It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Spending $ To Study Why Obese Girls Get Fewer Dates

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
this is a very important study...

thousands of fat girls around the globe are waiting for answers.....
I personally thought the problem was the clothes that they wear....nothing like a fat girl in a track suit or pink to get the male hormones pumping.....

when can we expect some answers????......

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

when all else fails.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
OK, I understand, it's easy to dismiss this study as ridiculous, first because it is ridiculous, and second, because it comes from the federal government.

But you're failing to look at the larger picture. If we want true equality, heavier girls should get dates at the same frequency as lighter girls. (This inequality has sometimes been described as "lookism.") The fact that they're not, makes them more susceptible to depression and suicide. (And as another poster mentioned, it makes them more frequently identified as lesbians.)

The great value of this study is that it shows that all we have to do to solve this inequity is to teach them better social skills. And who will do that? Thousands and thousands and thousands of government licensed social skills counselors. Think of the jobs this will create! Think of all the extra money being poured into Washington to fund this boond-, Uh, Valuable program.

How can anyone not support this study?

You know, once someone complained that they couldn't tell whether I was being serious or not. Let's not hear any such comments this time, OK?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Winter's coming. A woman with a little meat on her bones is nice for snuggling on those chilly mornings. Hell, I'll take two.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Obese girl, meet obese boy.

Problem solved.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

edit on 10/10/2014 by Turq1 because: NM

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I rarely see an obese single woman. I know guys who like chubby women. Different strokes

Oh, and these idiots in government like to waste money.

edit on 10-10-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

from the link you posted:

#6 The Department of Health and Human Services plans to spend $500 million on a program that will, among other things, seek to solve the problem of 5-year-old children that “can’t sit still” in a kindergarten classroom.

They're 5. Problem solved.

Dear Government, I'll take my $500 million now please.

The government spending money on stupid things? Say it isn't so!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
I rarely see an obese single woman. I know guys who like chubby women. Different strokes

Oh, and these idiots in government like to waste money.

Guys who 'like' chubby women just know they don't have appeal to attractive women.

Don't go hatin' I count myself among them but I'm not fooling myself I just couldn't date an obese woman. I enjoy hiking and sports too much.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
my papa told me when i was young pup, hounddog he said when it comes time for you to marry. find youself a fat tattooed lady.
i said but papa why? he replied, because in the summertime, you'll have shade, in the wintertime you'll have warmth.
and you'll have moving pictures all year long!

edit on 10-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I have to say I was always a Bit Shallow when it came to Wimminz, I always liked a Toit set of peaches, the perfect figure...Until i met that is ...Lets call her Sammi...
She was rather fit when i met her, two years later she was like a Silver back Gorilla. When she jumped into bed I bounced out, but i have to say, what a Beautiful Woman/person she is. Sadly we've since parted.

After we split she took up Running, started doing half marathons and stuff. Got her tremendous figure back and then some. She would often visit me. I believe she was kinda showing me the Goodies that i so foolishly chucked away.

She later became ill and hammered on the beef again, anyway, the point is, I would take that Big Buxom Silver ba...eh, Woman back today, regardless of her size...

What a Beautiful minds she has. The most thoughtful, caring wonderful Human being anyone could ever have the pleasure of knowing....And she Picked me.

Funnily enough i spoke with her just yesterday, first time in about a year and a half. Man she's had it tough.
After we parted she got married within a year, then her husband died within a year. Bummer or what.

She seems to be getting on with life though. Top Bird.

edit on 10-10-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: lynxpilot

i think this is a better one.

"Whole Lotta Rosie"
Wanna tell you story
About woman I know
When it comes to lovin'
She steals the show
She ain't exactly pretty
Ain't exactly small
Fourt'two thirt'nine fiftysix
You could say she's got it all

Never had a woman
Never had a woman like you
Doin' all the things
Doin' all the things you do
Ain't no fairy story
Ain't no skin and bones
But you give it all you got
Weighin' in at nineteen stone
You're a whole lotta woman
A whole lotta woman
Whole lotta Rosie
Whole lotta Rosie
Whole lotta Rosie
And you're a whole lotta woman

Honey you can do it
Do it to me all night long
Only one who turn me
Only one who turn me on
All through the night time
Right around the clock
To my surprise
Rosie never stops
She was a whole lotta woman
Whole lotta woman
Whole lotta Rosie
Whole lotta Rosie
Whole lotta Rosie
A whole lotta woman

Whole lotta woman
Whole lotta woman
Whole lotta Rosie
Whole lotta Rosie
You're a whole lotta Rosie
A whole lotta woman
Whole lotta Rosie W
Whole lotta woman

edit on 10-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
>aiming to prove something they don't yet have the data for
>not recognizing this major bias
Looks like a bunch of med-rejects tapping into some delicious Fed money with feminist pseudoscience bullbrown.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The anwser is easy, social pressure.

You don't know how many times guys get mocked when dating bigger girls.
"You like them big bonned"

Most guys probably don't dislike bigger girls and those that prefer them will often not want to go steady with a big girl because they are afraid of what OTHERS might think and say. Simple as that.

Especially for teenagers, it takes a lot of guts and self respect to say: "It's my life, I do what feels right and I don't care about your opinions."

From personal experience, they can get plenty play time in bed but they can't as easily land a date IN PUBLIC.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What about fat teenaged boys? Are any size girls chasing after them?

We need to spend a couple of million dollars to figure that one out, too.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Not all big girls are obese. I had a girlfriend who was self conscious because of her size. She was not fat. She was hard as solid oak. She was just built like a tank.
Face it guys and gals, not everyone can be thin as rail. As long as you are healthy, be happy.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Brad Pitt and George Clooney appear to be more popular with women than I am.

Time I brushed up on my people skills.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

The statements you make about obese girls are not backed up by facts, o.p. The study would go a long way towards further understanding the situation and it might be the opposite of what you think it is. The study could also flop - but at least it would be researched.

I don't think spending money to further understand human interactions is a waste.
edit on 10amFri, 10 Oct 2014 11:45:07 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

“Mounting evidence

I chuckled....

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax
I have a friend that can get almost any woman he wants at a bar, He has confidence too, -back when we used to do that sort of thing, but I've seen him blow off fine women and leave with heavier-set women. I've seen him do it many times. I've seen some "chubby" women who I thought were very sexy.

But again, I don't ever remember any heavy women that I knew ever being single. I think this study may be flawed.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join