It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time-Travellers or Extre-Terrestrials?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I have been watching Contact in the Desert on Youtube which has a series of lectures given by some of the top names in Ufology. It seems Howe is adopting the Time-Traveller theory; however, she seems to contradict herself when adopting wholesale explanations of Progenitors from Sirius and their descendents simultaneously. Has anyone else noticed this?

If the UFOs are people from the future then why claim at the same time they are from other worlds -- not to mention hybrids of those other worlds ruling the world and implanting even newer hybrids at the same time?!

To me this is such a blatant contradiction.

Even Richard Dolan, who I respected, seems to be getting more outlandish in his claims.

Does anyone have a different view concerning these contradictory claims?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seen2much

Can you link the video so we can watch and draw conclusions?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Yes, of course: www.youtube.com...

From what I read, one can "travel" to the future but to travel back in time is out of the question. It is important to keep this in mind when listening to the lecture.

edit on 3-10-2014 by seen2much because: Add on

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Those who told the story the first time, told the truth, or if not then lied. But it does not matter. Because, as this gets spinned godzillion times over and over, the tiny hint of sanity and angle of truth there might've been, even antroposophists would by now bend their heads left and right and say "it ain't there..."

There is life out there. There is future out there. However, thanks to their constant reminding, we are by now fully aware that our unfortunate lot is to still be here - in the past .. and on this rock.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
From just a high level perspective, without getting into the specifics of what Dolan has to say (and I have not seen the youtube lectures, but I will check them out) I'd say that I'd lean more towards entities from another planet or dimension at this point

1) Time travel is not a proven thing and many scientists believe that it would be impossible to travel into the past of any specific time line (dimension) but may be possible to travel forward

2) I think we all accept that there are millions of worlds out there where there is a chance of life, life has most certainly taken hold in another part of the universe. So the thought that there are more advanced species than ours is pretty likely. But then again, the distances/light speed argument about actually making it here.

I think it is a much greater likelyhood that these advanced civilizations have overcome the challenges of time vs. interstellar travel than humanity will ever overcome the time travel paradox.

That's just my personal opinion. I do not believe however that they have made contact with our government in a meaningful way or that we know who and what they are.

I really want to believe all of the hype about underground bases with aliens and humans working hand in hand doing experiments and such....I just don't think it's very likely. So that's my opinion at least...not sure if it helps you at all

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Nowyouseeme

I agree with almost everything you posted. I just cannot fathom how a reporter as astute as Howe contradicts herself so blatantly. Has the fetish for "newness" overpowered her and Dolan?

I would rather have 50 more years of quiet solid reporting which does not put a theory over the facts than a fantasy explanation that plays to a hungry audience.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Wow! 9 hours! I'll have to watch it in pieces, your OP has me intrigued. Thanks for linking it.

a reply to: Nowyouseeme

I'd say that I'd lean more towards entities from another planet or dimension at this point.

That's where I'm at too, just inter-dimensional not extraterrestrial. While I do believe in aliens and think our planet has been visited before, I lean more towards inter-dimensional entities being the most prevalent and extraterrestrials being quite rare.

edit on 3-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Fortunately, it is a recording of two of her lectures. I lean more to extra-dimensional theory as well which I do not think is mentioned once during the whole lecture.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It's from remembering past experiences and lives in different civilizations you can access by meditating. Some people perceive alien, angel, hybrid, or time traveler etc. none of that really matters. It just information and experience you pick out to change yourself into what you want to be. Your basically creating your past to effect your present and influence your future.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
In reply to Seen2much and Nowyouseeme:-
This is the enigma of time travel that you don't take into consideration. IF you can travel to the future then by extension to return to your present time you have to travel backwards in time. I think that is the main reason that science does not believe that time travel is possible in that to do so throws up more complex conundrums that you can shake a stick at.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I remember having an informal discussion about time travel around the time Back to the Future came out.

We are all travelling through time but have no control over it. What is more difficult to understand is the relationship to the movement through space. Time and space are intrinsically linked together.

Put very basically if you want to travel to the past (or the future) you also have to account for the movement of everything in the universe.

Say you want travel through time from a place on Earth and remain in that place on arrival in the future or past.

Then you have to solve the problem of how to move through time and calculate exactly where your place on Earth would be in the universe at your future or past destination.

