It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Project Gemini UFO Sightings - Stunning Astronaut UFO Black Knight Satellite Account

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I never heard of these accounts before. I love seeing new information on the Black Knight Satellite .

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Can you provide a brief synopsis of the video? I can't watch it at the moment.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
another stunning post. cylindrical tubes. perhaps this was the space spider in flight? all that nasa comm. just tell us . or keep us guessing its kinda fun

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Spruce
It's about various communications from Gemini astronauts speaking to ground control explaining the strange object that they see.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Waiting for Jim...surely...he ought to explain away. It's satelites...the end.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I love seeing new information on the Black Knight Satellite .
Not really new information. But what makes you think any of them have something to do with the Black Knight story?

As in the Black Knight story, what makes you think all of the accounts are about the same object?

edit on 10/7/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well, there's plenty of man-made space debris flying out there, including perhaps some obscure and top-secret satellites. There's also ice debris that comes off the spacecraft and rocket stages.

I love seeing new information on the Black Knight Satellite.

What new information on the Black Knight Satellite?

~~~

Would be nice to hear from JimOberg. I found the Gemini transcript on a NASA site, so it's genuine.
edit on 7-10-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Great Video didn't know this was out there, You gotta love You Tube sometimes.

Can't help but feel that those men let us down when watching, We have a right to know,just like they do.
I don't think we will ever really know about whats out there until traveling to space become a easier thing then it is know for everyone. As we know it cost too much.

But hey!! Nasa knows best...

SF

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I love seeing new information on the Black Knight Satellite .
Not really new information. But what makes you think any of them have something to do with the Black Knight story?

As in the Black Knight story, what makes you think all of the accounts are about the same object?

Not really new information....

...To you maybe,

I do agree with you on the whole black knight thing tho, more of a sighting of a UFO to me.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I watched the video and from what I could understand, what they saw (at various times) was unidentified.

Maybe satellites. The Black Knight? Even though they don't mention it at any time, I personally think that the Black Knight is just a myth, that got created from various stories.

But if you like hearing about the Black Knight, what it could have (or not) been, here are two excellent threads on the subject:

The Black Knight Satellite

And this one, in which Jim Oberg gives his version of the Black Knight... ( page 6 ) :

The Black Knight from Space

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I love the part at 6:12

CC Roger.
CC Gemini VII, is that the booster or is that an actual sighting ?
C Said...we have several - looks like...actual sighting.

An actual sighting ? So there are..."actual sightings". Here I thought there can't be real "actual" sightings...since...there is nothing out there...but debris and ice.

For the record...I don't think any of this correlates to Black Knight...never the less...great info OP.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

So there are..."actual sightings". Here I thought there can't be real "actual" sightings...since...there is nothing out there...but debris and ice.
So, an "actual sighting" means what to you?

There are explanations for the sightings on the Gemini (and other missions). Do any of them describe "impossible" maneuvers? Anything that says the things they see have to be extraterrestrial? No, they just talk about things that they aren't exactly sure about what they are at the time.

Here's the actual transcript. Not your truncated version.

Spacecraft: Gemini-7 here. Houston, how do you read?

Capcom: Loud and clear, Seven, go ahead.

Spacecraft: Bogey at 10 o'clock high.

Capcom: This is Houston. Say again, seven.

Spacecraft: Said we have a bogey at 10 o'clock high.

Capcom: Roger, Gemini 7, is that the booster or is that an actual sighting?

Spacecraft: We have several, looks like debris up here. Actual sighting.

Capcom: You have any more information? Estimate distance and speed?

Spacecraft: We also have the booster in sight.

Capcom: Understand you also have the booster in sight. Roger.

Spacecraft: Yeah, have a very, very many -- look like hundreds of little particles banked on the left out about 3 to 4 miles.

www.jsc.nasa.gov...

Here's what Borman said about his bogey:

