It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is the easiest religion to troll! ;p

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Are you making a point?
If so, what is it?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

the point here being that they trolled atheism by calling it a religion. and EVERYONE took the bait.

idiots.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

the point here being that they trolled atheism by calling it a religion. and EVERYONE took the bait.

idiots.

That's like saying Obama is the best Latino president ever.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Well the the above is beautiful in that all of our belief systems have the same underlying feature ultimately that we assume that the information we are getting from our environment is the most real thing there is and we assume that our own internal monologue is the most accurate standard against which reality can be judged. If you look at the Atheist, this is a person who had chosen to reject any unexplained experience as unreal and therefore not to dwell on it. This is just one step more removed from monotheism which chooses to judge any unexplained experience as either coming from god or coming from the devil. However, all of these are consensus group-think ideologies which seek to self-regulate their members through a system of psychosocial punishments preventing outliers from drifting the definition too far from the standard of "reality" that those at the top of their respective pyramids have established.

Also, in saying that atheism is the easiest religion to troll, the narrator hints at that idea without overtly asserting it, leaving nothing to refute while at the same time setting up atheists to fall into the pit of actually being trolled thereby proving beyond a doubt that they are in fact easy to troll.

I just found it funny, but I've made this serious explanation in the hope of delivering to you the kind of serious thought you seemed to desire. ;p

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
"The easiest religion to troll is atheism."

When you make a definitive false statement about the way someone believes, or doesn't believe, they are more likely to defend it. So yes. Stated like this. Many atheists are going to speak up, depending on whether they believe the person saying it is serious. (Poe's law comes to mind.) It would be like saying, "Xtianity is the easiest cult to troll."

If you look at the Atheist, this is a person who had chosen to reject any unexplained experience as unreal and therefore not to dwell on it.

Speaking of trolling...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
If you look at the Atheist, this is a person who had chosen to reject any unexplained experience as unreal and therefore not to dwell on it.

We don't reject unexplained experience as "unreal", they're just unexplained.

I personally don't care if you call atheism a religion or not. There is no "deity", rules, tenets, or common beliefs among atheists, so people's ignorance on the matter does not bother me any more than any other ignorance does.

And trolling people? Not something I'd be proud of doing. But if you're so bored in your life that you feel it would be the cool thing to do, have at it!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

We don't reject unexplained experience as "unreal", they're just unexplained.

I personally don't care if you call atheism a religion or not. There is no "deity", rules, tenets, or common beliefs among atheists, so people's ignorance on the matter does not bother me any more than any other ignorance does.

And trolling people? Not something I'd be proud of doing. But if you're so bored in your life that you feel it would be the cool thing to do, have at it!

trolling sometimes reveals reflexive concepts that are due for questioning. like hitting your knee and you sneeze reflexively. wut?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Religion is restricted by dogmas and suggest execution of rituals. Add to it, the right amount of culpability in the scriptures to convince the audience.
Spirituality is a higher form of understanding where you pick only between gnostism and atheism. And you should open yourself to various sources of inspiration to make your own mind.

If only we could reach an age of spirituality rather than religion, this would make things way easier.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
We're 4chan now?

What next? Walking into a feminism forum wearing a t-shirt that says 'make me a sandwich'? Holding a sign at a basketball game that says 'I like my coffee black, like my hired help'? Or maybe baiting Christians with an edgy spaghetti monster poster?

No, you should have a rest. Takes a lot of calories to post a tweet.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Trolls just need attention in their sad pathetic life.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pinke
We're 4chan now?

What next? Walking into a feminism forum wearing a t-shirt that says 'make me a sandwich'? Holding a sign at a basketball game that says 'I like my coffee black, like my hired help'? Or maybe baiting Christians with an edgy spaghetti monster poster?

No, you should have a rest. Takes a lot of calories to post a tweet.

you must be new to the human species. at our core we derive pleasure from conflict as a means of testing one another. thats why we watch sports center and court tv. all different variations of testing and conflicting with each other. and we like to watch them do it...
edit on 8-10-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Trolls are not lurkers, they are the Initiators.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Well played....

well played.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

As an atheist, I find this amusing...that comment is well played

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

You say there are no common beliefs among athiest and i think that is the heart of the point because yet you all claim to have no common beliefs you are all in agreement on many levels. It is borderline mental to deny that athiest have no common beliefs yet we see them everyday. It is like some sort of disconnect with certain parts of reality.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The religious troll is strong in this thread...

Too bad they have to associate non-belief with belief in order to justify their own mentality.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
You say there are no common beliefs among athiest and i think that is the heart of the point because yet you all claim to have no common beliefs you are all in agreement on many levels. It is borderline mental to deny that athiest have no common beliefs yet we see them everyday. It is like some sort of disconnect with certain parts of reality.

So, tell me... What are these beliefs I have in common with other atheists... Tell me what I believe. If we are in agreement on many levels and you see them every day, please elaborate.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Really? Is this some kind of a test?
There are too many to list but i will say that the majority of athiest believe i am wrong in my belief.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Really? Is this some kind of a test?

More like asking for information. You claim that we share many beliefs and I'm unaware of them. I'd like to know what beliefs we share.

There are too many to list but i will say that the majority of athiest believe i am wrong in my belief.

You mean they disagree with your opinion? That's not a "belief". I don't even know (or care) what your belief is, and I would never tell you that you're wrong for believing what you do. I may not believe the same thing, but that is not a "shared belief" among all atheists.

I think you said something and cannot back it up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join