It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#FeelingNuts: is the new ice bucket challenge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
For those of you who were so sick and tired of the ice bucket challenge for ALS & thought:
A) It had nothing to do with ALS
B) It was a complete waste of water

Then the newest challenge going viral for a type of cancer awareness will surely make you happy

The UK-based testicular cancer awareness group Check One Two has men from all over the world posting photos of themselves grabbing their own crotches this week as part of its aptly named #feelingnuts campaign.

While the initial challenge appears to have been issued in early August on Twitter, the campaign has exploded on social media in recent days, thanks largely to attention from celebrities like Hugh Jackman, Ricky Gervais and William Shatner.

Jackman got the ball(s) rolling on Wednesday when he tweeted the following image of himself and three friends (one of them being America's Next Top Model judge Nigel Barker) grabbing their own crotches, while challenging Neil Patrick Harris, Michael Strahan and Gervais to do the same

A guy grabbing his balls for testicular cancer must be better than someone dumping tons of ice water on them for ALS. The campaign actually matches the awareness.

I hope that this brings in lots of money for testicular cancer and helps to raise more awareness for testicular cancer.

#FeelingsNuts: Crotch-grabbing campaign for testicular cancer

For more information on testicular cancer, visit this link: Testicular cancer- Wiki

Any guys have the balls to take part in this campaign?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure dumping ice water for the ALS challenge did have something to do with ALS. But I agree, it was a waste of water. I was personally happy that awareness was being raised, as ALS hits home for me. My grandfather on my mothers side died from it.

I'm also happy that awareness is being raised for testicular cancer. It's about time. Through the year we really only hear about people trying to raise awareness for breast cancer, and it's a relief to know that people understand there are other diseases out that that could also use awareness. May is Lupus awareness month, but we don't see people raising awareness for that. October is Spina Bifida awareness month, but we don't see people raising awareness for that, either. For a long time, it seemed like it was breast cancer awareness all year long. And I agree, we need to raise awareness for that, there are just other things, too.

As far as these challenges go, I understand the point. I understood the point with the ice bucket challenge, and I understand the point with this one. But I'll be honest with you. I got really tired of seeing the videos and being tagged. And I can guarantee that I will also get really annoyed with seeing men grabbing their crotches. Just donate to the cause if you believe in it. I donated twenty dollars for ALS. Not because I didn't want to do the challenge. But because no amount of water over your head is going to help in the research to help prevent it. The same goes for this challenge. You can grab your nuts all you want, but it's not helping someone who has testicular cancer.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

Most of the complaints I saw on here was how people didn't think that the ice bucket challenge had anything to do with ALS but those are the people who have not had a family member with ALS. My Uncle passed away from ALS & he deteriorated fast. His family was so happy when they saw the ice bucket challenge start up & how huge it got. It was really great to see how much money was raised, even if not all of it goes to research.

I agree that not enough illnesses/cancers get enough attention. We get to focused on prostate cancer for guys and breast cancer for ladies that we forget about all the other ones. All I know about October is that it is breast cancer awareness month but that's pretty much year round. Testicular cancer is just as important as prostate cancer, imo.

I won't grow tired of seeing this one, just like I didn't grow tired of the ice bucket challenge. Sure most people will probably be doing it without donating money but it still is helping to shine some light on a form of cancer that hardly gets any attention. Let it live in the spotlight until it eventually dies out.

new topics

join