It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denial of JESUS = End of Humanity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlephBet
a reply to: ATF1886

Note that Jesus said the only sign they would get is the sign of Jonah. Follow the voices of Yahweh and Elohim in the text. How does it end?

The sign of Jonah was made clear.

Matthew 12:40

Jonah was three days and three nights in the whale's belly, so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Enough of the Cult Of Death that foretells and encourages the destruction of the planet. These cult members are praying for the destruction of its own species! Absolute Madness!!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Cult of life everlasting sir Cult of life im calling for the destruction of all evil sickness suffering pain and on and on and on 😀😀😀 a reply to: HUMBLEONE

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'm still wondering how Jesus was considered a terrorist.

The closest thing I can find that is "terroristic" is when he talks of the destruction of the temple, and even then.....

John 2:19

Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Matthew 26:61

And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.

Mark 14:58

We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.

Notice how he said he would rebuild the temple. And frankly, most take this interpretation to mean his body, which rose from the dead after 3 days.... ie-- they destroyed his body and in 3 days he came back.

But if you want to go litteral with this verse, it's still not terrorism. I didn't see Bin Laden threaten to destroy the towers only to build them back up bigger and better. No, he just wanted to destroy.

So, tell me, exactly how he is a terrorist?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Enough of the Cult Of Death that foretells and encourages the destruction of the planet. These cult members are praying for the destruction of its own species! Absolute Madness!!

What religion are you referring Islam? Sure is not Christianity which is the truth of life eternal. All you have to do is ask for it. Yeshua Ha-Mashiach has already paid for your eternal life if you will just open your eyes and accept it.
edit on 5-10-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

THE EIGHT BEATITUDES OF JESUS

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, 
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 

Blessed are they who mourn, 
for they shall be comforted. 

Blessed are the meek, 
for they shall inherit the earth. 

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, 
for they shall be satisfied. 

Blessed are the merciful, 
for they shall obtain mercy. 

Blessed are the pure of heart, 
for they shall see God. 

Blessed are the peacemakers, 
for they shall be called children of God. 

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, 
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

still no terrorisim there sorry...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Your title says...

"Denial of JESUS = End of Humanity"

Yet your thread does not say why or how. Could you bring us up to speed?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
Answer: The story of Peter’s threefold denial of Christ is found in all four Gospel accounts: Matthew 26:69–74, Mark 14:66–72, Luke 22:55–62, and John 18:15–18, 25–27. But why would the chief of the disciples deny even knowing Him? There were two main reasons why Peter denied Jesus: weakness and fear.

Peter’s denial was based partially on weakness, the weakness born of human frailty. After the Last Supper, Jesus took His disciples to the Garden of Gethsemane to await His arrest. He told them to stay awake and pray while He went off to pray alone. When He returned to them, He found them sleeping. He warned Peter to stay awake and pray because, although his spirit might be willing, his flesh was weak. But he fell asleep again, and, by the time the soldiers had come to arrest Jesus, it was too late to pray for the strength to endure the ordeal to come. No doubt his failure to appropriate the only means to shore up his own weakness—prayer—occurred to him as he was weeping bitterly after his denials. But Peter learned his lesson about being watchful, and he exhorts us in 1 Peter 5:8, “Be on the alert, because your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.” Peter’s weakness had caused him to be “devoured” momentarily as he denied his Lord because he hadn’t been prepared through prayer and he underestimated his own weakness.

A second reason for Peter’s failure was fear. To his credit, although all the others had fled (Mark 14:50), Peter still followed Jesus after His arrest, but he kept his distance so as not to be identified with Him (Mark 14:54). There’s no question that fear gripped him. From the courtyard, he watched Jesus being falsely accused, beaten, and insulted (Mark 14:57–66). Peter was afraid Jesus would die, and he was fearful for his own life as well. The world hated Jesus, and Peter found that he was not prepared to face the ridicule and persecution that Jesus was suffering. Earlier, Jesus had warned His disciples as well as us today, “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first” (John 16:18; cf. Matthew 24:9). Peter quickly found he wasn’t nearly as bold and courageous as he had proclaimed, and in fear he denied the One who had loved him.

We might well wonder why Jesus allowed Peter to fail so miserably and deny his Lord three times that night. Jesus revealed to Peter that Satan had asked for permission to sift Peter like wheat (Luke 22:31). Jesus could have easily protected Peter and not allowed Satan to sift him, but Jesus had a higher goal. He was equipping Peter to strengthen his brothers (Luke 22:32). Not only did Peter strengthen the other disciples, but he became the pillar of the early church in Jerusalem, exhorting and training others to follow the Lord Jesus (Acts 2). And he continues to this day to strengthen us through his epistles, 1 and 2 Peter. As with all our failures, God used Peter’s many failures, including his three denials of Christ, to turn him from Simon, a common man with a common name, into Peter, the Rock.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
Those who do not believe who He said He is, continue to pick up stones today though (not physically) because they cannot accept that Jesus said He was God in their own language and genre. They understood what He was claiming back then; today they ignore the Bible and do not understand His words. Surely the same people who deny His deity when faced with His claims will try to kill him and His representatives. In the end they will be part of those armies who will fight this one who is coming back, the only God revealed in human flesh at the Battle of Meggido, (known as Armageddon). Jesus said- you are either for me or against me. Today you have that choice

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Duality faith in religion is really annoying me lately.

