It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classless St. Louis Cardinals fans racist Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So there were/are still protests with Ferguson. Many St Louis Cardinals fans showed how much they hate black people with their recorded actions on this video. Stay classy St. Louis! Worst fans in Baseball for sure.

www.kansascity.com...

deadspin.com...

Sure, it's not all fans but it's telling and shows why there is a racial problem in St. Louis.

We're all equal and non of us like police brutality, so how come we can never get together on this issue? We're all equal. None of us are superior to any of the rest of us.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Authoritarians are a cancer.
Wannabe authoritarians are genital warts.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
See problems with both sides, the chant the protesters were doing was calling for the death of Wilson, can't be doing that...

I am very curious about what that one lady meant when she said "we gave yall the freedoms your have"

And I am confused why people are telling them to get jobs... Are not all these people not working at a baseball game??

edit on thWed, 08 Oct 2014 14:27:47 -0500America/Chicago1020144780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
See problems with both sides, the chant the protesters were doing was calling for the death of Wilson, can't be doing that...

I am very curious about what that one lady meant when she said "we gave yall the freedoms your have"

Agreed. I mean, I want to see Officer Wilson prosecuted, but that means a fair trail and maybe he goes free. He probably goes free, but at least there is some kind of Justice there. Having said that, you can't just chant for his death. The problem is that, you can support officer Wilson, all you want. Nothing wrong with that, but you can't take it down to the level of that kind of racism.

We gave y'all freedom? That's horrible. the Nazi Salute? I'm offended by that. There's worse on that video.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm from St Louis and I'm ashamed of the rude things both sides were chanting!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wow nothing about this on local news, guess this isn't a suitable topic for our corporate news??

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

really? c'mon, you mean to tell me that you have been so isolated, that you didn't know people like this existed in St. Louis???....you need to take a trip down to the deep south to get that full racist experience, and not the big cities, the smaller towns...you're getting racist-lite up in Missouri.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: LDragonFire

really? c'mon, you mean to tell me that you have been so isolated, that you didn't know people like this existed in St. Louis???....you need to take a trip down to the deep south to get that full racist experience, and not the big cities, the smaller towns...you're getting racist-lite up in Missouri.

50 miles south of Memphis far enough South for you????

I don't support death chants towards Wilson, I also don't support nazi salutes or the other racist remarks from the crowd. I also don't support media blackouts that show how ugly we can be!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Why protesters can't call for the death penalty for a murderer?

Derek

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well the Mike Brown supporters picked that time and place to be confrontational. They knew they would draw a crowd and is exactly what they got.
I couldn't watch all the video but really heard the crowd chanting lets go Cardinals and chants of USA. Surely some people made some racist comments I missed and perhaps I missed the crowd chanting death to blacks but I really didn't see to much "racism" in it. Maybe I skipped over it.

My opinion was a horrible choice of time and place to do their protest.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Viesczy

Why protesters can't call for the death penalty for a murderer?

Derek

I missed the trial. When did that occur? Oh, you mean the trial in your head where you arbitrarily decided that you know for sure what happened that night when none of the rest of us do.

That makes you part of the problem as much as anyone in the video.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
Well the Mike Brown supporters picked that time and place to be confrontational. They knew they would draw a crowd and is exactly what they got.
I couldn't watch all the video but really heard the crowd chanting lets go Cardinals and chants of USA. Surely some people made some racist comments I missed and perhaps I missed the crowd chanting death to blacks but I really didn't see to much "racism" in it. Maybe I skipped over it.

My opinion was a horrible choice of time and place to do their protest.

It was there. Quite a bit of it. "We freed Ya'll" The Nazi Salute and other stuff. Quite a few people. It was really sickening. Large crowds are great places for protests. They picked the right place and really showed that there is a big racism problem in the St. Louis area.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

OK but are those protesters community activists that preach daily about the victims of black on black crime or did they just show up because a white man killed a black man?

That is a serious question. Are they of the "snitches get stitches" crowd or do the promote talking to the police if somebody sees something?

Because if they are not community activist, then in my eyes they are the racist.

Did the whole crowd give the nazi salute and say "we freed yall" or just a few? If just a few you can't label the whole crowd racist now can you?

I will tell you how racism begins. If you are not racist, I would ask you to walk through the streets of east st louis with your children, unarmed. Then walk (maybe first) walk through any predominately white small town America, after dark. with nothing but the moonlight.

I acknowledge there was racism in the past that was horrific.nI think most white folk of this day and age agree it was, but today it is the actions of the blacks that promote it.

I know it is a complex problem with no easy fix, but most white folk see black youth as loving the gangta rep and trying to be bad.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
In Ferguson, the only people I saw being racist were the protesters. They acted on hearsay and began a lawless tirade over an incident that none of them had any evidence Mike Brown was innocent of. There are plenty of cases of police abusing power in the US, and I am all for calling them out. But, the incident in Ferguson, I doubt is one of them.

The protesters in Ferguson are all idiots.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

OK but are those protesters community activists that preach daily about the victims of black on black crime or did they just show up because a white man killed a black man?

That is a serious question. Are they of the "snitches get stitches" crowd or do the promote talking to the police if somebody sees something?

Because if they are not community activist, then in my eyes they are the racist.

Did the whole crowd give the nazi salute and say "we freed yall" or just a few? If just a few you can't label the whole crowd racist now can you?

I will tell you how racism begins. If you are not racist, I would ask you to walk through the streets of east st louis with your children, unarmed. Then walk (maybe first) walk through any predominately white small town America, after dark. with nothing but the moonlight.

