It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC have not contacted second family in Ebola 'quarantine' for 24 hours - and now they are sneezin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
We have the patents. I think they got it pretty well figured out

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
edited: I add nothing to the discussion.

not even encouragement??

k

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

ya but u dont have the newest strain,,, cause thats those people hokd up in those apartments,,,if it mutated,,your patents mean squat.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome
Ebola is not a blood born pathogen. When Ebola infects a person, it tends to reside in the soft tissue of the body. So if there were to attempt to get samples, then it would have to be from the internal organs, and from what I understand that is a bit painful. There are trace signs in the blood, but nothing concrete. The best sign of such would be the red eyes, as that means the blood vessels in the eyes are breaking down and the infection is rampant. Ultimately, they are going to have to take the proactive step of dealing with these people and put them under strict quarantine. And get out to those who have come in contact with these people on how to keep or even create as seril of an environment as possible, for them to be in.

Also the CDC and health officials need to take responsibility for all of those in the quarantine area, like ensuring they have the basic needs, food, power, some for of entertainment for the mind, and someone on hand to deal with emergencies as they come up. And as sad as it is, they are going to need items to help dispose of bodies and items, along with heavy chemicals, to clean up after all is said and done.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
But it is not a new strain, it is one of the first strains that is what is being dealt with, this is Ebola Zaire.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I can't remember what page it is on but this is a new strain. Also, for anyone interested I think this is what a lot of you have been saying all along.

The CDC Ebola patents and an explanation for their recent behavior

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

But it is not a new strain, it is one of the first strains that is what is being dealt with, this is Ebola Zaire.

Oh, but genetically, this strain is already so much different than the Ebola Zaire strain that it is considered a new strain, with a longer incubation period than any past strain of Ebola, including the reference strain Ebola Zaire! There are som many genetic point differences that it cannot be consdered the same as the one that had a 3-5 day incubation period, it is more adapted to human hosts as well.

This is NOT Ebola Zaire, that is just more disinformation!

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

Do you have a link handy for that? I'm too lazy to go back and look for it

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Do you have any links or information to that effect that would indicate that this is not Ebola Zaire? After all there are only 6 different strains of this virus out there, and it would help to know which one that is there. Each strain being slightly different than the other, so if you have information please do share.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
According to the sources I am reading, the incubation is between 12.5 days on up to 21 days for Ebola Zaire. The incubation period is also depends on the person as well. If they are healthy or have an immune system that is fighting harder and have no other infections, it would account for the longer time. But the 21 days is the longest while the average is 12.5 days.

It is like the flu, some people when infected with the flu, will come down and show symptoms and signs faster than others, it is merely an average.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
edited: I add nothing to the discussion.

not even encouragement??

k

Good luck?

You'll have to forgive me if I don't shake your hand though.
edit on 4-10-2014 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: clenz
Just a ridiculous thing to say. You can't be certain of that, sorry.

No, you really can. It has a 75% mortality rate. Maybe with our improved infrastructure and access to medicine we can reduce that a bit, and make it spread less but it is what it is. All things considered though a 75% chance isn't that bad, we take those chances with cancer (which most of us will get) and with HIV (which most of us hopefully won't get). If it happens, it happens.

originally posted by: ketsuko
Let's feel sorry for them and let them out of quarantine now that they don't feel good.

Stupid government. This is why one big federal government doesn't make everything better. They have to constantly call and wait for approval from the top instead of making quick decisions right on the ground.

Quarantine isn't pleasant for anyone involved and that's too bad but with some diseases it's just the best we can do. I was once in quarantine for two months with a major illness as a kid. It's like being sent to prison when you did nothing wrong. However, sometimes it needs to happen and to be perfectly uncaring and blunt the feelings of the person getting isolated shouldn't factor into it at all. In the end it's safer for them (no mobs out to get them in an outbreak) and it's safer for us (no disease spread).

originally posted by: clenz
I have been watching the news, and although things are poor, they aren't hopeless. Quite frankly I'm getting pretty tired of hearing how "most of us wont make it" etc etc. That kind of thinking sure is uplifting. In your opinion should I quit school and just enjoy my "last moments" on this earth?

