It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest Cannabis Science The Mainstream Media Doesn’t Want You to Know

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
5 things you might not have known about the benefits of marijuana the mainstream media never talks about.

Marijuana Use Is Associated With Decreased Mortality In Traumatic brain injury Patients

According data published this month in the journal American Surgeon people who tested positive for marijuana were %10 more likely to survive surgery then people who did not have it in their system prior to surgery.

Traumatic brain injury (TBI) patients with a history of cannabis use possess increased survival rates compared to non-users, according data published this month in the journal American Surgeon. UCLA Medical Center investigators conducted a three-year retrospective review of brain trauma patients. Data from 446 separate cases of similarly injured patients was assessed. Of those patients who tested positive for the presence of marijuana, 97.6 percent survived surgery. By contrast, patients who tested negative for the presence of pot prior to surgery possessed only an 88.5 percent survival rate.

That one is new to me.

CBG Administration Halts Cancer Progression

The administration of the nonpsychotropic plant cannabinoid cannabigerol (CBG) possesses potent anti-colon cancer activities and inhibits cancerous tumor growth, according to data published in September in the journal Carcinogenesis

So it actually halts the growth of cancerous tumors. Why isn't the media talking about that?

Parkinson’s Patients Respond Favorably to Cannabis Therapy

Parkinson's patients report significant improvement of quality of life after cannabinoid therapy.

Marijuana Use Mitigates Symptoms of Opiate Withdrawal

Ok that one I understand, of course it would help withdrawal symptoms right?

Inhaled Cannabis Facilitates Disease Remission In Patients With Crohn’s Disease

Inhaling cannabis reduces symptoms of Crohn's disease compared to placebo in patients who have not been responsive to conventional pharmaceutical therapies, according to clinical trial data published recently in the journal Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology. Researchers at the Meir Medical Center

Just leaves me scratching my head as to why something that helps so many people is still illegal in most of the country.

But we continue to let cigarette companies legally kill us by the millions, and I type that while smoking a cigarette .

link

edit on 9-10-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Makes people with Asperger's Syndrome feel "normal" and able to interact with others in a more positive, productive manner. Aspies and autistic people can greatly benefit from this.

S + F!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

This truley is gods work.

www.equalrights4all.org...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

sounds like it could interfere with the notion of 'softkill'

why would you want to impede or slow the plans for a sustainable world?

*inhales deeply*

funbox

edit on 9-10-2014 by funbox because: wolves and thier ways

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Is it possible to have all these effects without getting "high" ?

for me mariuhana when i took it always was kind of strong..inspiring but not really relaxing. I am one of those who get a little "top heavy"...when smoking.

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

Just leaves me scratching my head as to why something that helps so many people is still illegal in most of the country.

BIG PHARMA HAS REALLY POWERFUL LOBBYISTS!

sorry for yelling.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Of course not, the MSM is too busy compiling a 20 year report of all sorts of studies to try to paint marijuana in as bad a light as possible, and still failing to do that since the articles that talk about the report are CLEARLY sensationalized.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

indeed , remove the t.h.c and leave just the Cannabinoids, these are not as psychoactive

the long cure I believe

funbox

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

Indeed there is my friend. Theres a strain here in florida called charlottes web and it was made for children. Its doesnt get you high at all. Its stricly medicinal.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MGaddafi

Those are the Bible quotes I'm always thinking of!

They lie and tell us to abstain from meats.

I'm not sure if you believe or not so I don't want to sound like I'm preaching but I do believe it was put here to be used responsibly. And they are lying to us about it.

An expensive but legal alternative is CBD. It helps in certain cases, doesn't get you "high" and is legal. As long as the product is derived from Industrial hemp plants and not medical or recreational plants, it should be fine.
edit on 9-10-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

It was put here for us to use for many reasons, its a great plant with a lot more pros than cons.

Did not sound like you were preaching at all.

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
it helps me eat, sleep, and enjoy life

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: haven123
it helps me eat, sleep, and enjoy life

Yep when was the last time you saw an anorexic pothead? or an insomniac pothead?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Indeed, I am all for safe, and effective medicine derived from CBD, for all of the reasons listed above, as I too get a little heavy in the head with *any* kind of smoking.

I'll reserve that for the once in a decade burst of songwriting inspiration.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'm 35 and not a wrinkle on my face.

Just say'in...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Or a violent one?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I think theres a reason its here. Or "put here" but thank God its here. LLTC (Long Live The Cure)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
And its just as addictive as heroin... Lets not forget that...

LMAO!!

edit on 9-10-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
We have just had during the Press Preview on TV one newspaper saying that a prof has been tgesting cannabis for over 20 years and he says that it has bad affecgts on oujr health if used for 20 years.

The newsreader almost had a orgasm when she read it out in her enthusiasm to get the point over to the viewers.

What got me was that they did not mention the side effects of prescription drugs used by people for over 20 years.

This is the main prod I have noticed against cannabis since it has been quietly establishing just how useful and cheap that plant is for a number of things that hemp has always been used for as well as health benefits. I was not surprised that the prof's reseaarch was so timely released.

Trouble is I don't doubt him, but lets have an even playing field and hear about the prescription drugs that people get hooked on through illness and how many have died through side affects of prescription drugs which eventually killed patients through prolonged use.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

you see they have pills for the side effects of the previous pills...

and pills to counter the side effects from the pills that helped the side effects of the first prescription...

and so on... and so on...

Bottom line... Pills make drug companies money... Plants don't...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join