It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ebola Patient in Dallas?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfpint0701
a reply to: Zona

I've been trying for weeks to explain to people the hypocrisy in the CDC and MSM versions of how it's transferred. They refuse to hear past the "not airborne" and realize that only means that it can't float through the air on its own -- it needs a mode of transportation (bodily fluid).

Information like this doesn't help.
From your link (bold emphasis mine)

1. You can’t get Ebola from a cough or a sneeze
Ebola is not spread through the air we breathe, the water we drink or insect bites. Ebola is spread when the blood or body fluids of someone who is sick with Ebola comes in contact with another person’s broken skin or the mucous membranes in his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.

Health care providers caring for Ebola patients and the family and friends in close contact with Ebola patients are at the highest risk of getting sick because they may come in contact with infected blood or body fluids of sick patients.

Cool. Sounds like if someone coughs or sneezes next to me I shouldn't worry. That's what people seem to believe anyway. Let's see what point 2 is shall we?

2. To protect yourself against Ebola, wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based sanitizer
There is no FDA-approved vaccine available for Ebola. Experimental vaccines and treatments for Ebola are under development, but they have not yet been fully tested for safety or effectiveness.

Do not touch the blood or body fluids (like urine, feces, saliva, vomit, sweat and semen) of people who are sick or handle items that may have come in contact with a sick person’s blood or body fluids, like clothes, bedding, needles, or medical equipment.

Wait a minute. I thought it couldn't be transferred through a cough or sneeze? Am I crazy, or don't people sometimes expel saliva when they cough and sneeze?

Seems to me that Point 2 seems to contradict Point 1 if you actually think about it. The virus won't float in the air when you sneeze, but it will use the saliva to get from point A to point B.

Quoting your big long post... because it needs repeating. Over and over!

The CDC and MSM keep putting a spin on this to calm people down. This is dangerous. Without knowledge, how can people protect themselves? It makes people do stupid things, and stupid gets you killed in this situation.

The spin is working too. People I talk to in RL are so NOT worried about ebola. They all repeat the spin: "ohhh I'm not worried it is so hard to catch that" ... "as long as you don't get stuck with a needle or touch their blood or have s*x, you can't get it" ... "it's like AIDS".

They all seriously believe that if they don't get in close intimate contact with an infected person, they won't catch it. The MSDS for ebola and other documentation all make this clear, and yet it is ignored.

www.msdsonline.com...

SURVIVAL OUTSIDE HOST: The virus can survive in liquid or dried material for a number of days (23). Infectivity is found to be stable at room temperature or at 4°C for several days, and indefinitely stable at -70°C (6, 20).

Certainly when people cough and sneeze it spreads their fluids to people in their immediate vicinity. And it lives on surfaces for hours or days. Sweat is a bodily fluid that is easily spread and left on surfaces, especially with a fever. And vomit seems to be something the infect are spreading around too.

ETA: Oh, and there also is this in the link above.

NFECTIOUS DOSE: 1 – 10 aerosolized organisms are sufficient to cause infection in humans (21). (21).

edit on 10/9/14 by BlueAjah because: added quote

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
They have closed the CareNow clinic for a deep cleaning. The ambulance that transported the Dallas deputy is out of service. But I am confused about who is on a 2 day leave. Are they the 2 other officers who are showing signs of illness or are they the paramedics and ambulance driver?

This is so confusing.

And where is Judge Jenkins? I haven't seen him on tv lately.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Airline cabin cleaners strike

Nearly 200 airline cabin cleaners walked off the job overnight, striking over health and safety issues that include fears over possible exposure to Ebola.

The protest involves Air Serv cabin cleaners in Terminal D at New York’s LaGuardia airport, a contractor that serves Delta, as well as supporting workers from LaGuardia and JFK International airports. Striking workers carried signs and chanted during today’s rally, protesting against conditions that often find them encountering hypodermic needles, vomit and blood.

Source

On an unrelated note, I have to wonder to what degree HIPAA laws are being used to not reveal information to the public, especially about suspected cases. Does anyone have insight into how Ebola and HIPAA relate and what officials are required to release in the interest of public health vs. what can be kept confidential? Thanks

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
They have closed the CareNow clinic for a deep cleaning.

Really? After they instantly reopened it for business for a while?
Who the heck is running the show down there?
They are seriously backwards ...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: texasgirl
They have closed the CareNow clinic for a deep cleaning.

Really? After they instantly reopened it for business for a while?
Who the heck is running the show down there?
They are seriously backwards ...

My guess is there was an uproar after reopening. Too little, too late.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

SURVIVAL OUTSIDE HOST: The virus can survive in liquid or dried material for a number of days (23). Infectivity is found to be stable at room temperature or at 4°C for several days, and indefinitely stable at -70°C (6, 20).

Certainly when people cough and sneeze it spreads their fluids to people in their immediate vicinity. And it lives on surfaces for hours or days. Sweat is a bodily fluid that is easily spread and left on surfaces, especially with a fever. And vomit seems to be something the infect are spreading around too.

I do understand your concerns, but let's be realistic here: 4°C is less than 40°F and it's not that cold yet anywhere in the U.S. Definitely not in an airport or on a plane. Furthermore, -70°C is -very- cold. Coughing and sneezing are not symptoms of ebola because the virus concentrates in the liver, not the respiratory system.

