It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is a failure. Failed us all. Failed his supporters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
The alternative Republican pres team would have been McCain and Palin then Romney and Ryan. I think McCain and Palin would've brought new meaning to the terms incompetent and stupid. And I really believe Romney and Ryan couldn't care less about the average American in the slightest. I seriously doubt very much if these turkeys would be any better than Obama and Biden.
Anyone would be better. He's killing this country.
edit on 8-10-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux
"He" isn't killing anything. The congress is not letting "He" do anything at all. "He" certainly has failed to lead but the obstructionist House has built a wall against any legislation this President might sign.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96
And after all of that, many of these companies still make record profits of billions. Yes, they could share a little more with the people who make it possible. As far as fixing the problem, the first thing(IMO) would be to cut inflation in half and put a cap on it. Then watch everything work itself out. Round up Wall Street speculators who keep inflation high on everything. They are the reason why the economy is screwed, IMO. Too many thieves and shysters running around of their leash.

As far as Obama voters remorse goes;
There's a lot of it going around.
I think all politicians work for the same master. It's just that some are better liars than others. People fall for it every time. The system is corrupt and will never serve the people. It has to be redone from the ground up. People need to be sent packing. This two-party system can never be fair. There's also a lot of foreign influence in the American government, especially when it comes to foreign policy.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I just watched Panetta out Obama on the Benghazi attacks. They have been covering for him. Obama is a liar claiming the video was the reason for the attacks. They are all liars.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: JimTSpock
The alternative Republican pres team would have been McCain and Palin then Romney and Ryan. I think McCain and Palin would've brought new meaning to the terms incompetent and stupid. And I really believe Romney and Ryan couldn't care less about the average American in the slightest. I seriously doubt very much if these turkeys would be any better than Obama and Biden.
Anyone would be better. He's killing this country.

Sorry the final nail in the country happened under Bush, Obama hasn't done anything that Bush didn't do first. Were actually better right now compared to the month Obama took office, but presidents rarely undo what the preceding presidents do. Were a shattered country because of the right wing rule since 1980!!!

what do you think the next president will do?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
"He" isn't killing anything. The congress is not letting "He" do anything at all. "He" certainly has failed to lead but the obstructionist House has built a wall against any legislation this President might sign.

I'm European. So, my opinion is not based on personal experience, but on observation from a distance. Caveat.

The big problem in the USA (and more and more so in the UK) is that dreaded 2-party system. Half the country belongs to party A, the other half to party B and never the twain shall meet. When Democrats rule, half the country pulls forward, the other half pushes back. When Republicans rule, half the country pushes forward, the other half pulls back. In effect you're not getting anywhere.

In my country we have multiple parties. Typically the biggest party only get's 20-30 percent of the votes. This means that we are forced into cooperation. We form coalitions: at least two or three parties find common ground before rule starts. It can take a long time, but in the end we have a house that represent's a large part of the population. and the opposition is well respected - after all, perhaps next time you'll have to work with them to form a coalition.

Currently, my country has a coalition that does not even HAVE a majority. My country is currently ruled by a weird pact of 2 parties (who are on opposite ends of the political spectrum) and a number of parties we call "the loyal opposition". Each and every important issue is debated by the governing parties and the "loyal opposition" and - and sometimes the loyal opposition supports the coalition (so the proposal is accepted) and sometimes they do not (and the proposal does not make it). It even happens that motions are supported by (almost) all parties, including the opposition and even the "real" opposition can do a proposal: it is discussed and sometimes accepted and embraced by a majority. I don't say this is the best system, but it seems to me it beats the American system with ease.

(Oh, and we don't really have a President, we have a King. Who has no political colour and hence is a binding factor for all).

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Personally speaking, when Obama ran the first time, I would have voted for him. But I was not of age.
I did vote for Obama the second time he ran. Mostly because he was the lesser of two evils. When it comes to civil problems, he's closed some gaps and changed some things, and I like that. I knew for certain that I did not want those gaps reopened under Romney. Nor did I want someone in office that flip flopped all of his opinions, without question. For example, ACA. He supported it before running for office. As soon as he started his campaign he no longer agreed with it, even though it's said that he had a bill that was very similar.

