It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola, inside information

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk
I firmly believe that troops are being sent to Liberia to assist in stabilizing the Government there. Sorry, but I don't see the western nations suddenly developing altruistic motives to intervene in a health situation, but the possibility that those oil reserves might come up for grabs if the current government falls, well, that's a whole different ball game. We need to be praying for the first world troops.
Troops will come into contact with infected individuals

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here's a little tidbit from the WHO website:

who.int

People remain infectious as long as their blood and body fluids, including semen and breast milk, contain the virus. Men who have recovered from the disease can still transmit the virus through their semen for up to 7 weeks after recovery from illness.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Great info.
Thanks.

....They're really playing a semantics game with the airborne stuff - and with the 'how long is it viable on surfaces' question.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Do we know how long the virus actually is viable on a solid surface? Door knob, keyboard, cash, slot machine, whatever?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I believe this to be true, you posted this before this news broke and even if you didn't it still backs up your post!
Texas Man Under Observation After Potential Ebola Exposure

S&F
edit on 8-10-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zona

SURVIVAL OUTSIDE HOST: Filoviruses have been reported capable to survive for weeks in blood and can also survive on contaminated surfaces, particularly at low temperatures (4°C) Footnote52 Footnote61. One study could not recover any Ebolavirus from experimentally contaminated surfaces (plastic, metal or glass) at room temperature Footnote61.  In another study, Ebolavirus dried onto glass, polymeric silicone rubber, or painted aluminum alloy is able to survive in the dark for several hours under ambient conditions (between 20 and 250C and 30–40% relative humidity) (amount of virus reduced to 37% after 15.4 hours), but is less stable than some other viral hemorrhagic fevers (Lassa) Footnote53. When dried in tissue culture media onto glass and stored at 4 °C, Zaire ebolavirus survived for over 50 days Footnote61. This information is based on experimental findings only and not based on observations in nature. This information is intended to be used to support local risk assessments in a laboratory setting.

A study on transmission of ebolavirus from fomites in an isolation ward concludes that the risk of transmission is low when recommended infection control guidelines for viral hemorrhagic fevers are followed Footnote64. Infection control protocols included decontamination of floors with 0.5% bleach daily and decontamination of visibly contaminated surfaces with 0.05% bleach as necessary.

PSDS Canada ebola

Save this link, it updates regularly with the latest info on the virus itself.
edit on 8-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Good lord, 50 days!!!!! I get that is for "ideal" lab conditions, but it must be viable for a while. How long after Mr. Duncan went to the hospital did the sheriff's deputy enter the apt? I know the deputy is under observation, and not a patient yet, I am just trying to figure the timeline...

I also assume, that the deputy didn't do what one posters mom said and lick the floor. But if he is positive, that suggests he caught it from a sneeze, or a doorknob, or a counter top, or a pen, whatever. All of those are enough to scare me half to death....

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
It is this person's opinion that the virus is, and has been, transmissible prior to onset of symptoms.

That is the bigges lie we are being told.

Yeap, it's a virus not a disease. All the info I need is .....Virus! Viruses can cause disease, not the other way around.

I'm keeping my eye on this thread.

Thank You

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Turq1
I think loveguy is referencing the possibility of ebola traffickers. Like drug traffickers, ebola traffickers could be smuggling the virus into the USA in their bodies. They're doomed anyway, so why not infect America?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

PSDS Canada ebola

Save this link, it updates regularly with the latest info on the virus itself.

Sorry - no. Canada's "Pathogen Safety" sheet on Ebola used to be reliable - but it was modified for political reasons in August and all the scary stuff was removed. Notably the "airborne" warnings.

Scientists working in Level 4 Bio-labs refer to these sheets to determine safety protocols - changing them to reflect political agendas is not only totally irresponsible, it's downright dangerous.

Date Modified: 2014-08-22

Canad ian Scientists not shielded from political interference from feds: report

Federal scientists muzzled by media policies

Want to Talk to a Scientist in Canada? Don’t Look to the Federal Government

If you want to talk to a scientist in Canada who works for the government, you might be in for a long wait. That’s the takeaway from a new report that grades the communications policies of 12 Canadian government agencies, which found that many current policies hinder “open and timely communication” between government scientists and reporters, and do little to protect scientists’ free speech rights.

....Many scientists and Canadian political leaders have expressed significant concern about inappropriate pressures on government scientists. The Canadian Information Commissioner is looking into allegations of the “muzzling” of scientists, and surveys have found that scientists don’t feel that they can speak out even if public health is at risk. Scientists have gone so far as to hold protests in front of the Canadian parliament.

