It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ebola Patient in Dallas?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bludragin
It sounds like an inhumane order for a 4th--no, 13th-- World Nation.

edit on 8-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

And less than 12 (or so) in Georgia.

Guess they are all using different test kits. Or just following different guidelines or something. You'd think they'd have their stuff together on this.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If he got it at the apartment but the residents did not then that is very puzzling indeed. We would have to figure out what the trigger is.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

edit on 8-10-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity
The timeline in Texas is going to be all over the place, despite the CDC's smugness about the contact list.
A list that keeps growing.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Why does Friedan of the CDC still have a job!?

I'm serious...I predict that when the History books are written, if anyone is left, he will go down in the books like Mike Brown of Katrina infamy. "Heck of a job, Freaky!"

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
I agree!
He has been looking freakier. Last week he was Dr. Hollywood, but now? Dark circles under his eyes. A tired, weary expression. Julia Pierson resigned after the SS let a man walk inside the White House. Freaky let Ebola through the People's Gate.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: jefwane

....Here's what concerns me. Apparently, he did not have direct contact with the late Mr. Duncan, and was exposed while serving the quarantine court order in the apartment. That is scary and tells me that the shelf life is longer and transmisibillity is easier than we are being told by the CDC. I thought for sure Z+1 would be one of the people that lived I the apartment or one of the paramedics that transported him....

For one, the CDC is outright lying to us, and their past documentation on their website says as much. However, they altered their website on September 14th to remove all references to 'aerosolized' and 'airborne'. I am also sure the U.S. is abiding by their agreement to discuss information woth other countries before releasing any statements. Every thing they are doing is to keep the economy going, NOT to reduce the possibility of a pendemic.

The new screening protocols at airports will be largely ineffective. Thomas Duncan was not running a fever, and lied on his exit questionaire, so he would still pass thru the new enhanced screenings NO PROBLEM. So can hundreds others.

For now, there is a miniscule amount of infected people when compared to common widespread viruses like the flu. But this is a new Ebola, no Ebola veriant has EVER went this widespread before, and it is increasing exponentially with no signs of abatement.

If this deputy is infected, ANOTHER lie of the CDC will fall by the wayside, because he EITHER got it from asyptomatic people, or picked it up from static contamination of a surface, or got it as an aerosol virus from one of the people in the apartment (or remaining particles left behind by ole' Tom disturbed and floating in the air). Any ONE of the three knock down the biggest claims of the CDC, that it takes contact with bodily fluids from a syptomatic infected patient. THAT IS BIG and I hope the people NOTICE IT.

Otherwise, we will see an event in the history of Ebola that has never been seen before - widespread distribution by the thousands in a cooler climate, where it will LIVE LONGER and AEROSOLIZE more efficiently, and remain on frozen surffaces almost INDEFINITELY, and will be distributed widely by a population also carrying winter colds and flu.

I really bet that stupid Dallas judge is watching this with stuff running down the inside of his pants. Hope he is not around his family!

I have to note all those that think there is no reason to even be concerned - they will be the ones that don't bother to take care, and they are the same ones that never tell you they have a flu until they have shaken your hand and coughed all over you, because they don't care - so what they are sick, they don't care if you get sick, they lived, so there.

So once again I propose - those that have no concern about this new threat needs to get big red buttons that say "I ain't skeered of no Ebola' so we know to avoid them; and if they just so happen to get infected, after they spread it to a dozen people, and somehow we find the 30% of the 'red buttoneers' that survive - they will be the first we select to place in prison farm hospitals, connect to blood pumps and use as machines to produce and for harvest of antibodies; pump out what is needed each month to extract antibodies, re-expose them and feed them to grow more blood and antibodies, and then repeat monthly until the pandemic is over.

Please order your red buttons now, do not wait. We need to know who you are.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
At best, I think we are staring into the eyes of the Peter Principle. I don't even want to think of the worst.

The Peter Principle is a concept in management theory in which the selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate's performance in his or her current role rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role.

Thus, employees only stop being promoted once they can no longer perform effectively, and "managers rise to the level of their incompetence."

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

We really dont know Jack about transmission nor where it currently is or headed.

Cough and sneeze are early signs along with headache, body ache and fatigue.

You know what symptoms he has? Or just the media stating that he had 'some' of the symptoms including a stomach ache.

You said:

If it's ebola, I hope Judge Jenkins and everyone in charge starts to wake up and realize that arrogance and ignorance are going to mean doom.

The purple shirt was nothing more than a mouthpiece. His 15 minutes are over unless he develops symptoms at which point he will be whisked away in private for his care, the same consideration he gave the Duncan to be family. Perhaps even the same dandy location he bragged about in the newscast.

And an especially big FYI...