I don't just blame Obama. I don't think it's fair to blame just Obama. Because he isn't the only one with any significant power. I think it's harder for him because since the beginning there's been a lot of question as to who he really is, and because of that we have faux news that will relay opinions as news. And of course, the herds of sheeple in our nation that believe anything. I don't think it's fair to just blame him because he's always made out to be the bad guy. He signs an EO because congress won't work with him, bad guy. He salutes a marine the wrong way, even though it's not even required, he's the bad guy (even though, mind you, past presidents have done the same or not even saluted.) You get my point.

Do I blame him at least a little? Yes, for some things. He isn't a perfect person and he's made his share of mistakes. But the numbers also say that things are somewhat okay right now. www.factcheck.org... , one might say it's better than it has been. But numbers don't really matter do they? People don't want to see confusing numbers. People want to see change, they want to feel change. And that's whats lacking. I don't think we can blame just Obama for that.

I certainly have to wonder what the next President will do, who it will be, and if they will run into the same issues that Obama has.
edit on 8-10-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

I am not exactly laying the blame at Obama's feet. What I am saying is that he has failed to lead the people. He should be right now explaining to the common man at the top of his lungs that if they don't get out and vote this year and get Democrats elected that things will never improve or even get worse.

Sadly many voters don't even understand how our government works and why it is important to vote even if your guy is president. If you want to move the country toward liberal policies you have to have liberal majority in both house and senate these days, as they will no longer work together and compromise to pass laws. You have a Tea Party group that wont even send a bill up that they themselves want if there is any chance Obama would actually support it. They simply don't want Obama to have success regardless of the legislation.

Obama needs to explain that to the people and get them to go vote. This is were he has failed, is failing and will continue to fail because he just don't get it or he is scared to actually lead and stir up a can of worms. We need an Activist President...he has proven he aint it.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

On the contrary, Obama didn't fail me. I saw this coming a mile away, and it's precisely why I didn't vote for him either time.

Hope and change are empty words, and he let you fill in the blanks. You got suckered, you and everyone else who voted for Obama.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Lyxdeslic

I am not exactly laying the blame at Obama's feet. What I am saying is that he has failed to lead the people. He should be right now explaining to the common man at the top of his lungs that if they don't get out and vote this year and get Democrats elected that things will never improve or even get worse.

Sadly many voters don't even understand how our government works and why it is important to vote even if your guy is president. If you want to move the country toward liberal policies you have to have liberal majority in both house and senate these days, as they will no longer work together and compromise to pass laws. You have a Tea Party group that wont even send a bill up that they themselves want if there is any chance Obama would actually support it. They simply don't want Obama to have success regardless of the legislation.

Obama needs to explain that to the people and get them to go vote. This is were he has failed, is failing and will continue to fail because he just don't get it or he is scared to actually lead and stir up a can of worms. We need an Activist President...he has proven he aint it.

I almost wonder if maybe he's lost hope. I'm not saying it's an excuse. But given that no matter what he does, he's told that he's wrong and he's been made fun of about everything from his tan suit to his wife... Maybe he just feels that there's no hope. Maybe we'll see more speeches out as it gets closer? I don't know. I do agree though, that people need to be more educated about how the government actually works in this country. I feel that the majority probably don't.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline
Obama is doing exactly what he was installed to do...destroy America and the " shills " are doing a great job of making him look stupid...IMO

Disagree here. He didn't and isn't destroying america. I woke up, got my mail, went to work, my wife is still working, I have health insurance, my cars work, the roads were in a good state of repair, no dead bodies on the sidewalk. You may disagree with his policies but he really didn't destroy America. I live here. It's not destroyed.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If you think the answer is more democrats.

In Obama's first 2 years, when both houses were Democratic, what was passed besides Obamacare? All that did was raise my insurance rates higher then my car payment.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Not attacking you...but you brought up a topic. The House obstructionists aren't the obstructionists. It is those of us on the right that object and don't want the crap Obama is offering. They are our representatives and they represent me by fighting this president from destroying the America I love. So...if you have the guts to say it, say it as it is. I'll help and restructure your sentence.