Vomit does seem to be a carrier and it's still up in the air as to how infectious sweat is. Ebola doesn't seem to live on surfaces for very long at room temperature, though it can live inside fluids like vomit for a good while.
edit on 9-10-2014 by RockerDom because: typo

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The clinic (money) won until someone pointed out what happens if someone gets sick there. (money loss via law suit).

I don't for a minute think Dallas is about anything but money.
edit on 10/9/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

INFECTIOUS DOSE: 1 – 10 aerosolized organisms are sufficient to cause infection in humans (21).

That's the other thing I've been stressing to people.

They talk about how easy it is to catch the flu, yet (depending on the strand of) flu it takes anywhere from 100 - 4000 particles to become infected.

1 single, teeny, tiny particle of Ebola is all that's needed to spread this from one person to another.

I will be truly shocked if Duncan's family avoids this virus and not at all shocked if the cops, ambulance personnel, and ER nurses start testing positive in the upcoming weeks.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This is absolutely nuts...

Putting people under strict quarantine in their homes, only to turn around and have other people from the outside step into said quarantine for 30 minutes or 30 seconds, pretty much defeats the entire fricken purpose of setting up a quarantine, doesn't it ?!

WTF are these people thinking ?!

And who's the bozos in charge of this circus ?!

We've got the perfect storm brewing here...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: RockerDom

Oh.. I did not mean that coughing and sneezing are symptoms. I have actually pointed that fact out to others on here a couple5 of times. But people still cough and sneeze sometimes. Allergies, tickles, irritatants, lots of reasons.

But I think surfaces are more dangerous than they are saying. Or else why would they need hazmat suits to clean up after the infected?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

This is one of my big concerns as well. You and I seem to worried about the same things. We know coughs and sneezes are not symptoms, but they do spread the Virus in mucosa about a room. And the virus is Viable for hours if not days in normal room conditions. Hence, DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!

At least, IMO

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Zona

And this is one of the things that's making me the angriest. This constant litany from the CDC that the Ebola virus is not airborne. Anyone with a lick of sense would know that if bodily fluids transmit the virus then sneezing, coughing, even the spittle sprayed when you speak, would CARRY THE VIRUS THROUGH THE AIR.

And people who are in the habit of not thinking for themselves and buying everything an "official" says, or people who just don't care, will be lulled into a false feeling of security and fail to take adequate precautions - not only for themselves - but for their families, co-workers, friends and associates.

I said in an earlier post that the United States has just as many ignorant, stupid, and careless people as any "Hot Zone" country in Africa. We may think we have a better infrastructure, more advanced health care facilities, better communications...but all of that doesn't matter a damn if the people in charge are stupid and careless, or worse, are lying to the public.

I'm not advocating that folks run screaming into the hills...but we'd all better wake up and take every word spoken by a government official with a grain of salt. I'm just glad that ATS'ers aren't gullible sheeple, that they do their research and share their knowledge. Forewarned is forearmed!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Putting people under strict quarantine in their homes, only to turn around and have other people from the outside step into said quarantine for 30 minutes or 30 seconds, pretty much defeats the entire fricken purpose of setting up a quarantine, doesn't it ?!

Government bureaucracy working ever so efficiently.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys

Yep, at the speed of light.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: alientransfer

I'm purchasing several 55 gallon water drums this week, stocking up on essentials. People around me laugh. I'm in friggin so cal!! This Ebola thing is similar to the drought. People won't care until they shut the water off. Out of sound out of mind.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: alientransfer

I'm purchasing several 55 gallon water drums this week, stocking up on essentials. People around me laugh. I'm in friggin so cal!! This Ebola thing is similar to the drought. People won't care until they shut the water off. Out of sound out of mind.

Buy bleach before the price skyrockets.
Even though us stocking up on it is what will make the price shoot up.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
For me, the more time that passes on results of this man in Dallas, the more suspicious I will become of the results. I believe that everything we are seeing with regard to this disease is orchestrated but I cannot tell at this point if the goal is to create unnecessary panic forcing us to rely more heavily on vaccines & potentially government assistance (i.e. driving people into quarantine zones), or if “they” are equally going to use this situation to cull the heard. I’ve even considered this situation will be uses to demonstrate that the fine medical establishment of the US can keep dangerous diseases under control, despite the clear blunders, and put all our fears to rest so that when something does actually happen we point to how they handled this and go back to watching Dancing with the Stars without a worry in the world while the disease runs rampant. Jury is out for me on this, so I wait & watch what happens next with a wary eye. I will say if this deputy has indeed contracted EVD, then I don’t know that we can conclude anything other than it being extremely more contagious than is being reported. At this point, the next step in this whole drama lies in the result of this one case.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
People should also be worrying about the under the counter trade in Bush Meat, Ebola will survive in this for a short time. Many Africans living away from there strive to get this meat as a delicacy and its a well known much trafficked item.

Personally I think we are being told just a snippet of the truth and all this is a HELL OF A LOT more serious than being told.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
From USA Today: West African officials have (only just now) advised West African male survivors of Ebola to wear condoms during sex for at least 90 days after recovery, as the virus may be transferred in survivor semen as well. Gee Golly Whiz, Wally, we just keep learning more and more (more and more too late). What gives?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

I couldn't agree more. People would rather listen to MSM and some Gov. official that things are ok than to go do a little research and find out the details for yourself. THOSE are the people who put the rest of us at risk.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join