It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duncan family playing the race card

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
This family will most likely get some money and maybe deservedly so ...

Why should the family get money? If anything, patient zero has cost this country a lot of money because he lied to get here and he put everyone at risk.

The others who came to this country with ebola and lived didn't lie. They informed authorities that they had the disease and so right from the start the people were able to get early sustaining care. On the other hand, this fella lied and he delayed his own treatment.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Uninsured and wrong social class.

Is there any doubt that the response would have been the same if it was Jose, Wu or Bubba?

edit on 9-10-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Won't bother commenting on the actions of the good reverend. The guys more of a vulture than a human rights activist to begin with. No respect for his buddy Sharpton either. Maybe he just wants an apology again ?

So Patient Zero's familly wants a payday for literally putting millions of people in danger ? That's fine. Does that mean that everyone who's gonna get sick because of this can counter-sue ?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So, am I to believe that all those doctors and nurses that have put their lives on the line to care for him were racist?

Am I to believe they plotted against him because he was black.

BS total BS

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

a reply to: vkey08
According to the link though, he did disclose to the hospital he was from Liberia.

He did not however tell them he had contact with anyone that was sick, in fact he denied it.. that is a lie, and therefore had they known that treatment would have started sooner and he would most likely be alive, it is not a racial thing.. I see "true" racial crud every single day at work, this is just some people looking for a payout..

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
To me all that family so call members of the biological weapon call Mr. Duncan, knew that he was infected before he came to the country they should all be prosecuted for terrorist.

How about that.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

a reply to: vkey08
According to the link though, he did disclose to the hospital he was from Liberia.

When he disclosed where he was from.... I wonder if it was to another black person? Would it matter in this case?

It was inevitable for a lawsuit to happen. We all saw this coming as soon as Jackson was noted as being there.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I wonder if any pre-existing condition has any impact on the rapid progression of Ebola? For instance diabetes or sickle cell anemia?
I found a study done back in 2011
Key Used by Ebola Virus to Unlock Cells and Spread Deadly Infection
Link

The viruses captive in the lysosome manage to escape destruction by exploiting components of the cell to gain entry to the cytoplasm, the substance between the cell membrane and the nucleus where the virus can replicate. But the identities of many of these components have remained unknown. In seeking the answer, Einstein researchers and colleagues searched for proteins that Ebola virus might exploit to enter the cell's cytoplasm. One such cellular protein, known as Niemann-Pick C1 (NPC1), stood out. "We found that if your cells don't make this protein, they cannot be infected by Ebola virus," said Dr. Chandran. "Obviously it's very early days, but we think our discovery has created a real therapeutic opportunity." At present, there are no drugs available to treat people who have been infected with Ebola virus or approved vaccines to prevent illness." The NPC1 protein is embedded within cell membranes, where it helps transport cholesterol within the cell. However, the absence of NPC1 due to gene mutations causes a rare degenerative disorder called Niemann-Pick disease, in which cells become clogged up with cholesterol and eventually die. - See more at: www.einstein.yu.edu... f

Wonder what ever happened to that study?

On another note:
Lets see if any health care workers with direct contact during Mr Duncan's care end up Ebola +. After all it has only been 11 days since he was admitted to hospital. The nurse in Spain is proof that accidental exposure could happen any one of those days up to yesterday when his body was sent for cremation.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Sadly the only three Americans to receive experimental ZMapp, were lucky that it was available when they got sick, it was stated before Mr. Duncan came to the US infected on his own, that ZMapp was depleted, that it was not reliable treatment and that obviously as by the news been reported from Liberian where he was residing before running to the US that he had contact with the infected, Is evidently clear that "he knew he was infected" by the time he made it to the US, it was too late for any treatment, the experimental drug that he was administered after the FDA approved for human trial could not work on such an advance case.

The family is due "jack" nothing, nada a kick in the butt and prosecution for harboring an infected person, while knowing he was infected, let see if his contamination causes more death and spread of the deadly disease and the death of more people, I am sure that the families of those that will become infected in the US will have something to say about Mr. Duncan family complaining

edit on 9-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
lol! Don't shoot the messenger everyone, I'm just saying.
All it takes to claim civil rights violations is to be a member of a protected class and a prima facie case.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
And my Great Aunts colon was knicked during a surgery and she almost died from the resulting infection, she's white, did race play a factor in the doctors who did surgery on her? Maybe they are trying to rid the world of Old White women.

Edit: Another thing I would like to add:

Thomas Duncan coming to this country is evidence enough of why we should shut off, or at the very least severly restrict the amount of people who come to our country from the Ebola stricken areas. People here would say that Thomas Duncan did not know he was infected (despite knowingly handling a Woman infected with it), this is the very reason. These people may not know they are infected, if they themselves do not know, how could it be expected for us to find out if they are just by swabbing their cheek or drawing blood? The people who would demand to be let into the country from the Ebola stricken areas are the same who would not be willing to wait 21 days in quarantine to make sure they are not infected.

Bottom Line: People coming to this country from Ebola stricken areas do not know they are infected, thus they would not take the precautions necessary (not that they could be expected to anyway) to stop the spread, the first time they sneeze at work, the just put 100 people are risk. It is unacceptable. You Liberals are willing to take my gun away because someone else stole one and murdered his drug dealer with it, but don't want to offend West Africans by denying them entry into our country when they could spread an epidemic that would put your child through a long, drawn out and bloody death? What planet are you from?
edit on 9-10-2014 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

(post by chuck258 removed for a manners violation)
(post by chuck258 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
lol! Don't shoot the messenger everyone, I'm just saying.
All it takes to claim civil rights violations is to be a member of a protected class and a prima facie case.

I know that feeling lol

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

A-freaking-MEN.

Well said.

(post by Jansy removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rippinitup
a reply to: kosmicjack

The facts.
He is not a citizen, he knowingly endangered the entire population of our country, he has no health insurance, he was damn lucky he got any care at all, he knowingly lied on his entry form, he waited over 48 hours after symptoms appeared to even seek help, shall I go on?

thats all that needs to be said as far as im concerned.
considering everything you posted(which is true) i say he got pretty damn good care

edit*

healthcare is not error proof. the docs/nurses etc are not infallible.
mistakes happen. they happen every day to people of all races...

i admit i know nothing about the law but......

is a non citizen even allowed to sue for damages?
is a citizen allowed to sue for what happened or did not happen to a non citizen?
i really dont know...

if they can sue that would be ridiculous...

i would think that the family would be thankful for the FREE care this non citizen received....thats probably not going to be the case though.

i guess the name of the game is get a race pimp on board, scream racism, and get paid
edit on 9-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
PLEASE!

KEEP THIS ON THE TOPIC AND KNOCK OFF THE POLITICAL MUD SLINGING OR PERSONAL INSULTS. FINAL WARNING.

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555
Forum Mod

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
One thing that we should be asking ourselves, Who are we to sue if we get an ebola epidemic thanks to Mr. Duncan's bringing ebola to America.

Should we sue his family, after all sadly he passed away from the infection

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

This family will most likely get some money and maybe deservedly so ...

Why should the family get money? If anything, patient zero has cost this country a lot of money because he lied to get here and he put everyone at risk.
The others who came to this country with ebola and lived didn't lie. They informed authorities that they had the disease and so right from the start the people were able to get early sustaining care. On the other hand, this fella lied and he delayed his own treatment.

I believe his hospital bill is around $500,000 which will have to be absorbed by the hospital.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join