It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIV's origins traced to Kinshasa in 1920s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
HIV's origins traced to Kinshasa in 1920's

New study suggest that HIV's pandemic spread started in the 1920s and has fueled by Belgian made railroads and changes in the sex trade in what is now the Republic of Congo.

A new genetic history of HIV shows how the pandemic almost certainly took root in the 1920s in Kinshasa in the Democratic Republic of Congo, researchers said Thursday.

Assisted by train transport and the sex trade, the virus that causes AIDS then spread across the continent and eventually the world, infecting some 75 million people and killing 36 million of them.

An international team of researchers reconstructed the genetic history of the HIV-1 group M pandemic, and found that the common ancestor of group M is "highly likely" to have emerged in Kinshasa around 1920.

So I guess it is possible that the boy in the plastic bubble could have had an HIV infection and also that the idea that HIV is manmade is out the window unless you believe that man's biological sciences were a lot more sophisticated in the 1920s.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is all over the MSM and it reeks of a hidden agenda.

Time, BBC, Reuters, Newsweek, National Geographic, etc.

I have found most of the time, that believing the opposite of propaganda is usually the best course of action.

Until I see a source with some credibility, I will assume it's just more of the same ol' Deja Poo...

AIDS is a scam: More than 10,000 scientists admit it

Since 1984, the mainstream media have been giving us only one side of the AIDS story-the officially approved side.

Alan Cantwell, MD - "The mixing of AIDS facts and fallacies has long been apparent to researchers like myself who are convinced that HIV did not come from Mother Nature and “species jumping” but was most likely introduced via contaminated vaccine experiments exclusively targeting the Black African and the American Gay community

AIDS and HIV: Lies, Cover-up, Deception, Profits and Genocide

In order to give you a fuller and complete understanding of one of the biggest scams to hit mankind, I have posted the link to a documentary called HIV=AIDS, Fact Or Fraud? This is the best documentary to date that I have seen that goes into and exposes this HIV/AIDS fraud.

The Real Cause Of AIDS

The real cause of AIDS are the drugs that are administered to people who have contracted the HIV virus. It is the drugs you are given that are supposed to “slow down” the so called “mutation” of HIV, that batter and kill your immune system, not the HIV itself. These drugs are what is killing the people, the drugs are the cause of AIDS. Yet again big pharma rears its ugly head and has no shame in giving people poison for a harmless condition.

The Cure For HIV/AIDS

This is the most simple part of all, STOP TAKING THE DRUGS THAT YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN, THE DRUGS ARE WHAT IS KILLING YOU, NOT THE VIRUS, YOU HAVE BEEN LIED TO.

The HIV/AIDS Conspiracy – Lies, More Lies

edit on 3-10-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
But, but...the government made it!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
So according to the article, people had HIV for decades, but it was small groups of people who remained in their local vicinities. Then sometime around the 1960's, due to changes in the geopolitical environment HIV was able to spread more rapidly.

I still find it hard to believe that this thing was affecting individuals as far back as the Great Depression, without it being discovered until '81.

This is just my opinion though. Great post by the way. Thanks for sharing
a reply to: feldercarb

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

So according to the article, people had HIV for decades, but it was small groups of people who remained in their local vicinities. Then sometime around the 1960's, due to changes in the geopolitical environment HIV was able to spread more rapidly.

Yes, it was called air transport. IT was in the 60s that regular air travel became cheap enough for an 'average' person to use. Fits in perfectly with that timeline actually.

I often wondered if that and other infections were already around but people simply chalked them up to 'bad spirits' or something. Even today, hepatitis infections are rampant in some communities and they don't realize its an infectious disease.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

So in other words a great analogue for Ebola which was also from the Congo? Except we've known about Ebola since the 70s and didn't figure out HIV until it was already in America. The timing of this is odd.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It makes sense if you take into consideration that most of the area where it started is rural and also that the virus is spread only by commingling of bodily fluid. Most doctors even today will just give you an antibotic if you complain of being sick. Also, HIV does not show symptoms, other disease manifest due to a lower immune system. Doctors would conclude that the person died due to their symptons and not due to an HIV infection. Until medicine became advance enough to know which disease are fatal on their own and which need a compromised immune system to thrive, it would be easy to dismiss that there was some deeper reason for the patient's symptoms. Thus, early cases of HIV fueled deaths would be misdiagnosed.

Additionally, before the 1960s there were few hospitals or centers were viruses were being examined. In Africa there would be no resources to examine viruses. Thus, the thought of a virus causing other diseases to become fatal would never have crossed the minds of the medical professionals at that time. Only when there was a pandemic of HIV infections could enough data be collected to determine that HIV was behind the multitude of illnesses.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

So in other words a great analogue for Ebola which was also from the Congo? Except we've known about Ebola since the 70s and didn't figure out HIV until it was already in America. The timing of this is odd.

HIV doesn't take you from healthy to hemmorhaging from the orifices 3 week following infection, though. In fact, almost all cases of AIDs related death, the actual death is caused by an secondary infection or affliction. If you have a virus that kills you within a month of transmission, it's going to recieve a lot more attention than one which takes years.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
shows how the polio vacc was being made and how there may be possible connection to HIV virus... Interesting documentary

Scientist observed denying using chimpanzee kidneys but chimpanzees were recorded being used instead of a smaller primate for kidney extraction because the larger primate chimp kidney would produce more due to size... Original monkey meant to be used seen at 9:22&15:30 monkeys later used chimps 17:10
edit on 10/3/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Dr. Peter Duesberg is probably the best source out there for reliable info about the invention of AIDS...

