It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Court blocks Texas Voter ID law: Calling it a "Poll Tax"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Do you honestly believe that the votes that go towards any and every candidate are honest and valid?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
So, let's focus on the real question again ...

If there is so little in-person voter fraud as to be statistically, reasonably and obviously insignificant, why are you guys obsessed with requiring special IDs?

Nobody wants special ID's
They want the basic ID's required for all other facets of life to be used for voting as well.

The fact that the left is trying so hard to hold on to the ability to commit voter fraud makes the right want to prevent it.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Do you honestly believe that the votes that go towards any and every candidate are honest and valid?

Is that the topic of this discussion?

message me for my response; don't post off topic questions seeking stars

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
They seem FINE with the HEALTH CARE tax but not this huh?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

Is that the topic of this discussion?

message me for my response; don't post off topic questions seeking stars

I think it very pertinent. Do you think that all votes to all candidates are honest and valid?

If so, then it would support your argument for not having any ID in order to vote.

N'es pas?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I think it very pertinent. Do you think that all votes to all candidates are honest and valid?

If you don't think this, then what's the point of all the hubbub about ID's?

(BTW, I do NOT think all votes are honest or valid)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

Prove that "the left" is committing voter fraud.

The Bush Justice Department brought all resources to bear on the question for over two years and found nothing.

As has every subsequent investigation.

It's a blatant, obvious and ridiculous lie.

Right wingers just can't accept that they are a dying breed and that the majority of Americans do not believe their crap.

In my opinion.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
a reply to: Bassago

THIS. THIS. THIS. this 1000x times, why can you Liberals NOT SEE THIS? It is simple freaking logic.

www.txdps.state.tx.us...

Free, you may get a an Election ID at ANY Drivers License location in Texas, it is FREE.

Once again, it is FREE

FREE.

What part of that do you guys not get. This is a blatant attempt to circumvent legal voting to get illegals to vote and have people vote more than one time.

... and one wonders, why Cons don't tell the whole story ...

From your linked site:

However, if you already have any of the following forms of ID, you are not eligible for an EIC:

Texas driver license—unexpired or expired no longer than 60 days at the time of voting
Texas personal identification card—unexpired or expired no longer than 60 days at the time of voting
Texas concealed handgun license—unexpired or expired no longer than 60 days at the time of voting
U.S. passport book or card—unexpired or expired no longer than 60 days at the time of voting
U.S. Military identification with photo—unexpired or expired no longer than 60 days at the time of voting
U.S. Citizenship Certificate or Certificate of Naturalization with photo

Emphasis mine.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy

ID's may make voting more honest than it is currently. It would make it harder to cheat the system.

Neither do I.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

What does "belief" have to do it?

The evidence shows that in-person voter fraud is so rare as to be virtually non-existent.

Why don't you guys just admit that you're pulling out every tool in your toolbox to keep all Americans who wish to vote from voting?

I promise you, no one will think any less of you for admitting the truth.
edit on 21Fri, 10 Oct 2014 21:08:32 -050014p0920141066 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So you think that all votes for all candidates are honest and valid and require no forms of ID?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Prove that "the left" is committing voter fraud.

They can't prove that. They will just ignore that, disappear and go to another thread and repeat ad nauseam. I'll bet all my stars IF he replies to you at all, it'll have nothing to do with that.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

That's because all of the above already count as valid I.D. for voting purposes.

If you could afford it then.......you can afford it now.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
a reply to: chuck258

Richard Cranium gets a star before my well thought-out post? WELCOME TO AMERIKA FOLKS!

Look who is destroying the United States of America...this guy and they guy he quoted!

TRASH!

I wouldn't worry about it. This site has a LOT of mindless drones who hop on the current bandwagon. Ever notice it's the same people who start all these threads that garner all these flags and stars yet the comments don't match that stat? Your post was too informative and articulate lol

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

That's because all of the above already count as valid I.D. for voting purposes.

If you could afford it then.......you can afford it now.

Is that summary completely true in every state for every election?

If not, would you admit you're posting false information?

What's all the hubbub about then, bub? If the traditional systems of providing identification (voter registration cards, drivers licenses, other forms of ID etc.) was sufficient, what motivated the drive in so many *cough* Republican-controlled *cough* states to throw so many roadblocks in the way of continuing in the same way?

Or pretending that there is some vast underhanded conspiracy on the part of Democrats to steal elections by individual vote fraud. Consider for a moment how statistically foolish that claim is.

Or, admit that it's merely right-wingnut garbage and move on.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

all Americans who wish to vote from voting?

How does having to present an ID keep people from voting...........

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Today's debate is about the Texas question.

*cough**cough* busted and desperate when cornered in a corner with wet paint on the floor.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy

ID's may make voting more honest than it is currently. It would make it harder to cheat the system.

Neither do I.

What I want to know is, if I.D.'s will stop voter fraud and make it honest, where's the proof of the need for this. Republicans presented this idea and stated why they wanted it, but I have yet to see proof of it. Can someone, anyone provide a link where this was proven? Because, c'mon, if 11 million illegals are voting (like another poster claimed), wouldn't Democrats control every seat?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

If you accept the fact that illegal voting occurs, wouldn't you want to stop it?

If you accept the fact that people do cheat the system, what would be your recommendation to stop it.

Or would you want to stop it if it benefitted your ideology?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

where's the proof of the need for this.

Chicago and Texas getting the presidency for Kennedy, Minnesota for Franken, precincts in Philadelphia voting 100% for Obama, no votes at all for anyone else.

Do you really want to face ATS and announce that you believe there is no illegal voting?

Proof? does that mean people admitting it? That's happened. Do you mean conviction and national publicity in a case involving thousand of votes? Get serious.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join