It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian woman who recently returned to Queensland from Sierra Leone is being tested for ebola

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Their medical staff are swamped there isnt enough of them and alot have been lost in trying to fight the breakout already, this has been on the headlines in the past several months so i don't know how you don't know that but anyway....

Yeah some ate Ebola monkeys so all of the people in that region deserve to be'fenced off' and left too die? wow! They are people you know, Women, Men, Children & Babies but yeah they'll be right ay just leave them too it as long as we are still living comfortably who cares about the people in West Africa.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

It's not as though I'm not sympathetic, but if we think we are doing the right thing by trying to help them - we're wrong. All that will happen is we will bring it to our own countries and then we will be fighting a pandemic + a war against those IS freaks.

We might as well all just go road warrior now and save ourselves a few years.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

So the whole damn world must be put at risk? I am really trying to understand the logic in that, but I just can't.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Mentiris

The whole world is already at risk. And the inhumane act of 'fencing them off' is not going to help if anything it will make things even worse, people will flee while they do still have the chance because lets face it you can't quarantine and lock in everyone in a zone that large without anyone noticing, and they would run & spread it even further, iv already gone through why i feel how i do, i can't be bothered arguing my point anymore when no one really cares what i have to say.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
a reply to: Mentiris

The whole world is already at risk. And the inhumane act of 'fencing them off' is not going to help if anything it will make things even worse, people will flee while they do still have the chance because lets face it you can't quarantine and lock in everyone in a zone that large without anyone noticing, and they would run & spread it even further, iv already gone through why i feel how i do, i can't be bothered arguing my point anymore when no one really cares what i have to say.

The whole world is at risk because governments haven't shut down travel to and from/in and out of the region.

As sad as it is to say this, what they need to do is go in with armed force, shut the whole region down.
Dozens of countries united to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, but none have united to fight Ebola yet. Wow.
Go in with ground troops, protecive gear on of course.
Establish quarantine camps.
Doctors and medical staff on site as well.

Everyone who is obviously sick into camps, with force if necessary, if they resist and cant be forced, shoot on site. One less person to spread ebola.
Everyone else quarantined and confined to their homes. Martial law implemented. Military patrolling the streets, shoot on site for anyone caught outside.
Every day doctors with armed soldiers visit everyone and check them.
Anyone found whose contracted it is taken off to a quarantine camp.

If these countries keep insisting on help, if people keep insisting this is a global problem, then a global response is needed.
A global response needs to have as it's primary objective the containment of this outbreak to the west african countries affected.

That should be the primary concern of the world. To contain it there so it doesn't spread like crazy around the world.
There's already cases starting to pop up slowly around the world. And many scares as well.

Think I'm crazy?
You'll be wishing governments did something like that to contain it if Ebola becomes a global pandemic that's out of control.

Right now, I see very little being done to contain it.

They've started increased screening at airports? Oh wow, now we are safe for sure. Not.
All that will do is identify the sick.
It wont stop them coming.
Meanwhile, hundreds and thousands of other people have come into contact with them. many of those will be infected as well now. And they come into contact with more people. Etc etc.

They need to shut the region down.
Forget the economies of those countries, they are gone anyway what little they had.
The primary concern needs to be containing this before it becomes a real global problem.

But I doubt we will see any action like that being taken. Not until it's too later, and the troops wont be sent to West Africa to contain and shut down the region, they'll be on our own streets trying to keep order when mass chaos breaks out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join