It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix is Real

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Here is a good Matrix brain teaser.
Why does your mind, thoughts GETS ERASED every time you are re-born again into another vassle or baby body. A reboot so to speak? That is, if you believe in re-encarnation.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Well some schools of thought believe that the reboot is necessary in order for you to "learn". Really if you look at life as a highly complex game and you are an immortal spirit, then the name of the game is eventually waking up and realizing that fact. Experience all of creation in every form and every experience (you are hilter and ghandi) and with enough incarnations you then "know". Through the sum total of all your experience (the knowing is similar to muscle memory as a crude analogy) then you "graduate" into higher levels of being like another dimension (or density as some call it). It's like leveling up in a game, you can't play level 10 with level 2 experience etc..

I think the term is called "veil of forgetfulness", look it up I'm sure there are many interpretations of it, with differing views as to "why".

What I described above is my interpretation of tit, with a little added spice of my own perspective of course

edit on 11-10-2014 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2014 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

Here is the definition according to Mirriam Webster
: something (such as a situation or a set of conditions) in which something else develops or forms

: something shaped like a pattern of lines and spaces

: a container that can be filled with a material (such as very hot metal) to give the material a new shape

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

Where we differ is probably at the point of the first fruits resurrection. I do not agree that only the disciples were part of that, and that the gospels were only for them. Why even write them then? To tell people how awesome they are? Do you feel Paul and the other writers were for us? I used to hold to a similar position fyi.

Its about seeing and perceiving, those who have eyes to see and ears to hear, yes it cannot come about by mans own striving. But that doesn't also make us robots, which it seems you take a fatalistic viewpoint, and I don't. I don't think we have no choices, or again whats the point. You are correct that the truth comes by revelation. And you are correct that we must die to be born, but there is a death that is akin to Adam's death, which wasn't truly a death in our current understanding. He died in that day. We undo it by dying in that day. (if it be your will, let this cup pass, not my will but yours be done)

Col 2
having been knit together in love-- (this is the opposite of the woven covering over our minds, the knitting of love is Christ who is the ligature in whom the body holds together)
, and attaining to-- (poor translation by the NASB here, highlighting the mind of flesh at work in translations, attaining is added by the KJV and NAS follows suit)
all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God’s mystery, that is, Christ Himself, 3in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom--(sophia)
and knowledge-- (gnosis).

So what we have is true wisdom and knowledge, Sophia and Gnosis. It is in Christ, the head of the body. This is opposed to:

8See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. --

Now to my point of the death, and the currentness of our life in Him. Or Paul's letters were just written to the disciples also?

9For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, 10and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority; 11and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ; 12having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised up with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.-- (raised past tense)

Again this is opposed to:

16Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. 18Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind, 19and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.

Sorry for basically going through an entire chapter, but that is I think a pretty good summation of my understanding of our place. Those who have died are already raised. Christ died for all, so all have died. Most don't know that yet, they are waiting for the physical death, to go to heaven, or whatever. But the entire message of Jesus and Paul is about life now. Aionian (eternal) life is life of the Father lived now when we "lose our life, so that we may find it". Yes we are still veiled, and there is the down payment but…

18But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

It is progressive in nature, and literal death is not required.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
S&f

What a fascinating video, although it feels like I've just taken both the red and blue pills at the same time.

It's all so very confusing to say the least. (Where's a brain melting, out of my ears smiley?)

One question or train of thought which I don't want to go off topic on seeing as this thread is about a matrix style reality but in the video it is mentioned;

If we are a consciousness or sole, trapped in a physical reality and there is multiple realities where everything that can happen, happens, given the finite parameters determined by when and to whom we are born physically into, what happens to all the other concious me's ? Throughout my life, starting at the point of birth to an end point which would be the maximum age I could naturally reach, do all thoses other me's merge at death to be one again?

As for the, we live in a matrix side of the video, well I've got a huge lag, I need an upgrade.
If it is a true reality, we should be abke one day to hack into it given that we can see the code.

edit on 11-10-2014 by ProleUK because: Typo

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The reason the matrix was created is described in detail in the fifth interview of a man named Neruda here: i-uv.com... reply to: GallopingFish

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GallopingFish
Haven't finished the video yet, but wow!

This is something I've thought about many times
philosophically since a child.

Rebel 5

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: cloaked4u

originally posted by: GallopingFish
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

What he meant was that ideology was causing separation between the human collective. Eg muslims believe this, christians belive that, scientists think this and every groups ideology is conflicting to another group. So separation and judgement occurs.

Jung also said that the human psyche should be studied more for we are the true evil on this planet. So I think he had a few marbles in his head

To say the last statement is only partially correct. We are not only the evil ,we are the not evil, we are the ignorant, we change our mind, we are influenced by others and we are influenced by our Environment.
The thought process of making a decision, not making a decision, ignorant nuetral, a changed decision, a controlled decision by a second party or parties and an uncontrolled decision by chance role the dice. All are your outcomes. My opinion: We are all of these, each of us choose a path of decision thought. THUS A separation occurs and what you do makes up of what you are.

Agree, as humans our potential for good or bad is far greater than any other animal. Eg dogs cant build factories, or chop entire forests down. But they also cant plant a forest or make a artificial coral reef. Therefore it is our responsibility to learn as much about ourselves as possible so that we can move in the right direction

We arent evil but through ignorance the potential exists
edit on 11-10-2014 by GallopingFish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Good thread!

