It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC have not contacted second family in Ebola 'quarantine' for 24 hours - and now they are sneezin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

If it could only be transferred through direct contact to bodily fluids as some claim, they would have no need to lock down a vehicle.

Why do all the news outlets keep saying that it can only be transferred by direct contact? Hard to know who to believe to be honest.

There are so many reports and videos doing the rounds saying it can be transferred by air.

Which is it?

CX.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Im sure if the family members are already sick, well its most likely curtains for them anyway. And since when IS the CDC in the love and kindness category? May as well be the FDA that is taking care of them. Also something for thought,.. if the powers that be were willing to kill thousands of people in the WTC demolition they sure as hell dont care about a few thousand more to promote a deadly disease or a vaccine bankroll.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
a reply to: loam
And if you did put it in fiction, the pre-pub reviewers at PW and Kirkus would tear the author to shreds, not to mention
civilian reviewers at Amazon and Goodreads.

That's because you'd be assuming that everything that could be done to contain the virus would be done. I think the laxity in containment measures looks intentional. If any real effort to halt the spread of the disease were being made, you would see flamethrowers being used for clean-up, not power washers.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
They really have to explain what "YOLO" means in the article? They treat the guy wearing that t-shirt like it's some kind of important message or something. It's simply a popular catch phrase these days that young people use all the time.

Weird. That story really amps up the drama with the little boy peering out the window. At least they have food, water, TV and electricity.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: clenz

Definitely cannot be certain about it.

But...it is easy to speculate with some certainty there is a 50 - 70% chance they will not make it.

That seems to be proving itself over and over again by the thousands.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Seems a reasonable thing to say based on the evidence.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You misunderstand my annoyance with her statement. I'm not upset about stating the fact the mortality rate is 50-70%, that I am aware of. What bothers me is constantly being told that we personally are all gonna get wiped out by the end of this month or something.

But we've already gone over this, people can react how they want.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

In the next month would be near on impossible but i have not read anyone saying we will all be wiped out in a month and for sure not constantly.

we must be reading different posts

edit on 3-10-2014 by joho99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

Because most people don't understand what medical professionals are saying when they talk about a cough or a sneeze.

To a doctor, when you are coughed on directly, say your coworker unloads a wet one and sprays you, that is direct contact even though the big droplets Ebola needs travel by air to land on you.

A truly airborne disease is one that can get even up into the ducts so that a coworker who sneezes a floor away from you can infect you. No one with Ebola can do that. They have to be right there with you, beside you, in direct contact with you. Or you have to have direct contact with their contaminated body fluids, not airborne particulates.

And a heavy droplet is not a particulate.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: joho99

In the next month would be near on impossible but i have not read anyone saying we will all be wiped out in a month and for sure not constantly.

we must be reading different posts

Gah, I was exagerating. Now you're just antagonizing.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'm in the D/FW metro area (Dallas/Ft. Worth).

Saw two people at a target with face masks and gloves on while doing their shopping.

I've got the ultrasonic cleaner and 10lbs of l-ascorbate just arrived today.

Going to be making my first batch of lipo soon

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

how on earth am i supposed to tell you are exaggerating in text?

So when you say a month how many months do you mean?

edit on 3-10-2014 by joho99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Ebola won't and can't spread unless you're just bathing yourself in the vomit or blood of the infected. Apparently they do that in Africa, but it's not going anywhere in the states.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I don't think that coughing and sneezing are symptoms of Ebola, but it is very sad they are stuck at home and not getting health care of they are sick.

The chilling part of the article linked in the OP: www.dailymail.co.uk... Is the picture of the car all covered up and roped off. This is yet another sign of how contagious this disease is. If it could only be transferred through direct contact to bodily fluids as some claim, they would have no need to lock down a vehicle.

they would have no need to lock down a vehicle

So u know for a FACT
that he didn't puke or shiite on the seat??

ya id rather lock it down,,

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace
Ebola won't and can't spread unless you're just bathing yourself in the vomit or blood of the infected. Apparently they do that in Africa, but it's not going anywhere in the states.

Ok one more time. You are wrong:
or those of you who think that fear mongering or undue worry is going on:
a repeat of one of my former posts:

What does it take to be exposed to Ebola
which is very highly contagious if any body fluid gets on you from someone at the airport who has taken ibuprofen to control their symptoms and fool the airport screeners?

The CDC says it is not airborne, because technically it is not, airborne in disease terms means the virus is small enough to travel more than a few feet in a sneeze or cough. The Ebola virus is large and falls within 3-4 feet of a sneeze and so is not technically airborne.

However, the cough and sneeze radius:
would include anyone on the airplane to either side of the ill person also, the people behind and in front of the ill person. exposed

Sitting in the airport lounge waiting for a flight, anyone within a 3-4 foot radius if the sick person sneezes or coughs. exposed

Using the urinal at the airport , the guy who is ill standing next to you sneezes or coughs or splashes urine on your bare skin. exposed

Passing by you on a airplane on the way to the restroom, a sneeze or cough, exposed

Standing next to you waiting for luggage, sneeze or cough, exposed

Standing next to you in line getting on the plane or off, or in the security line, sneeze or cough, exposed

In an elevator with you anywhere in the airport and sneezes or coughs, exposed.

Standing within 3 feet of you anywhere and sneezes or coughs, exposed.

