It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More US Ebola patients than we are being told about?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I just got off the phone with an extended relative of mine that was admitted at into the Parkland Hospital emergency room in Dallas approximately 9AM on Monday 10/06 for an obviously "non-ebola" reason.

This relative told me that shortly after coming in through the ambulance emergency entrance (next to the police station) the hospital locked down the emergency room doors & they overheard a security guard say (direct quote):

"He tested positive for Ebola. He is in the final stages and dying"

My relative was apparently wheeled out through the emergency room to another area for testing & remained in that area for a number of hours. They were abruptly discharged around 4pm.

Parkland supposedly does not have any current "positive" cases of Ebola - the only possible link I could find was the homeless man
that rode in the ambulance immediately after Thomas Eric Duncan (before the ambulance was removed from service).

Ebola "contact" located in Dallas, taken to Parkland

As a side note, once they had a chance to reflect on the possibility that they were in the same hospital as an Ebola patient, my relative began to note some concerns about the cleanliness of equipment and sterility of items being used.
Once specific example relayed to me was that the heart monitor pads (sticky pads) had obviously been used before and had "hair and specks of blood" on them which makes me wonder about how truly sterile our average hospitals are.

That's all I have - just figured I'd post it as it was directly related to me.
edit on 8-10-2014 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Mods please move to diseases and pandemics...meant to put this there

Or keep it in the gray area...not sure - it is technically hearsay.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Most hospitals (Not all) are meant to look sterile and clean but that's just it, to look.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MGaddafi

Same with all restaurants and other businesses. Appearance trumps reality.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Paranoid?

Why not worry about influenza which kills approx. 50,000 Americans per year.

Ebola has killed fewer than 5,000 worldwide.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: boogeywoogey

Hmm...did that come off as paranoid?

I was just interested in the thought that there might be patients we're not being told about...

ETA: changed the title to clarify

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: boogeywoogey

i know you like to downplay the ebola stuff going on but its how deadly it is and the rare chance that it could mutate which makes it so disturbing...plus read a synopsis of someone dying with that #....its awful

i understand where you are coming from though...hell 20k a year die from drunk driving...or used to...we've had under 5k ever die of terrorism ...concerning the usa but look at how much money and time we throw at that!

ebola is the the type of thing that could in theory change the world...horrifically

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I heard about an Ebola outbreak in the late 90's just outside the DC area...anyone else hear about that?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc

I think there are more Ebola patients than they are telling us. I am starting to think that they are controlling/hiding this information because of the proximity to the flu season and they don't want the hospitals over run with people thinking they have Ebola.

The paradox this creates is that people who do have Ebola may spread it thinking it's the flu.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

Well with Duncan dead it kinda blows the whole "come to America and be saved" idea out of the water, No.

Another thread that was posted by Soficrow says there is a clamp down on media reports... you know to protect the fragile who might go bananas .

Every 21 days (so far) the virus has just about doubled with those who have become infected...

Now that we have a confirmed cases in different parts of the world since this last week or so it will be interesting (in a morbid statistical sort of way) to see what else develops outside of Africa.

S^F Op for posting your personal experience/story

edit on 8-10-2014 by 727Sky because: ,,

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I hope you re relative is ok? And has not contracted Ebola...this is how it starts...callousness on sterility and a pandemic appears.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Thank you for your concern - I think they'll be all right unless it's a lot worse than we are being told.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Maybe they were talking about the other guy at the other hospital who did die? Gossip sort of thing?

The equipment being dirty doesn't surprise me - my grandmother went into hospital in 99' for treatment of both a leg clot, and non Hodgkins lymphoma, was cleared of both, then died of a golden staph infection. The same hospital has a mothers hospital attached, where I had both of my children, but for check ups, I would park and go through the main hospital, there is a toilet on the bottom level where they just have the services like psychology/physiotherapy etc but two separate occasions I saw cockroaches climbing up the toilet walls, and around the bins. Disgusting.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bkaust

That was my first thought as well...except for the fact that this happened on Monday & Duncan supposedly died today...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Have you seen my thread, here?

You may or may not br surprised.

Please keep us updated as often and accurately as possible.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc

That was my first thought as well...except for the fact that this happened on Monday & Duncan supposedly died today...

It was said in an Israeli paper he died Sunday and many think they covered it up/neglected to tell/had to sign off on official details before releasing the death until today.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Unfortunately, I must say that wouldn't surprise me...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I did read your thread jaded - thank you for that...

I've been keeping a cautious eye on this whole thing & although I understand that they are trying to pacify the crowd with their "confidence" I think it's patently irresponsible to set absolutes like "cannot be transferred without physical contact" or "only contagious when symptoms are showing"

Especially when you are discussing the merits of an organism that has a documented track record of mutation...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Statistical fact: Medical error is the third leading cause of death in the United States. So I'm not too confident that our broken medical system can properly recognize, much less contain Ebola, given the incomprehensible incompetence exhibited by the CDC in relation to the Patient Zero case in Dallas.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join