It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ebola Patient in Dallas?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

Nobody, at this point, can know if there is "no chance" a person can get Ebola, when exposed. I do hope this deputy is okay, but the CDC obviously fumbled the ball, yet again.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Which screams cover-up to me. Either to spread the disease, or to reduce panic.

Thank god for ATS!

keep bringing the news and info people!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
There reporting a possible infected man in NYC that recently traveled from Nigeria. Its very easy to see how this can develop into wide spread panic quickly.

Scary times indeed

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
[url=http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/10/08/Officials-Dallas-sheriffs-deputy-unlikely-to-have-Ebola/8551412803001/?]The son of Texas Sheriff's Deputy Michael Monnig said there is "almost no chance" his father is infected with the Ebola virus.

Michael Monnig's son said Wednesday his father decided to visit a clinic because he had stomach pains and felt tired. Monnig had been monitoring his temperature since a visit to Duncan's apartment last week, but Logan Monnig said his father spent very little time there and did not come into direct contact with Duncan.

"We don't want to cause a panic," Logan Monnig told the Dallas Morning News. "There is almost no chance my dad would have Ebola."
Mark Piland, the fire chief in Frisco, where Monnig lives, concurred. He described Monnig's illness as a "low-risk event."
Piland said Monnig had enough symptoms to trigger hospitalization but was "minus" many of the signs of Ebola. The chief said authorities are reacting cautiously, decontaminating the ambulance that transported Monnig from a Frisco clinic to a Dallas hospital and keeping him in isolation.

So soon after but just coinky that he comes down with early symptoms of Ebola, I hope for everyones sake that this is just that coinky dinky.

To give a little more detail there was another interview live on local NBC news that the son said his dad woke up 'achy and not feeling well'. He also spent 30 MINUTES in the Ebola patient's apartment. I think 30 minutes is enough time to get Ebola. It only takes a minute!
edit on 8-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
There reporting a possible infected man in NYC that recently traveled from Nigeria. Its very easy to see how this can develop into wide spread panic quickly.

Scary times indeed

Remember how anyone who looked remotely Middle Eastern after 9-11 was treated like ish, and attacked? All the Indian victims mistaken for Middle Easterners just looked Middle Eastern & were attacked. I foresee the distinct possibility of African Americans, African immigrants, missionaries to Africa, vacationers coming back from Africa, etc being subject to horrendous treatment by a fearful, stupid public. On one hand, trying to keep a lid on the American Panic Mode can come off as suspicious, but on another, and this I agree with, it's wise. Innocent people well could be brutalized just for being black/African or having been over there in the thick of a mass panic.
edit on 10/8/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
When Sofi began posting about Ebola, I thought, It won't come here. Nah. This summer, as the numbers escalated, I began to think, Eeek. Oh, well, probably won't get here till summer of 2015. After Patient Zero, I have wanted to think that good medical detective work will make the country safe. But now? I think we are a hair away from chaos. They' killed a dog!

Really, would anything surprise you?

edit on 8-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
A sheriff's deputy? Really?

Now where would that have happened?

ETA: Oh I see. He was in the apartment. I assume unprotected after they knew. Sorry.
edit on 10/8/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This Ebola strain is a never before seen strain, with a 3 percent variant from last known strain. We do not yet understand what this might mean. We do not know if this strain occurred naturally, or originated from Biodefense lab in Sierra Leone, or elsewhere. If the latter, all bets are off.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I hope this guy is big ole Texan hypochondriac broke dick. Otherwise i really need to revisit my personal preparedness\concern level.
Here's what concerns me. Apparently, he did not have direct contact with the late Mr. Duncan, and was exposed while serving the quarantine court order in the apartment. That is scary and tells me that the shelf life is longer and transmisibillity is easier than we are being told by the CDC. I thought for sure Z+1 would be one of the people that lived I the apartment or one of the paramedics that transported him.
I really hope this guy has the flu.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Yep. Definitely loaded up on bleach last week. And lysol. And bottled water.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Just reported they would have the results of Frisco man in 48 hours.

