It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Officer Knocks Teen Unconcious

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
"Mr., it was just a cigarette!" THWACK.

I don't see too many excuses with this one. Also asking teens if they want to get f-ed up is just nonsense.

My understanding is that while pain compliance techniques are authorized, striking someone in the head is basically only allowed if it's an accident or the cop is fighting for his life. This was just some young scared kid.

Another brutal video of police violence surfaced on Wednesday, this time from New York City. The incident took place over the summer, when 17-year-old Marcel Hamer was walking down the street in Brooklyn. According to lawyers for the family, which is suing the officer, Hamer was walking home from school around 3:30 p.m. smoking a cigarette when he was confronted by a plainclothes police officer.

The video, taken by a friend of Hamer, begins with the young man lying on the curb underneath the rear bumper of a parked car. The police officer, who apparently suspected the cigarette contained marijuana, stands over Hamer as he pleads, “Mister, it was just a cigarette, sir.” The cop then appears to knock Hamer unconscious and handcuffs him.

The war on drugs is ridiculous and has become a larger problem than drug use itself.

Link

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

More conditioning......

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Some day...

Not too much longer now...

A stand is coming.

Peace

edit on 9-10-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Well I certainly don't agree with what I think you are hinting at, but I would like to see more accountability. This was blatant and I can't see any justification.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: jude11

Well I certainly don't agree with what I think you are hinting at, but I would like to see more accountability. This was blatant and I can't see any justification.

Yeah, wrong choice. Wasn't meant as it came out.

Changed it.

Peace

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I bet someone comes along claiming this was justified because he was smoking cigarettes underage.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

More conditioning......

Fecking A right, too much going on. I was going to start a thread about this other incident. Very similar and violent, this time two policemen, (I use the term policemen with reserve) on a runner who did have drugs, but stopped running and gave up for the inevitable, then no questions asked, he is punched the face by one 'policeman' and hit with a gun by the other, this must be a 'new' technique..yeah right.

edit on 9-10-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

A few others and myself think they may have been pissed because they had to run. Sloppy bastards.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

They were pissed because he wasn't utterly subservient. Whether he said something to them or just because he ran, the lack of respect is generally a common factor.

South Park must be the guidebook for police now.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
When will people wake up and realize that this kind of behaviour from police is the norm and not the rare occurrence like they try to play it off as. In the few years that cameras have been impeded in peoples phones from poor to rich (technology became cheaper), now videos pop up all across the country to show the kind of attitudes and behaviours this boys club involves themselves in. They do not admit to guilt, they do not rat each other out, they do not care what you or I think.

This has been going on for years and the only reason its even being talked about is because there are cameras in everyones hands now.

Which means, that for years this went on unabated. Think about it.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: smurfy

A few others and myself think they may have been pissed because they had to run. Sloppy bastards.

That's the, 'probable cause' alright. I'm just glad the video is up, I had to sign off AOL before I could get more info it became so bad connectively, but there are other better but same videos of the incident you could look up. I can say that it is under investigation.
You know something, one of these days some dedicated person is going to collate this stuff Ad Nauseum to such a degree that the good cop, bad cop scenario will become unfathomable. Just look at the third policeman in the video, WTF is he thinking? he definitely disturbed about what's going on..for one reason or another, or BOTH.
Where do any of those guys belong as the American Icon 'protect and serve'?
edit on 9-10-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Until they are confronted with some sort of regulatory oversight that is beyond the influence of local politicians and police unions, it will become steadily worse.

God knows policing themselves doesn't work, and the only other check is the local prosecutor, who just nol pros's pretty much every cop case because they're afraid of the cops and paid by the unions. Carrots and sticks are big motivators.

What's needed is some independent oversight that isn't staffed by cops or ex-cops that is incentivized to bust cops. Hell, I'd almost be satisfied with just de-certifying them. On the spot would be nice, too. And send some "secret santa" types into the area. Cop pulls some #, guy pulls out a yellow flag and throws it. As of this moment, you're not a cop. Certificate suspended pending review. Give your badge and weapon to your partner and walk home, citizen.

Nothing would scare a cop more. Do your job in a professional manner, or that guy you're about to jap slap for not licking your shoe may just permanently turn you into a Walmart greeter, then and there.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
geez...

its only a matter of time before it happens...

They can only push the public so far... a backlash is coming I can feel it...

I already had a thread closed on this subject...

And since then IT has happened with this Man hunt in Pennsylvania...

Just wait and see... Its coming

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
what a bully....filthy pig for doing that.....lock him up and throw away the key...this behavior from those that are supposed to protect is just not ok....

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
These "cops" really need to stop watching "Training Day" jeeeeezz.......

edit on 10-10-2014 by drneville because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
(zips up flame suit)
But we don't see what led up to it....Only the reaction....
Did he run from the cop? Did he resist in some way?
I need to know more before I can chalk it up as "bad cop".

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Of all of the places to start another Ferguson - New York seems like just a DANDY place. You all wait... It'll be a week before someone gets shot again. Seems to come in bursts, and this is three days back to back if I'm not mistake.

Good thread, thanks for the post. It's like a train wreck - you don't want to watch but you have to. I hope this dude gets his very due reparations for this.

Everybody watch out out there.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
(zips up flame suit)

Erm... I'm pretty sure the demeanor of the video kinda tells the story man... And sorry to say I think even if he ran this isn't warranted.

If he ran and the cop tackled him, which I may say is possible ( 16[?] year old with a cigarette ); I do feel like there would have been more of a tussle and less time to pull out phones at the beginning of the video.

Your question of resisting is a warranted question - and again - he may have 'resisted' when he fled ( if he fled ), but I believe that what we're seeing here is happening very shortly after the teen was tackled. Based on that assumption - did you see any further resistance during the course of this exchange? I saw a kid explaining himself and getting his head bounced off the asphalt. This is not police protocol, and it should truly be treatable as felony assault. That kid could have been cuffed without Any offensive tactics.

There are much simpler, more humane, less potentially LETHAL ways to subdue a suspect than to bounce his head off of asphalt.

Did you know that if you were in a fight, and the other guy's Knee hits the floor; if you hit him again from a standing position, it's attempted murder? Because it is.

THAT is what I saw here.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Bounce a kids head off the pavement..for a potential joint?..I really want to hear from the police fanboys here..REALLY I do..what a real hero f'ing cockroaches, what kind of moron thinks this could be somehow justified?.
edit on 10-10-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
(zips up flame suit)

Really doesn't matter what happened before... there's an unarmed teenager on the floor, pleading and the officer knocks him out.

Simple.
edit on 10/10/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join