New rules restrict government scientists from speaking to media

Harper’s attack on science: No science, no evidence, no truth, no democracy

The Canadian War on Science: A long, unexaggerated, devastating chronological indictment

edit on 8/10/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hello ,

Thank you so much for thsi thread jadedANDcynical ! I subscribed to it ! will be looking for updates !

armakirais

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
These pages are filled with cowards. A simple search would tell you
that this period of time is one of the worlds most sedate. Wars,
disease, crime, volcano, earthquakes, and flood. The world has seen
all of those far more extreme than anything this generation has seen.
The truth is you are not advanced enough to handle the information
fed to you

The panicked mob mentality here is the end result of the mixing two
dangerous ingredients. Youth and ignorance. You are being controlled
by fear. The question really is who is controlling you, and why?

In 2012 the WHO estimated that 627,000 people died from malaria. Want
to save yourselves? Kill a mosquito.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1
Here's a link to the Yahoo cache copy of the original "First US Ebola Patient Dies" article posted by israelnationalnews.com

I had to use Tiny URL because the search link won't post correctly here.

/nmhtu7q

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen
Here's a little tidbit from the WHO website:

who.int

People remain infectious as long as their blood and body fluids, including semen and breast milk, contain the virus. Men who have recovered from the disease can still transmit the virus through their semen for up to 7 weeks after recovery from illness.

So, for those who have recovered from the disease, does that mean urine and feces still carry it? What about menstruating women? What does a recovered individual do re. body waste disposal?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrAverage
a reply to: nugget1
Here's a link to the Yahoo cache copy of the original "First US Ebola Patient Dies" article posted by israelnationalnews.com

I had to use Tiny URL because the search link won't post correctly here.

/nmhtu7q

I have screen shots of both reports:

Someone in a message board on a different website claimed the BBC had a report similar to Arutz Sheva's but I couldn't find it.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zona

Good lord, 50 days!!!!! I get that is for "ideal" lab conditions, but it must be viable for a while. How long after Mr. Duncan went to the hospital did the sheriff's deputy enter the apt? I know the deputy is under observation, and not a patient yet, I am just trying to figure the timeline...

I also assume, that the deputy didn't do what one posters mom said and lick the floor. But if he is positive, that suggests he caught it from a sneeze, or a doorknob, or a counter top, or a pen, whatever. All of those are enough to scare me half to death....

Here's another thought: Why on earth has the gov't not told us step by step each place Duncan was from the moment he set foot in Dallas to the moment they finally admitted him to the hospital?

If they really wanted to contain this, the gov't would tell us all each place Mr. Duncan has been in this country, and when....and for how long. Then, they would encourage anyone who happened to be in the same places at the same time to contact them.

Nope....nothing like that was done.

Where did Duncan go after he was sent home with the antibiotic prescription? Did he go to Wally World to have it filled? Did he get groceries before or after that? Did he hug some kids on the bus or at the store or somewhere else?

The number of possible contamination points are endless. The gov't is not being forthcoming with pertinent information. Almost like they want this thing to spread.
edit on 8-10-2014 by dianajune because: typo

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissingRonnieR
These pages are filled with cowards. A simple search would tell you

that this period of time is one of the worlds most sedate. Wars,

disease, crime, volcano, earthquakes, and flood. The world has seen

all of those far more extreme than anything this generation has seen.

The truth is you are not advanced enough to handle the information

fed to you

The panicked mob mentality here is the end result of the mixing two

dangerous ingredients. Youth and ignorance. You are being controlled

by fear. The question really is who is controlling you, and why?

In 2012 the WHO estimated that 627,000 people died from malaria. Want

to save yourselves? Kill a mosquito.

OK, so if I want to save myself, family and friends from Ebola, what should I KILL?

Your post is the most ignorant and arrogant take on Ebola on this entire board.

What I'm learning here is helping me to be informed...IN-FORMED...as to what I can do to try to be the most responsible about my actions that I can. Responsible in keeping my germs to myself and avoiding contact with those who are being irresponsible in doing the same. It's a long chain of responsibility, of which each of us, as individual links in the chain, must stay informed as much as we can to avoid further spreading this scourge unnecessarily.

Deny ignorance, my friend!

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If you use the wayback machine you can see what Canada's Safety sheet used to say (March 2014)...

And what it says now...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Yerah its like "Sign here please"
"Uh I dont have a pen"
"Here you go you can borrow mine"

How did I contract Ebola?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

originally posted by: Zona

Here's another thought: Why on earth has the gov't not told us step by step each place Duncan was from the moment he set foot in Dallas to the moment they finally admitted him to the hospital?

If they really wanted to contain this, the gov't would tell us all each place Mr. Duncan has been in this country, and when....and for how long. Then, they would encourage anyone who happened to be in the same places at the same time to contact them.

Nope....nothing like that was done.

Where did Duncan go after he was sent home with the antibiotic prescription? Did he go to Wally World to have it filled? Did he get groceries before or after that? Did he hug some kids on the bus or at the store or somewhere else?

The number of possible contamination points are endless. The gov't is not being forthcoming with pertinent information. Almost like they want this thing to spread.

I remember a post that said mr duncan went to eat at a restaurant after the first visit to the hospital...don't know where else he went, but that bothered me so I remember it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join