It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurdish woman suicide bomber attacks ISIS in Syria, killing a number of members

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Brave woman soldier. Instead of allowing herself to be captured and mistreated and killed by the ISIS demons, she blew herself up and sent few ISIS to hell in the process. That's not a 'suicide bomber' .. that's a brave soldier. She's inspirational. I'm sure she's in a better place now, and the ISIS she killed are in hell where they belong.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: MrPlow

If you dig deeper, instead of relying on that painfully short article, you'll find that Arin Mirkan (which was her name) was a full time fighter in the YPG.

a reply to: Kram09

As has been mentioned in other posts in this thread, it wasn't how you seem to think. Her position was being over run and she detonated a device rather than be captured. I'm sure that is a damned site more honorable and palatable than strapping some explosives to your chest and blowing up a market. In fact, I am sure that Western military history has plenty of examples of the same sort of sacrifice.

oh ok....thank you

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
And you know it bugs ISIL that much more knowing that this act of bravery was carried out by a young, beautiful women with a strength of character not know by many on their side

I say her courageous act should be spread amongst ISIL held positions by air dropped newsletters .
edit on 6-10-2014 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2014 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Max_TO

The question will be, since when now Kurdish women are becoming suicide bombers, ISIS beheading and now Kurdish women bombers.

What the middle eastern world is up to now.

Since Islamic women in Burqa's can hide just about anything inside those robes and hide their faces/expressions.

Therein leaves the question about how dangerous the Burqa can be.

Currently, Australia is pondering weather we should ban the Burqa. I think this attack (although in this instance it was used by friendlies against the enemy), was a wake-up call to countries who have not or are considering banning this medieval garment.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Funny enough not too long ago those very same people that are heroes today were considered terrorists that needed to be attacked. I wonder when Al-CIAda and ISIS will be the heroes in fighting whatever new bad guys magically appear on the scene next?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

I think females get to try on 72 dresses while all her friends stand around and praise her fashion sense

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: PrinceDreamer

You know what, the West doesn't want boots (or even to be involved) on the ground but other countries do. Has it ever crossed any of your minds (you know, the ones who think everything is an evil Western conspiracy) that other countries are playing their own games?

Like Saudi and Turkey, perhaps?

Turkey, at this moment, is sat across the border with hundreds of tanks aimed at IS - but won't budge until they get a "coordinated response" from "other parties" and, after hinting it is ready to roll on IS has also laid out demands for the "when".

As conditions for their involvement, Turkey is demanding that the West turn on Assad and enforce a no-fly zone, something Western Governments are resisting, but until then the Turks are happy to watch the Kurds get pounded by IS, while thousands of soldiers sit on their tanks and smoke.

Basically, they are blackmailing the West to go after Assad. This isn't a Western plot, this is a plot by the Powers in the region to rid themselves of a rival.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sirrurg

When have the Kurds ever been the enemy?

You also appear to have not read the thread at all and have formed an opinion based on an article with barely 200 words. I suggest you read more about the incident. This wasn't your traditional suicide bomber, but a last stand by a seasoned fighter facing being overun by an enemy that cares not for the rules of war.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tedgoat

originally posted by: stirling
The very worst part of this news is not the death of a valiant Kurdish woman fighting for her homeland....but that the Kurds are so hard pressed that they are falling back.......
Where are the drones to take out the armour with hellfire missiles?
Where is their air cover?
Why haven't we shipped them more heavy weapons?
Why are we throwing them piecemeal into a grinder?

This will piss off the ISIS controllers. The US and Israel will probably send in the RAF to bomb the Kurds then send out the usual fake or modified Propaganda videos to say they were bombing ISIS.

Oh and by the way! They have shipped a heap of weapons. To ISIS!

^This. It surprises me that people have not come to this conclusion after wondering about the fundamentally nonsensical strength of ISIS, and how exactly they have become such a damn powerful, organizes threat.

Based on what i have found out about US history and it's foreign policy, who they colluded with, who they supported, who they funded(hint:evil, evil, evil), it is obvious that they they are in no hurry, or even desire, to truly stop ISIS. They armed and sent them on their way in the first place, and wish to only let them continue slaughtering in order to further enrage the public into war with everywhere.

This woman is what we would call "bad-ass" in my book, though. Even though i am faced with death at the hands of obvious psychos, i would definitely hesitate at taking myself out.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: PrinceDreamer

You know what, the West doesn't want boots (or even to be involved) on the ground but other countries do. Has it ever crossed any of your minds (you know, the ones who think everything is an evil Western conspiracy) that other countries are playing their own games?

Like Saudi and Turkey, perhaps?

Saudi and Turkey who are backed and funded by the US.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bigman88

Backed and funded?

Saudi has more money than it cares to even count and Turkey hasn't had any significant aid since the 70's, when they were actually subject to a US arms embargo...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Nice try.

The YPG is considered to be the armed wing of the Democratic Union Party PYD, which is the Syrian equivalent of the Kurdistan Workers' Party
PKK. The PKK has been considered a terrorist organisation by Turkey, the US, the EU and NATO for a while now.

Hence it is quite amusing that now we are arming them.

edit on 7 10 2014 by Sirrurg because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sirrurg

So, because one Kurdish group in another country has been on the terrorist list (because it has been engaged in a civil war which included terrorist attacks in said country), another in an entirely different country which has nothing to do with the previous country is therefore the same?

Nice logic...

No, we're not arming the "terrorists" (the PKK), or even the YPD - we are, however, arming the Peshmerga which is the armed forces of the Iraqi Kurdistan Autonomous Region, which is another entirely different country and unrelated to the two you alluded to in your post and is not on any lists and is accepted by the country of Iraq as a legitimate fighting force and, in fact, they are being armed at the request of said country.