The matrix may be real, but the important question is: what is reality???

If the computed matrix is the common reality for its inhabitants then the program is the only reality that matters. The outside more "objective" reality, where the matrix is generated, is off-limits for the computed beings and therefore not real because it cannot be experienced.

It would be plausible for a being from the matrix level to enter the matrix reality (avatar), but the other way around is a no go.

Two other thoughts that may support a matrix reality …

- There seems to be a "grid" in our reality defined by the Planck length. en.wikipedia.org...
- Our universe seems to be "electrical".
edit on 11-10-2014 by AllIsOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: GallopingFish

"I don't want you to THINK like me, I just want you to THINK"

This is awesome.

But I love your signature.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Why does your mind, thoughts GETS ERASED every time you are re-born again into another vassle or baby body. A reboot so to speak? That is, if you believe in re-encarnation.

Its not that theyre erased, the argument would be we havent gotten to that point in our experience in this incarnarion where those memories cam be allowed to flow back in from our past lives....

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa

Its not that theyre erased, the argument would be we havent gotten to that point in our experience in this incarnarion where those memories cam be allowed to flow back in from our past lives....

Yeah I like that idea, there must be a memory storage system somewhere. Either we arent advanced enough, or perhaps we choose to start fresh in the physical realm for a new memory unaffected by past experiences. When you die perhaps memory returns.
whatever happens it's cool to contemplate what could happen and what has.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
so I know words like computer hardly do what the simulator would be justice and thinking if true, it'd be just like The Matrix is naive, throw out some ideas about who isn't born in the Matrix but who is from reality but hacks into the simulation for hedonistic, control, monitoring reasons? The elite? UFOs and inhabitants? Hacking in and out being materializing and disappearing while doing 500mph turns at 90degrees, a Neo/Anderson move that's not supposed to be allowed says physics? All speculation but I think it'd be fun to hear.
edit on 10/13/2014 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: left words out

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
so I know words like computer hardly do what the simulator would be justice and thinking if true, it'd be just like The Matrix is naive, throw out some ideas about who isn't born in the Matrix but who is from reality but hacks into the simulation for hedonistic, control, monitoring reasons? The elite? UFOs and inhabitants? Hacking in and out being materializing and disappearing while doing 500mph turns at 90degrees, a Neo/Anderson move that's not supposed to be allowed says physics? All speculation but I think it'd be fun to hear.
Yep
flush your brain down the rabbit hole....

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chewingonmushrooms
The metaphor of gaming and computers fit rather nicely into our own reality. Take the SIMS for instance, complete virtual worlds that are run behind the scenes but which holds together physics and which takes up a life of its own. In essence a lot of metaphysics can be explained this way: higher self = the gamer (before getting lost in the game), the spirit = the person emerged in the game (in between both realities) , body and brain = the actual identity and character of the game (identified with the illusion and subjected to its laws).

Yes, what you say is true. But do you think the latest fashion is anything fundamentally new? In years past, people conceived of afterlives and higher realities, involving things like Jesus and Allah and Buddha. How is that really any different from the latest conception involving Neo and the matrix? They both reach out to find the Why. They both escape from our real world: one via disconnecting from the matrix, the other via death or meditation.

We wear different clothes than our ancestors, but we're not fundamentally different. Computers and the internet have just driven us to find answers a different way.

My feeling is we're inventing additional explanations for reality SO we can have immortality and an answer to the Why of things. In science there's such a thing as Occams Razor. I think even Einstein said it too. The simplest explanation is best, NOT simpler or more complicated. And so what's the simplest answer? I believe it's we're mortal creatures, like all other creatures on Earth. We're caught in the whirlwind of evolution and competition and cooperation and survival. Upon our death, our mind is deconstructed, hence lost, and its materials are recycled into the Earth and reused to sustain the whirlwind. There's no immortality or divinity.

This explanation is not favored by many of us because we desire an immortality. I think most of us also desire a kind of divine justice to wrap up all the loose ends: reward the good, punish the bad, and for those who suffer greatly, give them mercy.

My feeling is we will ultimately attempt to create immortality and divinity, with unseen consequences. It's our deepest desire. As well, we will control evolution on every possible measure. We will seek to be judge, jury and executioner. Of course, evolution has its own rules and will do what it wants irregardless of our actions.

And perhaps a species in our universe has already attained Godhood. And yet something in my gut says even a species which has attained Godhood cannot break the rules enforced by the universe. The length of our life is probably inversely proportional to the amount which is preserved. So if one desires to live forever, one must cut away almost everything. Because of conservation of energy and various universal rules, what we can do is restricted.

Want to live 1 billion years? Take a picture of yourself, then seal it in a container which will keep its integrity for 1 billion years. The more pictures you take, the less time the container will survive. How long the container can last is limited by our technology. But the general rule still applies: the more things you try to preserve, the less time you'll be able to preserve them.
edit on 13-10-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The Matrix is real so the only option is to surrender to that reality of the Matrix. The human existential dilemma results in a total denial of reality, so, the counter-action is to surrender the willful ego to a greater artifice of construction, a realization that converts your life into a life-like vessel of human continuity. Eat that, Agent Smith.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join