It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the bigger threat to peace – America or ISIS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
As the tittle says it, the question asked got some very unexpected answers from american students at Harward University. According to Campus Reform’s Caleb Bonham, the answers from some of the brightest minds in the country really blame America.

Campus Reform’s Caleb Bonham recently traveled to Harvard University to ask some of the nation’s brightest minds a very simple question: “Which is a bigger threat to world peace, America or [the Islamic State]?”

Several pointed the finger at the United States.

“To world peace? Well, America,” one student responded.

“In many ways, I have to think it’s America because America is making decisions that are much more likely to affect the world,” another student said.

Another female student cited “American imperialism” and America’s “protection of oil interests” are destabilizing the Middle East and allowing terrorist groups like the Islamic State to gain power.

“As a western civilization, we are to blame for a lot of the problems that we are facing now,” yet another student argued. “I don’t think anyone would argue that we didn’t create the problem of ISIS ourselves.”

He went on to claim that Americans may have a “skewed view” of the Islamic State

www.theblaze.com...

Watch the entire video for more

Also Glenn Beck in his BlazeTV look at the issue in length.

(scroll to the bottom of the page)

www.glennbeck.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
According to Gallup Poll, (January 2014) the biggest threat to world peace is ... America?

Is the most dangerous country in the world the United States of America? According to a new poll from WIN and Gallup International, the U.S. represents the largest threat to world peace today.

In their annual End of Year poll, researchers for WIN and Gallup International surveyed more than 66,000 people across 65 nations and found that 24 percent of all respondents answered that the United States “is the greatest threat to peace in the world today.” Pakistan and China fell significantly behind the United States on the poll, with 8 and 6 percent, respectively. Afghanistan, Iran, Israel and North Korea all tied for fourth place with 4 percent.

Much of the animosity toward America comes from Muslim Middle Eastern and North African nations, all located in a region most likely to be affected by American military actions over the past decade. Forty-four percent of Pakistani respondents, for instance, voted America as the most dangerous nation, despite Pakistan’s acceptance of U.S. foreign aid. The Chinese and Russians rated the United States as dangerous even more than Pakistanis did, at 54 and 49 percent, respectively.

www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Considering ISIS is an American Zionist creation, I would say they both have an equal share in the destructive pie.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

“In many ways, I have to think it’s America because America is making decisions that are much more likely to affect the world,” another student said.

I have heard of this much, lately.

I was going to go off on a rant, but then I read your OP and really thought about the one quote (seen above).

America is not a threat to world peace.

American leadership has made bad decisions that have led to an instability of world peace.

America isn't a danger to world peace. Traditional American ideals of freedom, individualism, liberty, are all great things and would encourage and grow under world peace.

Lately, the leadership we have elected, does not embrace these traditional values, thus negating any idea of world peace.

Our representatives, our president(s), have been the real threat to world peace.

Not America.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Indeed, America is not the issue. The American Govt is the issue.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Always interesting to read the following when people post that link here at ATS

Your source

While poll respondents seem anxious about the United States’ role in world affairs, many of them would have no problems moving to America if they could. The United States topped WIN/Gallup’s list of top countries people would move to...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MGaddafi

And who does the American Govt. represent?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I have heard of this much, lately.

I was going to go off on a rant, but then I read your OP and really thought about the one quote (seen above).

America is not a threat to world peace.

American leadership has made bad decisions that have led to an instability of world peace.

America isn't a danger to world peace. Traditional American ideals of freedom, individualism, liberty, are all great things and would encourage and grow under world peace.

Lately, the leadership we have elected, does not embrace these traditional values, thus negating any idea of world peace.

Our representatives, our president(s), have been the real threat to world peace.

Not America.

I share your opinion. Is not America and Americans but the leadership that acts in the name of both.

To make it clear, I didn't create the news. I just brought it here to discuss it. I would appreciate if that is kept in mind and refrain your comments for what has been written.

p.s. This comment is valid for your post too Slayer.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Nettlas

Exactly. I see a lot of people making statements like "Don't blame us! It's our government!" Yet I don't see any Americans getting off their asses and stopping their government from committing atrocities world wide. If you're not doing anything to change what the American Government is doing you are in fact supporting what the American government is doing.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nettlas

Who are they actually representing, or who are they supposed to represent?

We have so many people, even on ATS, who defend politicians who lie. Our system is a bit mess up.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malynn
a reply to: Nettlas

Exactly. I see a lot of people making statements like "Don't blame us! It's our government!" Yet I don't see any Americans getting off their asses and stopping their government from committing atrocities world wide. If you're not doing anything to change what the American Government is doing you are in fact supporting what the American government is doing.

Harsh, but true.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Aren't they the same?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Is this a rhetorical question?

America created ISIS. But that doesn't really fully answer the question because, while America is the threat in this equation, it's not actually America, but the jerks who have bought and paid for the run of our nation who are the real villians here.

Thus the answer to your question is "Americas military for rent" is the real danger.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Nettlas

Who are they actually representing, or who are they supposed to represent?

We have so many people, even on ATS, who defend politicians who lie. Our system is a bit mess up.

Well I dont know who they actually represent or who they are supposed to represent. Do you? I am not defending the Govt. or politician but lets face the fact, america voted them in so they are the elected leader of USA therefore representing the values and opinions of those who voted.

And anyway, dont forget that the American govt. has always had support to go to war from the majority of the American population. Support they gained from a falseflagattack/lies or not, they had the support, so the American govt. has always went to war with the support of the American population. Therefore, when it comes to war, The American Govt. represent the majority of the poeple in USA.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

p.s. This comment is valid for your post too Slayer.

Sorry, missed that.

Neither.

I'll go with those who own the Federal Reserve and their Big Oil cronies which have by far gotten us into more conflicts "Threatening world peace" than anything else.

But I'm just a foil hat wearing member on a conspiracy site average Joe Sixpack kind of guy.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Well considering America funded and created ISIS

I would say America is the biggest threat to peace in the Solar System.

I bet America is capable of creating problems even for aliens and their bases on other planets........pushing it ??....I don't think so.

US at this point has a space fleet, I bet they can get Alien ISIS started too

edit on 9-10-2014 by ExSmokerYes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

JESUS beezer

what happened to your bunny avatar ?

has he gone

"American" LOL

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

Theresno way to "get off our asses" becuase unless this comes as an internal movement that ALL of us must take part. A flea can only beat a dog one way. Internally.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It's true. The American government has been infiltrated and Mother America is brandishing her weapons to the world. Who is in all these wars going on? Who is selling all the weapons? Who has agents stirring up trouble in countries who are "enemies of Israel"? Sad what has become of America.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The answer is any group, whether a democracy or not or a terrorist or not, who want to cause undue harm to their fellow humans is the biggest threat.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join