So, no, don't sugar coat things if you don't want to, but don't tell me I'm about to lose "most" of the people i care about in the coming years.

All things in this world are impermanent. Sooner or later it will all be gone, the only difference is in how long it takes. My advice: Don't worry about it. Do the best that you can for yourself and your community and whatever happens after that, happens.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I heard this story being reported today. The family has finally been able to move out of the apartment and into a place they can have some privacy and dignity. Let's keep lifting prayers for their good health.
abcnews.go.com...

My concern remains however---why did it take so long to get them out of the contaminated apartment? Why didn't the CDC know to hook up with the Red Cross to get them out immediately?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I just read that article and wow. they moved potentially infected people out of a saturated apartment into a house in a gated community and didn't even tell those who live in said community that potential carriers of Ebola are there?

ahaha this just gets worse and worse and worse and worse and worse....... oh dear lord. The incompetence of the American CDC is just..... lordie we are all doomed.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Its not really any problem people.

3000 people die in Africa - meh, lets just isolate them and try to deal with it
3 people die in USA - OMG GLOBAL DISASTER OF HORRIFIC PROPORTIONS [expect an Ebola cure within 30 days].

Nothing to worry about.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I didnt know the dude had been working with ebola patients hmmm, I'm guessing as he worked in that field news would have spread about the experimental cure! Then say he rips his suit or someone coughs on his while not wearing it and he knows there is a good chance he's exposed... Then thinks hmmm if I go to america, maybe I can get the cure!

I also thought they should be isolated from each other! So stupid to keep them all together jeez.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I don't think that coughing and sneezing are symptoms of Ebola, but it is very sad they are stuck at home and not getting health care of they are sick.

The chilling part of the article linked in the OP: www.dailymail.co.uk... Is the picture of the car all covered up and roped off. This is yet another sign of how contagious this disease is. If it could only be transferred through direct contact to bodily fluids as some claim, they would have no need to lock down a vehicle.

You are right about the coughing and sneezing. Ebola attacks the liver so the body tries to get rid of it through vomiting, feces and blood. I think describing it's symptoms as 'flu like' has misinformed alot of people who are insisting that means it is spread just like flu. Yes there will be aches and fever etc. but is not a respiratory illness like flu! Hopefully the family have something else much less serious.

The car being taped up doesn't contradict anything we have been told about how it's spread. It can live for days in body fluids so making everything off limits the family touched makes complete sense.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog

I can't remember what page it is on but this is a new strain. Also, for anyone interested I think this is what a lot of you have been saying all along.

The CDC Ebola patents and an explanation for their recent behavior

That 'article' just says the US have a patent on a different strain of Ebola. It's a natural news opinion piece with no evidence whatsoever that the strain this family have been exposed to is that particular strain or any new strain.

Natural news sells stuff, they like to do a bit of fear mongering to get people buying. The guy that runs it did an article on how he made a huge effort to make as much money as possible from his website, I wouldn't trust their information as far as I could throw the guy!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DrHammondStoat

Go type in ebolabun in google. Tell me what you think the cdc wants a patent for after you read it. You have a point but so does this article. Keep in mind this was written before the incident and this article predicted it

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
Ebola is not a blood born pathogen. ... There are trace signs in the blood, but nothing concrete.

The virus may be acquired upon contact with blood or bodily fluids of an infected human or other animal.

This from Mayo Clinic

Ebola and Marburg hemorrhagic fevers are difficult to diagnose because early signs and symptoms resemble those of other diseases, such as typhoid and malaria. If doctors suspect you have Ebola or Marburg viruses, they use blood tests to quickly identify the virus.

www.mayoclinic.org...

Reassuring how much the 'police' know about this situation.

edit

What is it with government workers and disinformation.

edit2

I misread the handle. I thought this was the one of the police posters. If not, my apology sdcigarpig.

edit on 10/5/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/5/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join