It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connecticut declared in state of ‘public health emergency,’ prepares for quarantine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
Yep,according to "reliable sources" and a lot of ATS members,you have to positively soak in the Ebola blood/faeces/vomit of victims to have even the remotest chance of gettiing the disease.But hey,that means if it Does become a pandemic,at least we will have Boatloads of volunteers to tend to the sick-without the expense of protective gear too.The good ol' human touch-bare hands of volunteers comfortingly holding the bare hands of victims.Whyever not? After all,it's almost impossible to catch ebola unless you lick their wounds and french kiss them for hours on end.Silly ol' fearmongering cowering me will pass though,but at least there will be hordes of volunteers not as uninformed and stupid as me.sa reply to: jaynkeel

Except the nurse from Spain didn't bathe in blood and claims she didn't violate procedure even though MSM is saying she probably touched her glove to her face. Her situation has worsened last I heard a couple of hours ago.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Precisely my point- I see a lot of cavalier responses in regards to the transmissability of ebola on this site-yet some who have taken extreme precautions,including the necessary protocols-still got it.Therefore my sarcasm-it seems a lot of folks believe that it's almost impossible to get infected,unless you are being almost suicidally determined to get it eg come into unprotected contact with bodily fluids etc.I would rather err on the side of caution myself,but others must decide for themselves-i am entitled to my opinion,and there are worse things than the odd sarcastic comment.a reply to: StoutBroux

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
the united states certainly doesn't have the BEST healthcare in the world.

to me it all comes down to human error. regardless of all the protocol in place to stop an outbreak all it would take is a little human error to throw all of that planning and safeguarding out the window...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

Sorry, people with PhD's disagree with you.

We have ONE confirmed case, and no one that has been associated with him has came down with it, what does that tell you?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Wow Douglas, good find!
This is getting a bit crazy, and so early on. Not even a single case & it's a public health emergency?!

I've had a bad feeling about Gov. Malloy since the whole Sandy Hook debacle. Seems to me Connecticut is a test bed for a lot of our "Leaders" plans and practices. A jump off point if you will. They are all in cahoots and don't even care if we know anymore. It's seriously getting crazy, I'm beginning to feel like I just don't know what to think.

At what point does it all tip? React to extremely and to early and you could loose everything, react to late and well, you could loose everything. We have heard to be prepared, have a B.O.B., from even the CDC with their silly Zombie pamphlets, but how do you know when to put your plan into action? Fearmongering, maybe. Real serious event happening now, maybe. It's all just nuts!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Here it comes.

These steps are likely due to some inside information that the authorities know that we do NOT.

I just picked up some gloves from my University's Health Clinic, and I grabbed some masks from them too.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

a reply to: douglas5

Governor Dannel Malloy has declared Connecticut to be in a state of public health emergency, enabling the indefinite suspension of certain civil rights.

Hmmm.

I smell an election suspension coming real soon.

Somebody is getting desperate.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

Connecticut does seem a weird place if you are looking in from outside wondering what is going on in that play ground
and who is pulling strings in the punch and judy show .

www.jimstonefreelance.com...

This fellow seems to be quick on the ball with things and writes a good yarn for us conspiracy people , i am glad i do not live in America at the moment as i think something big is on the horizon something real big with all the talk of gun grabs , stay safe bro

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

Sorry, people with PhD's disagree with you.

We have ONE confirmed case, and no one that has been associated with him has came down with it, what does that tell you?

Time will tell! Better to be prepared then to rely on our lying, corrupt, inefficient, bureaucratic government to come save your a$&! Your pathetic appeal to authority is so unAmerican and will leave people like you up sh$t creek without a paddle IF..... Get that? IF this becomes a catastrophe! I'll listen to my gut because the government is filled with idiots with PhD's who've never worked a day in their life in the REAL world and have been wrong PLENTY of times.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It's all fun and games until mandatory vaccinations are demanded,then we fight.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
It's all fun and games until mandatory vaccinations are demanded,then we fight.

The world waits with baited breath at this scenario would the government have the balls to try and take on the people

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So the treatment of Ebola involves the shredding of liberty and a dose of restricted freedoms.

To be taken at bedtime.

Daily.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It certainly isn't time to panic but being aware does not constitute panic.

If the disease starts to spread to more people in the US then it is time to become more educated if that is possible with ebola.

Like if somebody is infected, say they sneeze into their hand and wipe their hand on a tissue or their pants, does the ebola still live on their hand and for how long? seconds, minutes hours or days?

Suppose that same person then enters the subway and holds the rail, if the ebola still lived on their hand, could it transfer to the pole? and how long could it live there?

Personally I do not believe it will spread through the US. there may be a few to maybe a dozen confirmed cases and thousands of people with a fever quarantined for possible infection.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Cogidubnus

Who in Connecticut really has ties to West Africa aside from anyone in Bridgeport?

That could be why they felt they could do this, very little backlash.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
from what I have heard, it is a weaponized strain, and it is air born. It might get real ugly people.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well, it's real. I'm reading the press release on the governor's website:

(HARTFORD, CT) – Governor Dannel P. Malloy today signed an order that gives the Commissioner of the Department of Public Health (DPH) the ability to effectively quarantine an individual or a group of individuals who may have been exposed to or infected with the Ebola virus.

The order is not being executed because a specific case has been identified, but rather as a precautionary and preparatory measure in the event that the state has either a confirmed infection or has confirmed that someone at risk of developing the infection is residing in the state.

“We are taking this action today to ensure that we are prepared, in advance, to deal with any identified cases in which someone has been exposed to the virus or, worst case, infected,” said Governor Malloy. “Our state’s hospitals have been preparing for it, and public health officials from the state are working around the clock to monitor the situation. Right now, we have no reason to think that anyone in the state is infected or at risk of infection. But it is essential to be prepared and we need to have the authorities in place that will allow us to move quickly to protect public health, if and when that becomes necessary. Signing this order will allow us to do that.”

CT Govenor Press Release

It doesn't sound all that ominous, merely a precaution put in place. I'd rather be prepared than caught with my pants down in case this Ebola thing hits the fan.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepolish1
from what I have heard, it is a weaponized strain, and it is air born. It might get real ugly people.

I have heard that I have a virus which makes my fingers turn into marshmallows doesn't mean it is true.
Weaponised? why it would be a rubbish weapon.
Proof please not just hearsay and rumor you have heard on ATS.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Cogidubnus

This is what'll happen. Unless TSTF on their own block they won't react.

I have a sister who laughs off everything. Thinks it's funny the police are militarized, thinks it's hysterical people actually worry about Ebola or enterovirus-d68. It's all a joke, blah, blah, blah.

Another example of college-made arrogance. If it isn't from the government's mouth (or the mouthpieces, the professors) she won't believe it and doesn't think it's important.

Well OT but she laughed off all the criticism about Obama, and is now back home sucking off my dad's savings.

Sheep they are. No focus, no enthusiasm. Completely dead to the world unless the gov tells them any different.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

a reply to: douglas5

Governor Dannel Malloy has declared Connecticut to be in a state of public health emergency, enabling the indefinite suspension of certain civil rights.

Hmmm.

I smell an election suspension coming real soon.

Somebody is getting desperate.

Ya know, that's what every one of us here in CT is saying as well... he's in such trouble that he had to do this to get re-elected....

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: vkey08

Stay safe in crazy-town young lady!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join