Tricky stuff indeed. In fact if any race have mastered the manipulation of space/time then they probably are Masters of the Universe.

So if it us (humanity) then we did rather well for ourselves didn't we?

Here's a decent attempt at explaining Time Travel in Layman's terms

edit on 3/10/14 by mirageman because: added link

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

You beat me to it. It's hard to imagine a computer so complex that it could take all the variables into account to make sure you got even close to the planet. Then you have to worry about materializing inside a mountain, in the ocean, in a wall, in a horse, etc.

The only way I could see is if there were a transmitter-receiver set-up. But then, you couldn't travel to any point in time where there was no receiver.

I think a good idea for a book would be "Time War 2", where warring factions try to figure out a way to place receivers in an earlier point in time than their rivals. Whoever had the earliest receiver could erase their enemies from existence.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Another thing that is here and we see every now and then. Are they like the mole? I swear I've seen loads more ufos than moles, indeed have I ever seen a mole? Lots of mole hills but moles? Just one maybe in a trap.They are there like the mole but do we see them? Very rarely. Maybe we can't see them. I swear the whole ufo thing is too over our heads to comprehend. They just are there

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Yes - travelling to the future/past, even with a technology we can as yet not even get close to, is incredibly complex because you would need to predict how the orbital paths of every heavenly body (down to small rocks) and other celestial events would impact your temporal excursion.

The energy costs of such an experiment seem to be way beyond that of a rudimentary flux capacitor.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Given the dominance of skeptical opinion using our current understanding of physics as an excuse to hand wave away UFO reports I also use this skepticism against the time travel theorists.

Its far more plausible for extraterrestrials to reach us than time travelers. Right at this very moment we could land humans on Mars using our currently known space technology. We cannot send a human back in time at this moment.

ET should at least be able to accomplish space travel as we could. These theoretical ETs might have different ideas on infeasibility and actually spend generations out in space traveling from one solar system to another.

I won't totally discount time travel. Its just that space travel is already possible even by us.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You can travel to the future then back to the past. For instance you make some of the human species capable for long distance space flights, lets say a trip to another solar system or even galaxy, now when you send them there they would be going forward in time. And by the time they come back, they could be going back in time, simply because its likely that the original species which sent them across the cosmos have destroyed themselfs and rebuilt themselves a thousand times over in the few short hundred thousands of years, or million of years, it took them to take there trip across the cosmos. They the original species could have colonized hundreds of planets, but by the time they get back from such a trip, the original species could be back to the stone age, or who knows what. So technically when they get back they would have traveled back to there past.

I know, I know, technicalities that's not traveling back in time.

In all time does not necessarily exist in and of itself, and also it is not something that just came to be, although that time is a function of this existence and dimension it was created. Like duh! And here is the kicker, not all species or beings subscribe to believing in this thing called time.

So if your question is are they time travelers or extra terrestrials? I would say that "they" whoever "they" are, well between those two choices, then there likely some sort of time traveling extra terrestrials.

edit on 9pmSaturdaypm042014f6pmSat, 04 Oct 2014 21:03:16 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I know of an alien time traveller. He appears every week and has a blue box. He has recently just been regenerated and had all his twelve lives restored. He is practically 1,000 years old. He is known as The Doctor
Of course UNIT knows all about him!!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
After quite a few years of contemplating the subject, I tend to think that real UFOs and "aliens" represent our best attempts to explain something that is an aspect of reality that is beyond our ability to perceive and comprehend. It would be nice if it was something as simple as creatures from another planet, or time travelers from the future. Unfortunately, for people looking for "answers," I don't think that's the way it is. What good is an answer that is inherently beyond our ability to understand?

Like a dog trying to understand that his dog food comes from a store. "Store?" What does that even mean? A place where money is exchanged for things? What's "money?" A ghost that lives in a little plastic card?

Yes, that's right people. UFO aliens exist in a ----------------------. They --------------- and ---------------. What's so hard to understand?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Sweet Christmas Time Traveling Aliens!

Awesome to listen to a discussion on time travel and aliens. I just wonder if our society can do such wonderful things to in my lifetime, or will we be forever dumbed down like some kind of retards.
edit on 13-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Shifts in time? Interactions with humans from the future (or an alternate present)?

Now if we only understood what "time" was, we'd have it all figured out!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join