"He certainly has failed to lead but the PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY THAT DON'T AGREE WITH HIS POLITICS HAVE built a wall against any legislation this President might sign."

That is what I wanted done...and that is what I want to continue to have my representatives do until this America hating jackass is out of office and hopefully replaced with someone who cares about the people who work to make America great and not the leeches who wish to bleed her (and us) dry.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

On the contrary, Obama didn't fail me. I saw this coming a mile away, and it's precisely why I didn't vote for him either time.

Hope and change are empty words, and he let you fill in the blanks. You got suckered, you and everyone else who voted for Obama.

But the choice was between Obama and Romney. um...That's not a clear choice there. You can't blame anyone for voting for Obama over Romney. Then the first time, it was essentially Obama vs Palin. That was a no brainer. Obama. We don't need any lunatics near the white house. LOL

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: ketsuko

But the choice was between Obama and Romney. um...That's not a clear choice there. You can't blame anyone for voting for Obama over Romney. Then the first time, it was essentially Obama vs Palin. That was a no brainer. Obama. We don't need any lunatics near the white house. LOL

Oh jeez. This nation under Palin would be terrifying. Imagine how Ebola would be getting handled then.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

I'll assume you're asking a real question so I'll give you an actual answer.
111th US Congress major legislation

Beyond just O-care there was the Lily Ledbetter Fairpay Act, which extended the statute of limitations on cases of pay discrimination.
There was stimulus, you know...that bill where the dem's lowered your taxes.
The CARD Act which greatly limited the number and scope of credit card fees you can be charged arbitrarily.
The Helping Families Save Their Homes Act, which was meant to go to homeowners who were foreclosed on during the recession...unfortunately, most states just kept the money in the state coffers rather than distributing it.
The Dodd-Frank Act, created numerous consumer protection laws and the CFPB, where you can tell the government, directly, about unfair banking practices.
The Small Business Jobs Act of 2010, tax breaks for small businesses and direct lending for the creation of small businesses.
Don't Ask, Don't Tell repeal.
James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act, allowing 9/11 first responders to receive better health care.

There's plenty you can argue about the politics of the Democrats, but to say, 'well all they did was pass Obamacare!' is intentional ignorance.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Obama is a failure because he never really fights for anything.

In his gut he has no sincere beliefs to fight for so he just gets blown from one political wind or crisis to the next. No vision, no substance, no real values.

Very pedestrian person not really worthy of being elected to a big town city council or Mayor of any American big or little city let alone president of the US...

All his “eloquence” in speeches turns out to be only what political mandarins can do to mold any old trained dog.

He never fought or meant to fight for any progressive issues. Indeed, even the Obamacare was done by the democratic congress not him he just sighed the measly bill into law...they should call it Democratic CongressCARE.

And now as great moral issues are coming to fore , like the ISIL disaster and Ebola, He he shrinks like a wimp in quicksand with again, no vision, no overriding principles or no strategic plans of what to do.

He just blindly wonders on into a morass of pedestrian nothingness.

Barack Obama should resign as president of the US.

Overall because of his deception he is worst even than Richard Nixon!

edit on 8-10-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I find it downright shocking every time I read political posts on these forums. Why? It is simple. The entire system is a scam, and every time you buy into this political arena, it is just submitting to this corrupt system. Obama is a puppet. Democrats are puppets. Bush is a puppet. Republicans are puppets.

News flash, they all work for the same corporate masters!

Our political show is just that, a show.

Your first mistake is believing in this system. This system and all the players do not serve us, they serve the higher ups. If we are to ever obtain change in this world, we need to identify that the system isn't real. It is all set up to give us the illusion that we can vote for "change". The design is genius really, pit two opponents against each other, with slightly different rhetoric, and divide the population. If you look at politics and the history behind it, it is very easy to see that they all work for the same goal, and it has nothing to do with representing us.

You sound like an intelligent person, please open your eyes and see past this nonsense. We need each and every person awake and informed.