They were able to provide negative results in less than 5 hours for the vomiting passenger in Newark, NJ over the weekend?

Why is this one taking 48 hours?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

Don't forget the over alcohol (over 60%).

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

The article fails to mention that the apartment had no washer or dryer, and was filled with soiled sheets, etc, from patient zero. Also, five people were in this apartment in isolation WITH the soiled materials, by the order of the CDC. How insane is that?
edit on 8-10-2014 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: stellawayten

The thing is, reports stated that the kids already had coughs and sneezing at that time. Or around that time anyway.

Think about it, even if it has not mutated to be airborne yet, he still had it on his shoes.

Coughing and sneezing are not symptoms of ebola.

However, it sounds like this deputy has some symptoms of ebola, but they could also be something else. I hope it is the flu or something.

If it's ebola, I hope Judge Jenkins and everyone in charge starts to wake up and realize that arrogance and ignorance are going to mean doom.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
a reply to: Jansy

Don't forget the over alcohol (over 60%).

There is not much moonshine will not cure. I bet most that have died have not had access to shine.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: whatnext21
[url=http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/10/08/Officials-Dallas-sheriffs-deputy-unlikely-to-have-Ebola/8551412803001/?]The son of Texas Sheriff's Deputy Michael Monnig said there is "almost no chance" his father is infected with the Ebola virus.

Michael Monnig's son said Wednesday his father decided to visit a clinic because he had stomach pains and felt tired. Monnig had been monitoring his temperature since a visit to Duncan's apartment last week, but Logan Monnig said his father spent very little time there and did not come into direct contact with Duncan.

"We don't want to cause a panic," Logan Monnig told the Dallas Morning News. "There is almost no chance my dad would have Ebola."
Mark Piland, the fire chief in Frisco, where Monnig lives, concurred. He described Monnig's illness as a "low-risk event."
Piland said Monnig had enough symptoms to trigger hospitalization but was "minus" many of the signs of Ebola. The chief said authorities are reacting cautiously, decontaminating the ambulance that transported Monnig from a Frisco clinic to a Dallas hospital and keeping him in isolation.

So soon after but just coinky that he comes down with early symptoms of Ebola, I hope for everyones sake that this is just that coinky dinky.

To give a little more detail there was another interview live on local NBC news that the son said his dad woke up 'achy and not feeling well'. He also spent 30 MINUTES in the Ebola patient's apartment. I think 30 minutes is enough time to get Ebola. It only takes a minute!

Not to mention inside the apartment the virus will be protected better and last longer on surfaces unlike outside in the parking lot with the sun and its UV beating down.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten
IF this guy tests positive for ebola then this thing is most likely airborne. If they announce he tests positive, expect pandemonium. Expect looting of stores. Expect marshal law.

If he tests positive it is past time to get out of dodge. I am telling my family members in the area to get out now and take a two day vacation to wait and see if he is positive because if he does test positive it will be too late. They will have already prepared to lock it down and you may not be able to leave if you want to.

If he tests positive, it doesn't mean it's airborne. For all we know, he touched an infectious surface. And if it was airborne, why haven't any other people gotten sick? Just him? That's a pretty crappy infection rate for an airborne disease, especially one that as infectious as Ebola.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
CNN reports twi more deputies ill..

Seriously?

*Where is Duncan's family?* Where is the DHS Judge?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
I would think that Anderson Cooper would have tried to reach Louise. We'll know soon enough if he did.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Just think. You worry you might have Ebola. You do the right thing. And then the gooberment quarantines you with people who really DO have Ebola.

After that ... they figure you probably infected your family. So they round them up too, and into quarantine they go as well. What do you think'll happen??

The USA is as unprepared to deal with Ebola as Liberia was. The government has no 'real' plan ... and that's why they're terrified of the public panic potential.

Quite silly if you give it half a thought. Not you ... the fact our elected officials could have effectively chosen to quarantine travelers from (or who have recently been to) ravaged countries. Why do you think they didn't choose caution?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join