It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ebola Patient in Dallas?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum_Squirrel

originally posted by: LDragonFire
We have other problems as well, and just what is wrong with this picture?

lol the guys in full suits and twice as many guys without protection...

What did i win?

Q

In the absence of Beez, a double-breasted Chicken Licken?
It was a great Jerry Lewis thing, but I'm sorry about this one.
We win if all we had to do is not breathe the air around there.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: drwill

Why does Friedan of the CDC still have a job!?

I'm serious...I predict that when the History books are written, if anyone is left, he will go down in the books like Mike Brown of Katrina infamy. "Heck of a job, Freaky!"

Delete

edit on 9-10-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zona

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: kosmicjack

The good old days are gone forever.

Or, will come again for the lucky few still around 3 years from now. How long does a Pandemic take to run its course?

Sanitation, Western Africa vs. ours-- pretty good, Plus One.
Facilities: we've got, per AMA 16 Level IV treatment
centers in the whole country right now, and limited space.
Like maybe 20 beds of real isolation each. That means Round
One and it's on the street for us.

Most importantly, mobility. It got here on an airliner,
twice. If the R=2 or worse, Round One should be over by
Halloween at the latest.
Top of the incubation curve looks like four to five days, so
the potential R might be a lot better (worse) than 2
because of potential exposure due to just skin of an
effected person being enough-- in spite of CDC cautionaries
I'll side with damn near airborne and a mutated protein jacket
by now. Hell it may be able to hijack a Cessna 172 and set the
mix right after only a couple mutations. CAUTION: hyperbole

Best of all in the mobility area: for basic transportation, we've
got cars instead of bicycles, and at least twenty times the
subsequent range.

You've simply got to love this: but I'm going to stick with Occam's
double edged safety razor. This is a sterling example of what can
happen when total idiots are following orders from the completely
EVIL. You can have one without the other, but baby what a team.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: stardust22
Dunno if this has already been shared, but I figured better safe than sorry:

Breaking: Law Enforcement Reports LIVE on CNN that *3* cops are ill possible Ebola
www.youtube.com...

Thanks for sharing. I was looking for that video but couldnt find it.

Embedded below. Around 1:30-1:45 is when the officer talks about the other deputys feeling ill.

edit on 9-10-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
A reply to: ~Lucidity

Well, of course, it takes a bit of time to drive to Wal Mart to buy those pregnancy test ki.....er, I mean, those EBOLA test kits. Did someone here already happen to mention that we seem dreadfully unprepared?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Friedan is clearly is in over his head. Way, way over his head. Think 'Tsunami' . What a bunch of bumbling idiots over at the CDC.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Oh, WHEW!!! (I was worried there for a moment).

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

It's a mad mad mad mad world. (Indeed).

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Don't they skip '13', like with elevators, hotels, and such? "Stop the ride, I want to get off!"

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2gd2btru

i.imgur.com...

This shows the pressure washer at the apartment on 10-2. I can't find an earlier date for this photo.

www.wfaa.com...

The deputy had been ordered to go inside the unit with officials to get a quarantine order signed on October 1. No one who entered the apartment that day wore protective gear.

This article says the Deputy went to the apartment on 10-1. He may have stepped in it.

Have they monitored the pressure cleaner crew? Are there any updates on them or the lady watching?

STM

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bludragin

Don't they skip '13', like with elevators, hotels, and such? "Stop the ride, I want to get off!"

Trying to get some posts or what...........I have never seen 6 in a row before is this a ATS record? Welcome to ATS sometimes less is more.......sometimes.
edit on 9-10-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

edit on 9-10-2014 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: bludragin

There were messages in my inbox. Each said "Private Message". So, I replied. Privately, I thought. So why are they showing up here in the thread for all to see? Mon Dieu!!! May all ATS members, past, present, and future, forgive me. Mea Culpa!!! Please do feel free to enlighten me. Because, this is so much more important than any contributions regarding Ebola that I could ever possibly make.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

That's really bad - the video of the CNN interview said that three officers in total are feeling ill now (at least one was taken to the hospital). Two were in the apartment that Duncan was in (after he was gone), apparently serving the quarantine notice. But the third was not in the apartment but just drove the same police car as they had used, and not until the next day but before it was cleaned.

If it's Ebola, that's getting to be pretty indirect contact. Not good news.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

No , not good at all.

One of the Sheriff’s Deputies who was forced to enter the apartment where Ebola victim Thomas Eric Duncan stayed before he was taken to hospital has fallen ill.

A statement issued by the City of Frisco, a suburb of Dallas, suggests that a second potential Ebola victim has been taken to the Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, the same facility where Duncan stayed before his death this morning.

The CDC claims “the patient did not have direct contact with Duncan and he was not one of the 48 people being monitored by federal, state and local health officials.”

However, according to a Dallas Morning News report, the individual was one of the Sheriff’s Deputies who was forced to enter Ebola victim Duncan’s apartment last week. Duncan’s family told the media that they received no advice from the CDC on how to go about cleaning the apartment and it was a number of days before a professional Hazmat team arrived to clean the building.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Spent the day updating the data for the Ebola charts thread and then walking in some Ebola-free woods with my wife, trying to not think about Ebola. I seem to have missed a lot. I'm still catching up on today's latest news - but this isn't confirmed with a lab test yet, is it? The way they handled things in Texas, I would be shocked if there weren't more cases as a result, but I hope somehow we get lucky.

I did get the Ebola charts updated with the latest data from WHO:

Updated Ebola charts

These are only the reported numbers, of course, but they still paint a pretty clear picture. A lot of people thought America would be much better prepared to prevent an Ebola outbreak here compared to Africa. I hope that turns out to be true, but so far I'm not seeing much reason to expect that yet.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

And tell me, the people that were unbelievers and want to give vampirism a try on your babies, burning at the stake was an option. But tell me, if on the other side you have similar levels of dumbass nutjobs that are making ideas and thoughts viral, what happens to them. Nothing, right? Pretty sweet deal. Both extremes are not helpful.

Who gets sick from the flu or the cold or another virus and -tries- to pass it on? Seriously. That crazy segment isn't there, then where is it coming from, hmmm.

Talked about as well in this thread from yesterday.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10/9/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast
Spent the day updating the data for the Ebola charts thread and then walking in some Ebola-free woods with my wife, trying to not think about Ebola. I seem to have missed a lot. I'm still catching up on today's latest news - but this isn't confirmed with a lab test yet, is it? The way they handled things in Texas, I would be shocked if there weren't more cases as a result, but I hope somehow we get lucky.

I did get the Ebola charts updated with the latest data from WHO:

Updated Ebola charts

These are only the reported numbers, of course, but they still paint a pretty clear picture. A lot of people thought America would be much better prepared to prevent an Ebola outbreak here compared to Africa. I hope that turns out to be true, but so far I'm not seeing much reason to expect that yet.

They have decided to do the Ebola test and it will take 48 hours for the results.

Yes, I too had to get off this site and take a breather. Having the Frisco case way too close to me has really sent the hairs on my neck standing up.

I feel better this morning. Now is the waiting game...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast
a reply to: buni11687

That's really bad - the video of the CNN interview said that three officers in total are feeling ill now (at least one was taken to the hospital). Two were in the apartment that Duncan was in (after he was gone), apparently serving the quarantine notice. But the third was not in the apartment but just drove the same police car as they had used, and not until the next day but before it was cleaned.

If it's Ebola, that's getting to be pretty indirect contact. Not good news.

I glimpsed the caption of the 3 officers feeling ill but missed the story. Now I don't hear anything about it. Not even on the local news. NOTHING. Was it scrubbed?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join