You serve higher ideal by following the ideals. The whole you have to say you are a follower of Jesus and have Jesus as a lord to follow Jesus ideals is getting tiresome.

I know that there are some Buddhist/hindus/sufi/sikh who understand Jesus ideals from my point of view better without ever even read the bible than some of the bible thumpers playing around with duality.

help the needy

So was for instance Moses/Rumi/Krishna/Nanak/Buddha and the list goes on about all the blessed ones that have been sent.
edit on 5-10-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
The only Reason he was crucified was because pilot was in fear of a revolt of the Jewish community but By "Roman" standard he was not found Guilty of Anything a reply to: Zcustosmorum

That would be 'Pilate'.... did you ever see that survey that determined that atheists knew the Bible better than Christians? Or actually maybe paid attention in school when punctuation was discussed?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Im glad you picked up on my mispuncuation great now thats done its good you know or athiests know im glad they spend te majority of thier life denying something that can and cannot be proven bottom line its a choice im just trying to appeal to ones heart like the ats family that keeps each other informed sorry for caring guess its time to shake the dust off my feet a reply to: signalfire

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
Cult of life everlasting sir Cult of life im calling for the destruction of all evil sickness suffering pain and on and on and on 😀😀😀 a reply to: HUMBLEONE

cults are but a construct of the egoic mind. The egoic mind is psychotic at the moment so it is best to disengage and interact in a fashion of greater caution.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think I understand what you were doing and I could not in good conscience back out of the thread without replying. I tried to, but could not.

I don't often discuss any religion/faith here at ATS for many reasons. One of those is that my faith is something I can not and will not budge on. It would be a waste of my time and anyone else's to entertain a discussion in which I had no intention of being swayed either way. Likewise, those who would come in and blast my belief, have no intention on being swayed either. It's a waste of time for both parties.

However, there are certain threads that I stumble upon on occasion to where I read them, and it weighs heavily on me to offer support or a viewpoint. When I try to walk away from those without posting, my conscience has a way of beating me up until I return. I'm sure you know the feeling I am talking about. It's likely the same feeling you had before you posted this thread.

As believers we feel the need to share our views and proclaim Jesus as our savior and the Son of God. We are taught that there will be a "falling away" of the church before the end times. Do I think we are seeing that now?? I absolutely do. I think we have been seeing it since the beginning of time and we could likely be seeing it for many, many, years to come. Who knows?

I am not a church going "Christian". I think many have come in the name of Christianity and have done horrendous things in the name of God and that has driven people away from believing. There will be a price those people will have to pay for that. I believe that there have probably been many things added to the bible, and many things taken out of the bible. I believe that not all people who call themselves Christians will be going where they think they are going. I believe we may be surprised at who we do see when we get there. I am a believer in accepting Jesus as your Savior. I believe in some things that most churches don't preach now, and I believe most churches are preaching for the "tithes" and not for the people or the "word".

We all have to come to our own understanding and we may not all have the same understanding. I have enough of my own sins to worry about without having to worry about everyone else's.

My point is... I wanted to offer you support for coming out with your beliefs as you did. It's a drive in us sometimes that we can't deny. I believe that it would likely not have mattered how you worded it, it still would not have been accepted by everyone and that is ok too.

You did what you felt the calling to do and I have to applaud you for that.

edit on 10/5/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: suz62
They're not "chosen" so their beliefs don't matter /sarcasm.

The day Jesus comes to me will be the day I believe. Until then, he's as real as the Easter Bunny bawk bawk.

No offense to those who do believe as I try and have respect when around religious people, unless of course, they try and throw religion on me. Then I calmly ask them how they can believe any of that crap, and how they could follow a religion that sees them as animals(goy, gentiles). I just don't get it. I think the world would work better if all religions were dropped. It's non-important in this day and age. But again, for the people who need religion, and it makes them better people, and they aren't attacking others, then rock on which ya bad self.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Thank you sir i rarely do that either i never impose my beliefes on any one but there comes a time when one out of love for humanity i want the best and to do that we have to change and the biggest lack we have as humans is LOVE thank you for your support kindly appreciated i figured i het chopped up into pieces cause of insignificants like grammer or so on but thats fine sometimes you step to the plate with out knowing whats coming but its a thing called faith!!! a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

""As for me and my family we shall serve the lord Jesus Christ to all the glory be""

To me, the question is how you choose to serve the lord Jesus Christ to all the glory be."

For instance, I have to question why you would diminish the glory of God

by failing to capitalize the word "Lord".

Why would you commit such a transgression?

Perhaps I am being unfair to you. I have no reason to doubt that you are a good soul.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Because to error is human.. a reply to: Diderot

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

"Because to error is human.. a reply to: Diderot"

Please forgive me but I could not resist the irony.

You and I err, but we do not error.

We err by committing an error.

Ere you take offence to my point about erring about the error of erring about "erroring",

You see, ere means before, but

To err is to screw up, and an error is what happens when you screw up.

Have I not totally screwed this up?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

Thanks for the humor with all the news flying around i was going to say Err but felt like i was doing a highwire preformance on dental floss but it was very humorous 😝😝😝

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join