It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE on University Police Brutality Video from 2009:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
UPDATE FYI on this topic (previously posted by Eye on War, 2009 www.abovetopsecret.com...)

Irnes Zeljkovic​ reaches settlement with Western University police force after arrest video goes viral

www.lfpress.com...

Recovering from mental illness, man launches $950,000 lawsuit 0
www.lfpress.com...

backstory:

Crown stays all charges against UWO student
www.lfpress.com...

City Police response:

The orig. video:

edit on 7-10-2014 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I love how cops think people can turn off their survival instincts because they ordered them to do so. You sit there beating and kneeing someone like that, damn right they are going to try to resist it. Instincts to protect your head and body don't just go away because some meathead is yelling stop resisting.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I don't think cops have survival instinct based on the amount of officers they normally and intelligently find appropriate to use when disarming one person. I've seen officers beat and arrest people on video and in reality. The worst thing about this is not being able to do anything about it. These officers need to realise that and average neck could break or be seriously injured when you apply your knee with full body weigh on it and nobody wants an idiot like that to be in charge of safety in any community. a reply to: TKDRL

edit on 7-10-2014 by Jimmy11118 because: error

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Jimmy11118

I don't think this is about survival of the officers involved, but the ever so open topic lately (in recent news, in Canada at least) on how law enforcement (the surrounding public and even the prison system itself) are reacting to (w/ the lack of sensitivity/educated tactics) mental illness in general.

new topics

top topics

join