"Right after we got into orbit we were supposed to "station keep' or fly formation with the booster," Borman says. "We were flying formation and taking photographs and infrared measurements and I started calling it a "bogey,' which is an old fighter pilot term. Well, a lot of the UFO freaks on the ground picked this up and said we had seen a UFO because we had referred to our booster as a bogey. Just this past year I got a call from a producer at "Unsolved Mysteries" and they said, "We read your account about your seeing a UFO on Gemini 7 and would you come on the program?' I told them: "I'd love to come on your program because I'd love to straighten that out.' I explained what it was I saw and I said, "I don't think there were UFOs,' and the producer said, "Well, I'm not sure we want you on the program.' "

Read more: www.airspacemag.com...

edit on 10/7/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
Well, there's plenty of man-made space debris flying out there, including perhaps some obscure and top-secret satellites. There's also ice debris that comes off the spacecraft and rocket stages...

But this was during the Apollo missions. The first official man made satellite to be launched into orbit was Sputnik in 1957, so just about a decade before these astronauts. And this was before any comm sats were placed into orbit. So it makes sense that these astronauts were surprised to see other objects up there with them.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: holyTerror
Gemini missions, actually.
And there were both US and Russian satellites in orbit at the time. As well as boosters from those satellites and boosters from their own vehicles.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It is also noteworthy the Gemini capsule had only very small windows and zero room for the suited-up pilots to get a better angle...who knows what could be clearly seen through those things

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You're right. My mistake.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

So there are..."actual sightings". Here I thought there can't be real "actual" sightings...since...there is nothing out there...but debris and ice.
So, an "actual sighting" means what to you?

There are explanations for the sightings on the Gemini (and other missions). Do any of them describe "impossible" maneuvers? Anything that says the things they see have to be extraterrestrial? No, they just talk about things that they aren't exactly sure about what they are at the time.

Here's the actual transcript. Not your truncated version.

Spacecraft: Gemini-7 here. Houston, how do you read?

Capcom: Loud and clear, Seven, go ahead.

Spacecraft: Bogey at 10 o'clock high.

Capcom: This is Houston. Say again, seven.

Spacecraft: Said we have a bogey at 10 o'clock high.

Capcom: Roger, Gemini 7, is that the booster or is that an actual sighting?

Spacecraft: We have several, looks like debris up here. Actual sighting.

Capcom: You have any more information? Estimate distance and speed?

Spacecraft: We also have the booster in sight.

Capcom: Understand you also have the booster in sight. Roger.

Spacecraft: Yeah, have a very, very many -- look like hundreds of little particles banked on the left out about 3 to 4 miles.

www.jsc.nasa.gov...

Here's what Borman said about his bogey:

"Right after we got into orbit we were supposed to "station keep' or fly formation with the booster," Borman says. "We were flying formation and taking photographs and infrared measurements and I started calling it a "bogey,' which is an old fighter pilot term. Well, a lot of the UFO freaks on the ground picked this up and said we had seen a UFO because we had referred to our booster as a bogey. Just this past year I got a call from a producer at "Unsolved Mysteries" and they said, "We read your account about your seeing a UFO on Gemini 7 and would you come on the program?' I told them: "I'd love to come on your program because I'd love to straighten that out.' I explained what it was I saw and I said, "I don't think there were UFOs,' and the producer said, "Well, I'm not sure we want you on the program.' "

Read more: www.airspacemag.com...

So the pilot tells Huston that the bogey is numerous space debris floating, about 3-4 miles out... then hoes on yo say in the interview that "UFO freaks" assumed bogey meant UFO when it actually was referring to the booster that they were flying formation with. How did the booster become a bogey and why is this pilot changing the story. He told Huston the bogeys were many and it was likely debris about 3-4 miles out.

I don't know anything about this other than what you posted. Could you clarify that?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
A cylindrical object with a large arm, what country used that first?? and when??

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: laurentius
A cylindrical object with a large arm, what country used that first?? and when??

"Large arm" would be relative to the size of the cylinder, but the actual size of the cylinder and the arm were unknown. Jim McDivitt himself specified that he could not tell if the object was small and close, or large and far away.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
My money is on some experimental Soviet satellites or scientific probes, perhaps launched into a wrong orbit, or which broke down very soon.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join