I acknowledge there was racism in the past that was horrific.nI think most white folk of this day and age agree it was, but today it is the actions of the blacks that promote it.

I know it is a complex problem with no easy fix, but most white folk see black youth as loving the gangta rep and trying to be bad.

I see your points but I think you're missing the main one.

No matter who they were or what they said. That did not warrant racist actions from the Cardinals fans. Thats it period.
They should be above that. The Nazi salute? We freed ya'll? No excuse for any of that stuff. That's racist, pure and simple.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I'm sorry, how is this any different from gangster rap that talks about killing whitey? Something that was very prevalent in the 90's? Heck, some of these racist idiots even became movie stars.

I doubt any of these people will get any movie roles soon.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I live in St Louis and I think part of the problem is that the protesters do not want some idea called justice; instead they want their way or else. Note in one of the stories, in the different media, one man had a sign saying Darrel Wilson wanted alive or dead. That is not wanting a trial or evidence presented. That is wanting vengeance. Justice for Michael Brown is looking into the situations that caused him to get into the situation that occurred. You cannot dismiss his actions, his friend Dorian's actions and also those of Darren Wilson. Why did the situation occur? Not lets get even. Also, you need to work within the system and try to talk to people, not yell at them. If as I reported in another post that only 128 new people registered to vote in Ferguson, how will things change.

Also, if you continue to yell at people they will get agitated. These protesters have been at it for months. It gives people stress and thus makes them less sympathetic to the protesters' cause. Like I said in another post, at the second set of Ferguson town hall meetings there were only 3 black men who showed up and no youth. If you want things to change you have to be able to talk, not yell, at people in authority. Also, you have to work for change. You cannot just yell at people and expect change.

What you can expect is to get your anger return to you as anger. At the beginning of the video there is one elderly man asking about the jobs issue. But the chant started as "Lets go Cardinals". Since the protester kept going the chant changed to "Lets go Darren". This is just a way of hoping that the protesters would give up and go back home. It of course riled them up further. Then one of the protesters had the american flag hung upside down which will make any of the "patriotic" people mad. Thus you get the USA chant. The Nazi salute is probably because these protesters are not asking for a fair trial or to see the evidence but vengeance. Thus, again the want what they want and are going to keep going until either they get what they want or violence occurs.

Note, I have looked at many of the reports from the media about this incidence and some slant their reports saying the Cardinal crowd was ugly or racist. They do not report the other side and how the protesters are acting.

Also, it is not just Saint Louis but people from other areas that have become very hostile on both sides.

For those who believe that violence is the answer remember that violence breeds more violence. And in the end all you do is tear both sides down not build either side up. And resentment from both sides will fester on.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I'm impressed at the level to which you've conjured so much out of a very straightforward comment. Bewildered, actually.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
What a bogus article. First Cardinals fans don't refer to themselves as the best fans in baseball. Some media mouths do. I am a Cards fan and have never self applied that term. I recognize that many baseball fans are as rabid about their team as I am. What a lame backhand attack.

Second, racism? Yup It exists. It started with these protestors who have no interest in justice or the facts. Who would NOT be there if officer Wilson had darker skin. And their choice of location and type protest. And their protest chants pissed some people off. Did the crowd react inappropriately? Sure some did. But the racial hate and antagonism is on both sides and this was intentionally stirred up. Lot of people in that area are tired of these butt wipes blocking streets and being aggressive. This doesn't help race relations one bit.

I've not been in STL (grew up in Ferguson) since the 70s. And I have no doubts there are problems. And I want EVERY police shooting carefully examined for appropriate use of force.

But unlike some people I don't need a trial. I need the correct investigation. If the investigation supports the officer's story then why would he be tried? To appease some "segment" of society so they don't loot their own neighborhood again?

If his story stinks then I want a trial. And if he is found guilty I want punishment. But based on nothing happening to him so far my impression is the injuries he sustained were legitimate and he will be no billed as a legal response to an aggressive large man who had already assaulted him and looked to be returning to finish the job.

And I am sick to death of "unarmed teenager" Michael Brown. HE was a weapon and his age is irrelevant. He was a full grown man capable of likely killing anyone reading this without any other weapon.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
originally posted by: hamlek

First this poster needs all the facts in order to make a decision about the cop and the shooting..which is good.

What a bogus article. First Cardinals fans don't refer to themselves as the best fans in baseball. Some media mouths do. I am a Cards fan and have never self applied that term. I recognize that many baseball fans are as rabid about their team as I am. What a lame backhand attack.

Second, racism? Yup It exists. It started with these protestors who have no interest in justice or the facts. Who would NOT be there if officer Wilson had darker skin. And their choice of location and type protest. And their protest chants pissed some people off. Did the crowd react inappropriately? Sure some did. But the racial hate and antagonism is on both sides and this was intentionally stirred up. Lot of people in that area are tired of these butt wipes blocking streets and being aggressive. This doesn't help race relations one bit.

I've not been in STL (grew up in Ferguson) since the 70s. And I have no doubts there are problems. And I want EVERY police shooting carefully examined for appropriate use of force.

But unlike some people I don't need a trial. I need the correct investigation. If the investigation supports the officer's story then why would he be tried? To appease some "segment" of society so they don't loot their own neighborhood again?

And then accepts the story about Brown..without so called facts being all there....not soo good.

And I am sick to death of "unarmed teenager" Michael Brown. HE was a weapon and his age is irrelevant. He was a full grown man capable of likely killing anyone reading this without any other weapon.

Basically saying..I will give the white cop the benefit of the doubt...but the is no doubt as to Brown...he was a thug who most likely escalated the situation..

I
edit on 9-10-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join