HIV does not cause AIDS.... The point that everyone is missing is that all of those original papers Gallo wrote on HIV have been found fraudulent.... The HIV hypothesis was based on those papers. ~ Peter Duesberg

"AIDS (is) not infectious--but caused by recreational and anti-HIV drugs." ~ Peter H. Duesberg Ph.D.

It is well known that for more than 25 years the opinions of so-called dissident scientists such as Professors Peter Duesberg and Henry Bauer were never allowed in mainstream conferences and any voice questioning the role of HIV in causing AIDS was systematically shut off.

The End of Dissent

This is a clip from "HIV=AIDS: Fact or Fraud?". In this clip Dr. Duesberg is being interviewed. Dr. Duesberg (full Professor at University of California, Berkeley) is perhaps the best retrovirologist in the world. He discovered the oncogene (the gene that causes cancer) and he decoded for the first the genome of retro-viruses, creating a map that is used by every retro-virologist in the world researching retroviruses.

In this clip 10 scientific arguments are presented why HIV cannot cause AIDS. Arguments/questions that haven't been answered till today. Dr. Duesberg is not alone. Top scientists and Nobel Prize winners agree with him, like: Dr. Rasnick, that discovered the protease inhibitors that are being used as HIV drugs. Dr Mullis a nobel prize winner, invented the PCR, the method being used to detect viruses (including HIV). Richard Strohman, professor at the department of Cell Biology in University of California, Berkeley. Nobel prize winner Dr. Walter Gilbert from Harvard University and dr. Charles Thomas, a Molecular Biologist and former Professor of Biochemistry at Harvard University.

Those scientists claim that whoever doesn't support the hypothesis that HIV causes AIDS gets no funding for his research, so young scientists don't even dare to oppose the HIV=AIDS hypothesis anymore. Dr Duesberg even calls them "prostitutes".

One of the leading voices in the movement opposing the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is Dr. Peter Duesberg, a renowned virologist with a PhD in chemistry, currently working at the University of California in Berkley. He and other scientists have put their reputations on the line in order to pose some fundamental questions. While not questioning the existence of AIDS but rather the means through which it is acquired, he says that there is still no hard proof that HIV is responsible for AIDS. In this interview, Peter will explain how he came to this conclusion according to his research.

We'll discuss the mysterious and confusing aspects of the virus. Also, we talk about the term HIV, the virus latency period, what happens after infection and the immune system. Peter discusses the infection rate in Africa and the "germ theory epidemic that never happened." There is not one documented case of a doctor becoming infected while treating AIDS patients. Therefore, Peter tells us how lifestyle is the major cause of this virus, not a contagion. Later, we talk about the incentives within AIDS research, the drugs used to treat it, the vaccine and why AIDS research is going nowhere.

edit on 3-10-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Because HIV presents its self differently... In ebola people are always (usually) bleeding from their eyes and other or places... pretty easy to spot huh?

HIV people die in a myriad of ways and present a myriad of symptoms.

People that think HIV is engineered just need to hurry up and buy my magical rocks from my backyard guaranteed to ward off all evil.

To be honest I am not even sure that today we have the technology to engineer a retro virus. Herpes, HIV and other retroviruses are pretty darn complex. Great thread S&F
edit on 3-10-2014 by ArmyOfNobunaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

HIV doesn't take you from healthy to hemmorhaging from the orifices 3 week following infection, though. In fact, almost all cases of AIDs related death, the actual death is caused by an secondary infection or affliction. If you have a virus that kills you within a month of transmission, it's going to recieve a lot more attention than one which takes years.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga
People that think HIV is engineered just need to hurry up and buy my magical rocks...

NOT a big KoolAid fan...

Mass media is the most powerful tool used by the ruling class to manipulate the masses. It shapes and molds opinions and attitudes and defines what is normal and acceptable.

Mind Control Theories and Techniques

These people, it turns out, are operating from what I called The Gullible Mind. It is a psychological processing malfunction that filters out information based on its source rather than its integrity. People who operate from The Gullible Mind tend to have misplaced trust in governments, institutions, mainstream news networks, doctors, scientists or anyone who wears the garb of apparent authority.

But how does this work inside their heads? It's an interesting process. Gullible Mind people do believe it is possible for a government (or institution) to lie; but they believe that governments, institutions and doctors choose NOT to lie even when it would serve their own self interests to do so. Follow this carefully, because this is the fascinating part. These Gullible Mind people effectively believe that even though a government official could lie about something, they would never actually do so.

The gullible mind explained

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Now color me crazy, but I thought the origins of HIV were traced back to the early 1900s, where it was discovered that for some "unknown" reason, the virus was extracted from primates (which they are asymptomatic carriers) and added to vaccines as a sort of stabilizer. These vaccines were shipped over to Africa, and the virus inside the vaccines then mutated to the human virus HIV that we have today......I can't find the thread that contained this information, but it was posted on this site with sources a few years ago

join