Good to see your all brushed up on your facts there

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

Reaper drones deployed high above the terrorists’ strongholds are also believed to have identified hostages wearing orange jumpsuits but top brass are thought to have currently ruled out a rescue operation because IS defences are too strong. "

So they are telling us that the area is too hot for guys like Delta, SAS and SAD?
Are they F&^@ING KIDDING US?!

For those of you who don't understand the excellence of US/UK Tier 1 spec ops, here's the breakdown, if you want to join Delta for example, you need to already be in the military and have numerous recommendations + perform EXTREMELY well in every situation imaginable. Most 1st SFOD-D unit members (Formerly called Delta Force, now CAG) are recruited from Army Rangers who are already a special operations force (sometimes referred to as a "Tier 2" SF or SOF). Then the recruits need to get through hell on earth & perform extremely well to be given a spot in the unit. Note that these recruits are almost always already in other special forces and have years of experience in the area before selection.

Within certain hush-hush communities it's not unheard of to send a 2 man cell (meaning 2 shooters/operators) into a terrorist training camp filled with dozens of armed a-holes and have them clean the place up + get the intel they were ordered to get. 1st SFOD-D Delta-Force is one of those groups. SAS another. S.A.D yet another etc.

And yet it's too dangerous to send those guys in for a simple hostage in hostile territory? REALLY now? This is just another excuse & it's pissing me off. I can not and will not believe this bullsh!t because I know what the real deal is.

Sadly, rescuing those hostages is not, I repeat, is NOT a high enough priority of the brass regardless of how badly the shooters wanna go in to get them to safety and rip to shreds whoever stands in the way.
Instead, we got seal team 6, SAD, Delta and SAD in Iraq chasing & "painting" ISIS command personnel for drone-strikes which is completely useless since those ISIS "officers" get replaced almost as fast as they are killed.

IT--
edit on 8-10-2014 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Max_TO

The poor woman was probably out of her mind, maybe she suffered at there hand's and maybe had lost members of her family, perhaps even her children.
Though RT is a propeganda rich source of doubtful integrity they had an interview with some of the kurd's at the border who had fled Kobane, one young man told how most of his friend's had actually been killed by Turkish soldiers not the IS as they attempted to flee across the border but that back in Kobani IS fighters had siezed an eight year old girl, raped her then killed her and left her body in the street.
Word's do not cover what I would want to do to these animal's, I do not believe islam is a religion that can be expressed in a free world as it suppresses and even allows slavery but these persons of IS are nothing but he lowest of the low and the worst kind's of two legged animals.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

A true hero and soldier.

May whatever Deity exists welcome her with open arms.

Knowing her life was already at an end , she decided to take as many of the enemy with her as she could - that's the type of bravery and resolve you just cant train someone for. Suicide bomber ? at its base definition, yes , but more like Sacrificial Rear Guard.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sirrurg
Funny enough not too long ago those very same people that are heroes today were considered terrorists that needed to be attacked. I wonder when Al-CIAda and ISIS will be the heroes in fighting whatever new bad guys magically appear on the scene next?

Really.?

I have never heard of an Islamic group actually rescuing and defending non-Muslims with their very own lives before.

This is what the Kurds have done (are doing).

In my book, this makes them pretty ok and more than makes up for anything they may have done in the past.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad2000

Quite - the Kurds, while being nominally Sunni Muslims, are very secular and out of all the ethnic groupings in the region they are probably the most plural, democratic and "woman" friendly of them all.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The thing is, these evil spirits are defiling religious communities and killing them because they are so far caught up in sin, to the point where it is so many generations of holy work and selflessness to ever atone for their deeds. It is all over religion, and over this creation of the world, that they have gone for far deep and astray. They are fighting God with evil and for absolutely sure, going back to the origins of their own teachings, it is impossible for them to be granted eternal life when they take into action this opposition to the Living God for which can be no less.

I cannot imagine how a human being can oppose God and the living creating so much as to willingly destroy it to the best of their ability, and to transcend themselves before God in this action, and to have even the slightest hunch that they would be provided atonement.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Brave woman soldier. Instead of allowing herself to be captured and mistreated and killed by the ISIS demons, she blew herself up and sent few ISIS to hell in the process. That's not a 'suicide bomber' .. that's a brave soldier. She's inspirational. I'm sure she's in a better place now, and the ISIS she killed are in hell where they belong.

Ok, if you want to twist the truth around to your own morbid fantasy you are just being like the stubborn world. I am just glad that within my community of the dead sea scrolls, the same teachings that even started Islam in the first place, could not be more specific as to what is right and what is wrong. They are the only tool for which as to explain what is happening in the world and why it is happening. Yet they were hidden from public for 2,000 years, and when they were discovered in an underground cave, they were still kept hidden from the public, for the reason being that the financial powers of the world would hate most for the world to learn the truth, since it would be a threat to their worldly power. So as much as I love my community of the last remnant of holy people the earth has witnessed, I am still spiritually oppressed by the stubborn obstinating people who just want to believe what their pitiful ego knows, which is delusion.

Basically, to sum it all up - the whole world would have been completely different in all of history if the Romans did not win the war in 70 AD. If that would not have happened, the whole world would be more like Buddhists. Literally, there would have not been so many wars and countries would all the purpose of peace instead of the cruelty of injustice and falsehood. The people of the time of Jesus saw this spirit of falsehood in a battle with the spirit of truth, and they were hoping that eventually the spirit of truth would win, but 2,000 years later, the spirit of truth did not win and the whole world has been beaten and taken advantage of by falsehood, within all levels of society.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join