have a different purpose or application.

If the transitional state of matter has a wide spectrum of manifestations, we might only be scratching the surface based on our rudimentary understandings- a kind of Animal, Vegetable or Mineral game where the object is a Radome for e.g.

edit on 10-10-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone
There are lots of other transitional states of matter that might resemble plasma -dont see why plasma seems to be the dish of the day...maybe should be described as "looks like plasma".

Bose Einstein Condensate or Degenerate Matter might look like Plasma but act completely different/have a different purpose or application.

If the transitional state of matter has a wide spectrum of manifestations, we might only be scratching the surface based on our rudimentary understandings- a kind of Animal, Vegetable or Mineral game where the object is a Radome for e.g.

There are certainly many interesting and exotic states of matter..but I would say
the issue is that *something* has the appearance of sentience and has been buzzing
around our skies for potentially millenia.

Formerly people were obsessed with notions like 'angles, demons, faeries', etc, so
no science was involved whatsoever.

Now people want to dress these same things up in science, so 'sentient plasma' has
become a catch-phrase.

Now there certainly do seem to be analogues with 'plasma' in many cases.. but perhaps
the point is that two different communities are colliding on this subject for the first
time -- scientists and people with 'other beliefs', and the phenomenon is so common
now that skeptics can no longer credibly say that NOTHING unusual is happening.

Now, is all this 'plasma madness' over-stated, or are we sitting on a huge new discovery
in physics in the making that will change everything?

Don't know.

But keeping an open mind, considering this whole thing has been bungled for millenia
seems indicated to me..

Kev

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy
www.youtube.com...
a reply to: ken10

holy jackpot! member bottleslingguy just dropped off a playlist of orb sightings. might be an avalanche of chinese lanterns, but there might be a good example of a sphere acting in a "controlled" or intelligent appearing fashion.

thanks, bud.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Sentient telepathic plasma orbs? That's stoopid, it ain't science. Oh, my bad, maybe it is:

Plasma Life Forms in the Laboratory

This is not the first time in recent years that plasma life forms have been studied. In 2003 physicists; Erzilia Lozneanu and Mircea Sanduloviciu of Cuza University, Romania, described in their research paper Minimal Cell System created in Laboratory by Self-Organization (published in Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, volume 18, page 335), how they created plasma spheres in the laboratory that can grow, replicate and communicate - fulfilling most of the traditional requirements for biological cells. They are convinced that these plasma spheres offer a radically new explanation of how life began and proposed that they were precursors to biological evolution.

The researchers studied environmental conditions similar to those that existed on the Earth before life began, when the planet was enveloped in electric storms that caused ionized gases to form in the atmosphere. They inserted two electrodes into a chamber containing a low-temperature polarized plasma of argon - a gas in which some of the atoms have been split into negatively-charged electrons and positively-charged ions. They applied a high voltage to the electrodes, producing an arc of energy that bolted across the gap between them, like a miniature lightning strike. Sanduloviciu says this electric spark caused a high concentration of ions and electrons to accumulate at the positively charged electrode, which spontaneously formed spheres.

Each sphere had a boundary made up of two layers - an outer layer of negatively charged electrons and an inner layer of positively charged ions. Trapped inside the boundary was an inner nucleus of gas atoms - which was surrounded by a luminous sheet. An electric field was present between the boundary and nucleus, within which electrons are accelerated. The evolved sphere appears as a stable, self-confined, layered, luminous and nearly spherical body - much like the "orbs" described in the paranormal literature and discussed below. The amount of energy in the initial spark governed their size and lifespan. Sanduloviciu grew spheres from a few micrometers up to three centimeters in diameter.

Lozneanu and Sanduloviciu describe a rhythmic "inhalation" of the nucleus which mimics the breathing process of living systems and results in pulsations. The spheres could replicate by splitting into two. Under the right conditions they grew bigger, taking up neutral argon atoms and splitting them into ions and electrons to replenish their boundary layers. Finally, they could communicate information by emitting electromagnetic energy, making the atoms within other spheres vibrate at a particular frequency. "This is no different from the vibrating diaphragm in a telephone which enables information to be communicated from one point to another," says David Cohen, reporting in the journal New Scientist. This would give these plasma spheres an ability which would be described as telepathic if we did not know how electromagnetic waves worked.

Link

The Brits Project Condign report is full of fascinating stuff very related to this topic:

Project Condign Wiki

edit on 10-10-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

yep, that was one of the first things i read about, and it's a real jaw dropper.

thanks for pulling the ref and posting here, it's one of the most compelling pieces of evidence i've yet to find.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Very compelling and fascinating, Bedlam. I, too, have seen a luminous pulsating ball (huge in my instance) that had some qualities that suggested the possibility of intelligent control.

IF, and I made that a big "if," the government is hiding things about the UFO phenomena, I suspect it's in this area and closer to home than sometimes imagined.

History is filled with examples of the intelligent orb. The elves and fairies and djinn etc. of the past where often first seen as an orb and often left as an orb and the modern reports are full of the same as many here know.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well, if this is in the Ufo/Alien forum, Im guessing Alien ships that look like a ball of light in the sky...Why does that sound like God delivering judgement in the old days?

I been somewhat interested in reading about plasma since it considered the fourth state of matter, which seem somewhat ghostly by itself. As for it having it own mind, I'm iffy about it since elements do act on their own. Saying that a man made ball of plasma being made in a lab having its own mind, is like saying our Sun itself has a mind of its own. And if you wanted to look at the religions, a lot of them most likely thought it did. Hell I saw the theory that we are living in the anus of giant organism we call the universe.

Anyways, as for alien tech. looking like a ball of light that alive, would require a ton of technical data. It my guess that alien tech. is so advanced in it engineering, that literally looks alive in it own display. That it requires nut and bolt on a different level, to harness that plasma into useful applications however, that would explain it self as our own tech. advances.

Ectoplasm a great what if to look at, sadly I think superstitions and performers have drained it dry. Although it makes one wonder.
whitecrowbooks.com...

SnF

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

IF, and I made that a big "if," the government is hiding things about the UFO phenomena, I suspect it's in this area and closer to home than sometimes imagined.

this is from one of the links left by andy06shake, i'm still chugging away on those when i should be doing other stuff.

(john phillip) Bessor later stated that, in his view, UFOs were a form of living creature (which he christened an ideoplasm) composed of a highly attenuated substance, enabling them to materialise or dematerialise at will, utilising telekinetic energy for propulsion. As would be echoed by Constable in relation to his critters, Bessor opined that these entities must be capable of becoming visible, invisible, and changing colour, all very rapidly. He even submitted his thoughts to the U.S. Air Force, and, remarkably, was informed by them that they considered his notion to be “one of the most intelligent theories we have received” regarding the possible nature and identity of UFOs.

that would have been at some point during the '50s.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Gonna check out Andy's links now. An interesting ufology factoid is that Kenneth Arnold basically believed the same thing as Bessor.

It certainly would explain the reported interest in our "shared" planet. It would also make the contactees and their environmental messages a tad more compelling.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join