It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a Quarantine International Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
We need a Quarantine International Airport. The idea would be any flights arriving from ANY country with Ebola will land there. People arriving from these places would then spend 30 days (or what ever it takes) under observation before being allowed in the country. If you like you can make it resort like. Bottom line protecting America from Ebola outbreak is more important than protecting those who want to put themselves at risk by traveling to dangerous places with disease this deadly.

At least this way your not putting the needs of the few ahead of the needs of the rest of us.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I suspect that might throw up the odd logistical problem or two...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: KingIcarus
I suspect that might throw up the odd logistical problem or two...

Like what? There are several closed USAF bases that could be used for this purpose. Many still have facilities and housing that could be brought back up.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

That is the best of the ideas I have heard, for containing inbound viral threats.

The use of abandoned or decommissioned airforce bases and runways is a fantastic idea, offering pre-established defensive cordons and perimeter boundaries, on site housing and medical buildings, barracks for security and medical staff, and hangars for stockpiling supplies necessary to deal with high case volume.

Brilliant!

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Your idiot administration has no will to protect American citizens. You see, a travel ban would impede the response effort

You guys tell me, incompetence or deliberate action to bring more infection to the US?

washingtonexaminer.com...

White House: Travel ban would 'impede' Ebola response

The White House argued Friday that banning commercial flights from West Africa to the U.S. would deter efforts to limit the spread of the deadly Ebola virus, insisting that Americans should not fear travelers from nations most affected by the epidemic.

“Right now, we believe those types of steps actually impede the response,” said Lisa Monaco, the White House's homeland security adviser, in a briefing with reporters.

Critics are increasingly calling on the White House to prohibit flights from West Africa to the United States or at least allow just essential personnel to make such a trek.

Their message: Don’t panic. “Our healthcare infrastructure in the United States is well-equipped to stop Ebola in its tracks,” Fauci argued.

edit on 4-10-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

How long is a hospital or doctors office / clinic open for standard services once you have had an ebola patient in the waiting room? Ambulances, how long to decontaminate them once used and compromised? Each time, resources are put completely out of service for an undetermined amount of time.
edit on 4-10-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Well, the obvious logistical problem is that most people travelling from West Africa to the States aren't doing so via direct flights.

To quarantine all passengers from West Africa, you'd also have to quarantine everyone on their connecting flights as they've been theoretically exposed.

Furthermore, your solution assumes that everyone in West Africa has been exposed when the reality is that that the very vast majority have not been.

And that's even before you get to the logistical and financial implications of quarantining possibly hundreds of thousands of people. If you're not willing to quarantine all the passengers who have enclosed air contact with all West African travellers, the idea won't work.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
We need a Quarantine International Airport. The idea would be any flights arriving from ANY country with Ebola will land there. People arriving from these places would then spend 30 days (or what ever it takes) under observation before being allowed in the country. If you like you can make it resort like. Bottom line protecting America from Ebola outbreak is more important than protecting those who want to put themselves at risk by traveling to dangerous places with disease this deadly.

At least this way your not putting the needs of the few ahead of the needs of the rest of us.

I agree with you
It would take an international effort. I don't know if it would completely stop the spread of the virus. But it would definitely slow it down..

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: KingIcarus

Yep, that is easy,

IF you originate from or have been to one of these nations, you are not not allowed to fly to the US for 30 days.

Easy enough. You cannot get on the plane.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

This morning I heard that '85 people control half the worlds wealth'. By action or inaction they are responsible for the wars, poverty and servitude that plague the world today.

The don't care if you or a million others die of some jungle juice.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It's not a bad idea, but the logistics of it are huge.

If the UK was infected (say) but I was determined to get to America, I'd just travel to France and fly from Paris. The US would have no way of knowing unless they banned all UK passport holders.

I genuinely think a total flight ban would be the only way a true quarantine could be achieved.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, this new strain of Ebola appears to be manipulated to have a much longer incubation period. Longer incubation periods mean that there is more spreading of it before it becomes obvious. I don't believe it just popped up like this as a matter of natural evolution. For example, colds and flu have been constantly mutating but their incubation period has always remained fairly stable.

Bringing it into the states now in the ways that they have been is a deliberate attempt to spread it here. There can be no other conclusion if one looks at how it is being handled by the government.

I'm getting mighty tired of them saying that a person has to have 'direct contact' via saliva, blood, vomit, etc., and then people who have had no direct contact per se are suddenly coming down with it. A prime example is the cameraman of NBC's Dr. Nancy Sniderman, who was over there with her just filming, and he comes down with it

www.washingtonpost.com...

I assume that he didn't get too close to anybody so how did he get it? Worse yet, their whole crew, including the good TV doctor who is often the mouth piece of medical propaganda and nonsense, is coming straight back to the US.

As for her own return after having been in contact with Mukpo, she said: “Because we know this is not a casually transmitted disease and because we don’t have any symptoms, we present zero to minimal risk. Our returning to the U.S. is a very, very minimal chance of getting anyone [else] sick.”

Awesome. These people should ALL be quarantined, but nobody seems to want to do that. This is what it looks like, and nobody in our government seems to give a damn what they're letting loose on the western world.

WARNING: GRAPHIC PICTURE....SCROLL ON BY IF YOU GET FREAKED OUT EASILY...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Or just stop flights?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Just a temporary ban on flights would be good enough. imo.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Seems to me if they could stop all flights over a terrorist threat like 911,then they should be able to ban flights coming from west African countries,even from connecting flights. Should just go by your visa to see where you have been,if you have been in those countries,guess what? You get a longer vacation.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

[...]The idea would be any flights arriving from ANY country with Ebola will land there.
[...]
Bottom line protecting America from Ebola outbreak is more important than protecting those who want to put themselves at risk by traveling to dangerous places with disease this deadly.

Umm.... So any American citizen would be quarantined for 30 days on their way to [insert destination]? I mean, since we're one of the ANY countries with Ebola now.

It's a two way street, pal.

And like I said a few months ago... "Why fly when you can sail?"

top topics

join