If you can figure out who is in charge, please let the proper authorities know as they are completely clueless as to the chain of command. All Indians and no chiefs if you know what I mean.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07
I try to think of places when I'm out and about the things people touch all the time, one place is the grocery store how many touch the carts the doors the food items...uggh I need to start wearing gloves and a mask from now on

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TWILITE22
a reply to: tinner07
I try to think of places when I'm out and about the things people touch all the time, one place is the grocery store how many touch the carts the doors the food items...uggh I need to start wearing gloves and a mask from now on

Don't forget about the credit or debit card pin pad.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

It's the clinic at Main and 423 (used to be called 'Four Corners').

My wife, who is a nurse, thinks he may have stepped in something (Ebola puke, etc.) and got it on his hands upon later taking off his shoes.

People are freaking panicking.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

If he got it at the apartment but the residents did not then that is very puzzling indeed. We would have to figure out what the trigger is.

We still don't know about them. Frankly, I'm surprised none of them are showing any symptoms yet. They are only about halfway through their incubation period though.
edit on 8-10-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
Hm, the same complex that was power washed? Where the apartment was again sprayed (doors open/audience watching and breathing)?

I'm sure the fluids, beset with disease, ran down into the alleys, gutters and bum-infested streets of Dallas creating something really interesting for us to discover in a few weeks.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
IMHO - anyone exposed to Duncan should be in quarantine. And, if this case is accurate, anyone exposed to this new patient should be in quarantined.

FFS! If you are in Dallas and - with good reason - think you have Ebola for Goodness Sakes ...Call the CDC and let someone in a hazmat suit and special ambulance come and take you to a Level 4 hazmat facility! Don't leave your house and expose more people!

There's the hook in the song, Kosmic: I was told on a
stream last week by a homeo doctor in-the-know
there are exactly 16 medical centers in the
whole country that can deal with a Level IV infection.
Limited beds, and after Round One people are going
to get ordered to stay home, and squirt in place.
Where's that hemlock martini recipe? I just had it....

EDIT: If this is the October Surprise I wouldn't be.
edit on 8-10-2014 by derfreebie because: Gonna change the sig soon to "Same shirt, different dummy.. oh wait."

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zona

I've been trying for weeks to explain to people the hypocrisy in the CDC and MSM versions of how it's transferred. They refuse to hear past the "not airborne" and realize that only means that it can't float through the air on its own -- it needs a mode of transportation (bodily fluid).

Information like this doesn't help.
From your link (bold emphasis mine)

1. You can’t get Ebola from a cough or a sneeze
Ebola is not spread through the air we breathe, the water we drink or insect bites. Ebola is spread when the blood or body fluids of someone who is sick with Ebola comes in contact with another person’s broken skin or the mucous membranes in his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.

Health care providers caring for Ebola patients and the family and friends in close contact with Ebola patients are at the highest risk of getting sick because they may come in contact with infected blood or body fluids of sick patients.

Cool. Sounds like if someone coughs or sneezes next to me I shouldn't worry. That's what people seem to believe anyway. Let's see what point 2 is shall we?

2. To protect yourself against Ebola, wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based sanitizer
There is no FDA-approved vaccine available for Ebola. Experimental vaccines and treatments for Ebola are under development, but they have not yet been fully tested for safety or effectiveness.

Do not touch the blood or body fluids (like urine, feces, saliva, vomit, sweat and semen) of people who are sick or handle items that may have come in contact with a sick person’s blood or body fluids, like clothes, bedding, needles, or medical equipment.

Wait a minute. I thought it couldn't be transferred through a cough or sneeze? Am I crazy, or don't people sometimes expel saliva when they cough and sneeze?

Seems to me that Point 2 seems to contradict Point 1 if you actually think about it. The virus won't float in the air when you sneeze, but it will use the saliva to get from point A to point B.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Dunno if this has already been shared, but I figured better safe than sorry:

Breaking: Law Enforcement Reports LIVE on CNN that *3* cops are ill possible Ebola
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

i.imgur.com...

This shows the pressure washer at the apartment on 10-2. I can't find an earlier date for this photo.

www.wfaa.com...

The deputy had been ordered to go inside the unit with officials to get a quarantine order signed on October 1. No one who entered the apartment that day wore protective gear.

This article says the Deputy went to the apartment on 10-1. He may have stepped in it.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701

That was my point exactly. I have seen a lot of large wet sneezes that cover a large area. So if that sneeze has the virus, I touch the tabletop, or keyboard, mouse, phone, pen, whatever, that just got coated by said sneeze only to then itch my nose, or eat an M&M ten minutes later, i am now exposed. Just like the cold or flu. Sounds like airborne to me.

Makes me wonder about other viruses transmission modes. Does Bodily fluid and viability in spittle make us vulnerable to diseases that we had not considered? if so, how many?

Ugh...

A reasonable amount of concern seams prudent to me. I am concerned by the possibility of a widespread pandemic brought on by incompetence of the very people whose job it is to protect us from the same....

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join