Wolves and Sheeple

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
''ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country''

You really believe Obama is the one making decisions?

If so then your so confused - it matters not how good or bad he was, it wouldn't of helped you anyway

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Personally, I’m an Independent. I don’t hold allegiance to either Republicans or Democrats. I became disillusioned long ago. I do, though, find the Republican Party to be particularly reprehensible these days. It’s not at all the same party that it once was. I feel that it not only doesn’t represent the best interests of this nation, as a whole, but that it has intentionally betrayed the majority of it’s citizens, destroyed a thriving middle class with a standard of living envied by the rest of the world, and sold us all out in a fire sale to the Corporate America slumlords who actually run the show now. It’s disgusting, shameful and totally in opposition to the priciples this country was founded upon. The original founders had the good sense to distrust corporations and held them very strictly under tight regulation. If you don’t believe it, then look it up and educate yourself. The very fact that the Republican Party has quite proudly been an obstructionist obstacle to any progress this country could have made over the last 6 years is borderline treasonous. Their only allegiance is to the Koch brothers, the Waltons and the rest of the corporate elite. They don’t give a damn about the working class and it’s welfare; they answer strictly to the fat cats who pull their strings. I really doubt anyone could become President of this country today and be considered successful at it. It’s easy, but it’s a copout to just blame Obama for everything, considering what he stepped into after the damage done to this country and it’s economy during the Bush/Cheney days. The festering wounds they inflicted on this nation were so extensive that it will take generations, if ever, to overcome. It’s what started the downward spiral we’re in to begin with.

That being said, I have to wonder just what it is that's sustaining the free-fall we're in, and will it end gracefully or with a big SPLAT! And all I can come up with is, it’s our own damned fault for allowing it to happen in the first place. The one who’s at fault here is the one staring back at us in the mirror. We put these monsters in charge by foolishly, naively believing their outrageous lies, and then continuing to support them while they savagely screwed our brains out. These “leaders” of ours know that if they simply tell us the same sack of lies over and over again, it won’t be long before we begin to believe them. Regardless of how stupid and outrageous the lies may be, we’re so gullible we buy it every time. We make easy prey for power mad, controlling politicians and their corporate vampire masters. So, instead of blaming Obama for everything, and using him as a scapegoat, maybe we should consider our own role in all this. I say place the blame where it belongs.

I don’t know. Maybe society, and life in general, has simply become too complicated and fast-paced for most folks to handle. With rapidly advancing technologies, an evermore inquisitive Big Brother peering into our private lives, a superelite ruling class turning us into their slaves, and an exotic war machine capable of ending all life on the planet in the blink of an eye, maybe it just got to be too much. So we just gave up, became complacent and put it all in the hands of the greedy, self-serving, power hungry criminals we call our leaders. I guess it’s just easier that way. As a tradeoff we’re apparently willing to give up our freedoms, lead substandard lives, and follow the marching orders of our corporate masters in exchange for not having to make difficult choices/decisions on our own. It’s kind of like a kid who gets pissed off at his/her parents, but needs for them to tell him/her what to do. Maybe it’s a sign of times to come. Just a thought.

I honestly don’t know; maybe the train’s left the station and it’s too late to turn back. If that’s the case, then we’ll just continue to spiral downward into some dubious future of our own making. Then again, there’s a possibility I’m wrong about all this. Maybe we’ll all just get fed up and off our asses, go out there and vote, and live happily ever after. Beats me...

PS: By the way, I happen to pay a great deal in taxes every year. I’m fortunate that I can do that and still maintain a comfortable living. I feel grateful to have been lucky enough to live in this country at the time I did, and consider the taxes I pay to be the price for living in a civilized society. I don’t resent those less fortunate and gladly contribute my share of tax revenue to social programs that help others live a better life. I just think it’s the right thing to do. Not everyone has been as fortunate as myself. When economic disparity becomes too great (as it is today in America), it weakens the system as a whole and society (all of us) is the loser. A strong middle class is essential for a healthy, prosperous nation. It’s so simple and obvious, I can’t understand why so many reject it. We’ve become a very self-serving people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join