Also, if the person who is ill gets any bodily fluid on their hands:
whatever they touch will carry the germ
long enough (estimates between 8-15 hours)

if someone who is ill and didn't just wash their hands after sneezing, coughing, using the restroom, touching their eyes or mouth, sweating and you touch it within 8 hours after they do:

for instance touches a restroom slide , exposed

touches the top of an airplane seat, exposed

touches a door handle in the airport, exposed

all within 8-15 hours after the ill person touches it, exposed

The CDC guy on Chris Matthews show
would not say that you could not catch it from
fever sweat that touches and arm rest or seat cushion, exposed

Think I am being a fear monger? Take a look at this.
Instructions for laboratory workers and health care workers:

SOURCES/SPECIMENS: Blood, serum, urine, respiratory and throat secretions, semen, and organs or their homogenates from human or animal hosts Footnote 1 Footnote 2 Footnote 53.
COMMUNICABILITY: Communicable as long as blood, body fluids or organs, contain the virus. Ebolavirus has been isolated from semen 61 to 82 days after the onset of illness, and transmission through semen has occurred 7 weeks after clinical recovery Footnote 1 Footnote 2 Footnote 59 Footnote 60.
Ebolavirus dried onto glass, polymeric silicone rubber, or painted aluminum alloy is able to survive in the dark for several hours under ambient conditions (between 20 and 250C and 30–40% relative humidity) (amount of virus reduced to 37% after 15.4 hours), but is less stable than some other viral hemorrhagic fevers (Lassa) Footnote 53. When dried in tissue culture media onto glass and stored at 4 °C, Zaire ebolavirus survived for over 50 days Footnote 61.
PHYSICAL INACTIVATION: Ebola are moderately thermolabile and can be inactivated by heating for 30 minutes to 60 minutes at 60°C (140 degrees F), boiling for 5 minutes, or gamma irradiation (1.2 x106 rads to 1.27 x106 rads) combined with 1% glutaraldehyde Footnote 10 Footnote 48 Footnote 50.
www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

Canadian Health Department and CDC statements:
The Canadian Health Department states that airborne transmission of Ebola is strongly suspected and the CDC admits that Ebola can be transmitted in situations where there is no physical contact between people, i.e.: via direct airborne inhalation into the lungs or into the eyes, or via contact with airborne fomites which adhere to nearby surfaces. That helps explain why 81 doctors, nurses and other healthcare workers have died in West Africa to date.
www.americanthinker.com...

Observation: It appears the US CDC is purposely lying to the American public about Ebola.

If it is so hard to catch, then how did Docs in haz mat suits catch it in Africa? They certainly weren't touching patients.

This is far nastier stuff than the American public is being told,

we need to close our borders to people from infected countries until the pandemic is over,

and to protect ourselves,

shut down everywhere infected people have been in the US for 21 days,
harsh, yes, hurt the economy, probably,

but that is better than millions upon millions of deaths.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I don't think that coughing and sneezing are symptoms of Ebola, but it is very sad they are stuck at home and not getting health care of they are sick.

The chilling part of the article linked in the OP: www.dailymail.co.uk... Is the picture of the car all covered up and roped off. This is yet another sign of how contagious this disease is. If it could only be transferred through direct contact to bodily fluids as some claim, they would have no need to lock down a vehicle.

direct contact to bodily fluids,,what do u think coughing and sneezing are made of?? body fluids maybe??

its called SNOT.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
edited: I add nothing to the discussion.
edit on 3-10-2014 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
And so it begins...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Living in the area and paying attention to what all is going on, based off of the information that is presented the following can be stated:

What all did this woman believe was going to happen, or the man for that matter? He lied to health officials when he left his home country and flew out of it, on a plane and ended up in Dallas. He did assist and come in contact with those who had this disease and then lied about it. Do I feel sorry for him, no I do not. He should not have left Liberia, until this was all contained and the chances of passing it on had passed. And his family knew where he was coming from, they did not think that he might be infected, rather they welcomed him in with open arms. Now there is a chance that they are infected and are under quarantine.

The reality is that the health officials should have removed them from the apartment and put them under isolation in solitary. That means that they all should be in their own rooms, isolated from each other, in a cold and sterile environment, with very little contact with anyone for 21 days, under constant surveillance. That is what one does with someone who is infected with a level 4 bio hazard.

The lack of communication on both sides is pathetic. They told the family they could not leave, and they did, several times. It was not until they were told about going to jail they stopped trying to leave. The health authorities botched the entire operation up to the point where people were put at risk, and right now the authorities are now starting to get their act together, and act in a responsible manner. The entire family should have been put in the hospital and under constant care, treating them as if they were infected ,getting them ready for the worst, and ultimately preparing to deal with such in an attempt to prevent them from dyeing.

And the general population is tied of this crap, there is an general feeling of nervousness about this. All that it will take is 2 or 3 people getting sick from this man, who is not in his family and all bets are off and it will be mass chaos and panic. Do you honestly think that the government will be able to protect the city of Dallas/Fort Worth, or its citizens? No they will not.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

i dont know why all the top Imunoligists are not studying the crap outta these people,,,,under a controlled enviroment,,,

beyond belief,,,

id be taking bood samples and swabs, every ten minutes,,just too verifiey Viral Cell Count, how fast does it multiply????
,u know 21 days, tops out,,

study opportunity is there,, unless they already figured that out,,,since,,

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join