It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Final in Sydney, Australia.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Today is the biggest sporting day in Sydney. Its the equivalent of the Superbowl.

The NRL grand final is on today. My team is the South Sydney Rabbits owned by Russell Crowe and Peter Holmes O'court and the Members. Its been 43 years since we have been in a grand final and this is my first ever.

We are playing the Bulldogs who's have a very large middle eastern following.

I am about to head out to the stadium where i will watch it with my family and 85,000 other supporters. Feeling a little apprehensive with the current world climate. Once there i plan on organising a meeting point outside the stadium in case of trouble. Other than that i suppose all you can do is relax and enjoy it.

Glory glory to the mighty Rabbitohs.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

It's been a while since I last attended a grand final which was the Dragons v Tigers

Go Rabittohs!
Great club that refuses to go down

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

In high spirits I must side with the Dogs. For the only reason of that god aweful 20 odd foot of grunt band Russell is in. Urgh..
I would say not Super Bowl, I'd think the Melbourne Cup (horse racing) is more Super Bowl all country embracing? Mind you, I say this as your mortal enemy being a Mexican down here below the border. The Storm will have it next year.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Alright, with 7 minutes to go it seems you've got your wish. Enjoy in moderation tonight!
But if I have to hear Russells band one more time I'll go mental.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Sorry Bella the GRAND FINAL was last week.
The Rugby Grand Final was today, big difference

Howd the Rabbits do?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

The Rabittohs were very much the winners

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
what a game.

That was my first time ever to attend a grand final. It was unbelievable being there with 84,000 other people.

It was the greatest night of my life seeing my team for the first time in a g/f and then to win was the ultimate.

Time to sober up now

top topics

join