It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient's in Germany!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Third Ebola patient in Germany just arrived in Germany few hours ago in the city of Leipzig.
He is the third patient to be treated in Germany.
*I cant find any information or name of the patient , more information tbc.

The man, who originates from Sudan, contracted the virus in Liberia, they said, adding that he had been transported from the airport to the St. Georg Clinic in the city of Leipzig, which is located roughly 200 kilometers (125 miles) southeast of Berlin. St. Georg's Clinic is one of seven health facilities in Germany with the capability to treating highly infectious patients in isolation.

I also found some info about 2 other patients that are recent patients of Germany's high security hospitals.

Two other Ebola patients have also been flown to the Central European country in recent weeks. A World Health Organization (WHO) employee had fallen ill with the hemorrhagic fever in Sierre Leone was brought to Hamburg, where doctors were able to stabilize him and eventually release him last week.

Doctors in Frankfurt am Main continue to treat a second patient, a Ugandan doctor and WHO worker, who had also contracted the virus in Sierra Leone.

I will update fastest possible to inform you guys , for now the US and Germany as i know have launched a plan against Ebola.

The Ebola epidemic has swept through the West African nations of Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea, claiming an estimated 3,800 lives since March. Though the United Nations, the US and Germany have launched coordinated mission to combat the spread of the virus, leaders outside of Africa are concerned about Ebola appearing in their own countries.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JustKoz

Thank you for sharing. I find it interesting that Ebola is dominating the news, almost to the point of scare mongering in multiple nations. Although I do agree that it should not be taken lightly.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It was never mainstream news until it hit the US.

Its in afrika? Lets just send some beds why dont we. Not a care in the world was really being given.

I actually havent seen much scare mongering to be fair, preparing and important info needs to be spread out to the world I actually think the media has been down playing the whole thing trying not to cause any up roar about the crisis.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Vaxellion

Actually not hearing much about afrika in mainstream news at all now... anyone any links to update the cases?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is sort of a non-story...

It wasn't like the patients originated in Germany.

Now don't get me wrong... we are at the tipping point for sure... if you understand just how powerful exponential growth curves are, we are at the point where we could see 10's of millions of cases in Africa by early Spring.

That said... they are moving a couple dudes to treatment centers. That is not something to panic over. Granted, they don't have the best safety practices at all times, but cases like this aren't going to be the thing that spreads it all over the industrialized world. It is going to be those 200 cases of people traveling to places like Hong Kong and Indonesia from Sierra Leone, and then integrating into populations in Europe, the Americas, and elsewhere that are the real spread agents. And it WILL spread to thousands of cases in those places by those means... exactly how much further it gets will be a factor of how viable its mutations have been, and what real countermeasures are in place by then.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: QuietSpeech

I think Ebola can change into a plague of deaths.
There is 8,035cases and 3,866 and deaths and its growing really fast

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The US and Germany are the first countries taking it more serious then others. And there is an article that I will find about help being send , its not like no one gives a crap

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: joeraynor

Like I said "patients" didn't say that they were Germans , the patients of course came from Africa , one of the patients from Uganda got 1 of the doctors sick, till this time the doctor is a case but was released and is being watched

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Yes, but I am reading behind the lines here, speculating on motives for posting information like this particular situation. I gather the implication is that it could spread by those means, otherwise what would be the interest in reporting a case of a patient being sent to Germany, which is otherwise the biggest destination for urgent patient care in Europe?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You can find some info here :
Ebola Info

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I'm going to open a thread about the info of spreading in Africa casualties , deaths and help given and needed

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuietSpeech

Thank you for sharing. I find it interesting that Ebola is dominating the news, almost to the point of scare mongering in multiple nations. Although I do agree that it should not be taken lightly.

To be fair, I know nobody here in Germany who is afraid of Ebola... It seems like only US people are really scared

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: aLLeKs

I also live in germany / Poland and there is lots of awernnes about that on news. When I used to live in Canada for years didn't hear anything about Ebola

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: joeraynor

With countries taking cases around the world-- strangely, Western countries at this time, we learn from the details that only a handful of hospitals in that country as elsewhere have the capabilities to handle the patients. What happens when those special hospitals and their given number of rooms get out-numbered in any country if Ebola even gets a foothold in the West? Where would they put the patients? How could they handle the patient load? What will be the quality of patient care then?

We've all seen or heard about how in some tragic large accident or bombing that the people get "stored" in corridors, etc. until they can get tx/room. But Ebola is a whole new situation. The tx and rx are immense on a per patient scale and then there is the problem of isolating the patients. Any genuine start on a true epidemic in the US, for example, would require a separate independent facility for those patients. And that is when patients would be truly "warehoused"
in every meaning of the word and what it implies.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Yes, I don't have difficulty picturing those times as being possible a year from now. With tents being setup in fields to house all of the patients. But the point I am making now is that it won't be from these people being transported in level 4 hazmat suits, with the fullest attention possible paid to them... it will be the thousands of people who wander across borders indirectly that are not being watched at all that will be the major agents of the spread, and there is almost nothing that will be done about those sorts of people until it is too late.

Can someone catch the disease from this man sent to Leipzig? Sure. But what about the man who just flew in from Bali or from Oman after a trip from North Africa? He will come in under the radar, and there are thousands of him. They are still allowing flights from North Africa to most western countries. You don't even need to come direct... you can make a three-stop journey and get here from pretty much anywhere. That isn't going to change anytime soon, and until it does, being afraid of people being taken to Germany in 8 layers of bubblewrap is like being afraid of a bee while you are in a lion's den.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think that with the impending winter flu "season" and how the initial symptoms of ebola are supposedly similar to flu symptoms, this could cause a lot of problems.

I know a few people, who you could call 'mild' hypochondriacs, who are probably going to be in and out of their doctors on a weekly basis claiming to have the ebola virus.

This doesn't bode well.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

That can cause serious economic damage as people who claim to have Ebola , will be held in hospitals until its sure they don't , hospitals will be filled and people who need an emergancy might not be able to get in because of the lack of space.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustKoz

I also live in germany / Poland and there is lots of awernnes about that on news. When I used to live in Canada for years didn't hear anything about Ebola

Awareness does not equal fear.
Sure we are all aware of the issue, but when I read the threads here on ATS, they are pure fear mongering.
And I know nobody that is scared, aware that Ebola is a huge problem sure, but afraid? No!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Some people don't take it seriously , even in Africa! People in Africa write songs about Ebola. But there is governments that are taking it serious everyday. Also countries are becoming more serious about the problem

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

A UN medical worker infected with Ebola has died at a hospital in Germany.

Doctors at the hospital in Leipzig said the man, 56, originally from Sudan, died despite receiving experimental drugs to treat the virus.

article here

new topics

top topics

join