It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EBOLA Checks Heathrow, Gatwick so thats London OK and rest of us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I am glad there will now be checks at airports but why only London airports? Manchester is international as are others. It drives me to distraction that everything in UK always revolves around London. This is also the thing that drives the scots mad. It is like rest of UK doesnt matter.

Also what is the point of screening only international flights when flights are coming from Spain, Germany etc.

Another thing that occurred to me is I wonder how many people have used toilets etc on planes some of the infected have travelled on. This is going to get completely out of hand very quickly unless some serious plans are put together quickly.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Forgive me, do you have a link? Or, do you know what kind of screening this is? Is it simply taking a temperature?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
Also what is the point of screening only international flights when flights are coming from Spain, Germany etc..

For the time being, travel from Spain and Germany still counts as "international".
They are still different countries.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Source is from Sky News and BBC news and taken from Daily Mail saying enhanced screening

Enhanced screening will initially be implemented at London's Heathrow and Gatwick airports and Eurostar terminals and will involve assessing passengers' recent travel history, who they have been in contact with and onward travel arrangements as well as a possible medical assessment, conducted by trained medical personnel rather than Border Force staff. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... tml#ixzz3FgpqDGLe Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
a reply to: charles1952

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
International normally means long haul flights and the standars airports are normally used for European countries etc or that was the way it used to be when I worked in airport many years ago. a reply to: DISRAELI

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Airline workers at JFK international airport in New York are now on strike. They are not comfortable doing all the risky dirty work, like cleaning toilets. I don't blame them. Of course, they will be made out to be overreactionary histrionics. However, CNN' s Aviation Analyst would appear to agree with them that such work is indeed risky, and she stated recently that international flights to infected countries should be banned.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Daily Mail = Scaremonger ....
*shakes head with sadness of ATSers buying into this drama*

new topics

top topics

join