It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you ever purchased a refurbished tv?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerHaus

Plasma looks great in low light, but if you're using the TV in a room that will often have natural or artificial light LED is the best bet. Plasma is more for like, your basement TV room.

/

the guy at the store said the same thing. plasmas are better for the basement.

as far as light goes. my wife loves to have the living room lit up like i giant friggin spot light all day and all night until we go to bad. in the evening when we are watching the tube i like to turn all the lights out except for this cool little lamp i have with real dim bulbs inside of yellow/orange bubble glass. the bulbs are about 8 inches off the floor and it gives the room a nice even, dim kind of light...

so, this tv is going to be used in super dim night light kind of light as well as police swat team kind of insane light cause of the wife...so a tv that works well in both types of light is what i need.

i just want to make sure i get the most for my money. its not often i have 6 hundo to drop on a tv. i dont plan on getting another tv for a long time...

let me also say all of this really sucks. this tv shopping.
led vs lcd vs plasma.
60hz vs 120hz vs 240hz
better for basement vs better for the living room...

back in the day a tv was a tv. nice and simple....

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I have had 3 refurbished Sony TVs and 1 laptop over the years and had no problems, I got them at the Sony Outlet store. Just make sure that you get a factory refurb from the maker. I also just got a factory refurb iPad air from the Apple store and saved $100.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This is what I would recommend.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1412836982&sr=8-6&keywords=sharp+39

I got the 39' version for the BR, but mine was $299

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
probably going to get that rca from k mart.

if not though its going to be an led 120hz.
gonna pass on a refurb.

thanks all

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
glad i didnt go to k mart.
i changed my mind again but i think i have finally settled.
this tv is sweet. its the same price at best buy too

www.walmart.com...

i think that one will be hard to beat.
its running android tv too. so, along with being smart i can stream my music/movies to it without having to using something external like i do now.

it says you can use voice controls and ask it questions like academy award winning movies for specific years...

yeah, this is the one

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join