It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patient with Ebola Like Symptoms Reported at Howard Univ. Hospital in DC!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I just saw this reported on the news here in Dc so I don't have much information. This is getting scary now.

www.nbcwashington.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

just about to post this....i think people sometimes forget what the word exponential means...cause that is what is coming...thx for posting this

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Grim possibility, but not unexpected. S&F

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

just about to post this....i think people sometimes forget what the word exponential means...cause that is what is coming...thx for posting this

Had to get the word out right away.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Going by the twenty-one day rule, anyone who wants to travel from West Africa to anywhere else in the world should have a mandatory wait time of twenty-one days.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

By allowing air travel to and from these West African countries there has been a breach of national security, and now we're seeing the results of this.

If there were any "terrorist"-related national security issues, TPTB would raise a huge stink, employ the most scrutinizing tactics in the interest of national security.

And yet, with the ebola crisis, we are hearing more and more cases of people coming from the infected areas, with little being done to stop it.

It's absolutely ridiculous

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
From the link:

A patient with Ebola-like symptoms is being treated at Howard University Hospital, a hospital spokesperson confirms. The patient had traveled to Nigeria recently.

Didn't America used to have a place to quarantine people entering the country to prevent epidemics? I think it was called something like 'Ellis Island'.......

Might have been a good idea to bring that back. Oh, well....the train has already left the station.NVMD

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
From the link:

A patient with Ebola-like symptoms is being treated at Howard University Hospital, a hospital spokesperson confirms. The patient had traveled to Nigeria recently.

Didn't America used to have a place to quarantine people entering the country to prevent epidemics? I think it was called something like 'Ellis Island'.......

Might have been a good idea to bring that back. Oh, well....the train has already left the station.NVMD

North Brother Island or Rikers Island for quarentine. Rikers is now a prison. I think Typhoid Mary was on the former North Brother,

Ellis is where immigrants landed and they did have screening and quarentine procedures there too.
edit on 10/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

No. Perhaps you weren't around back when the H1N1 end-of-the-world discussions were flying around ATS. An extremely large number of conditions have 'ebola-like symptoms' and ER's/clinics around the country are handling any patient with these symptoms AND who has recently been in that part of the world as suspect. That's it. Over-abundance of caution given the current climate and especially with the cluster-frack that happened in the Dallas hospital. This is never going to become the widespread crisis that some fear-mongers here (and elsewhere) are whipping it up to be. Ain't gonna happen.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

By allowing air travel to and from these West African countries there has been a breach of national security, and now we're seeing the results of this.

If there were any "terrorist"-related national security issues, TPTB would raise a huge stink, employ the most scrutinizing tactics in the interest of national security.

And yet, with the ebola crisis, we are hearing more and more cases of people coming from the infected areas, with little being done to stop it.

It's absolutely ridiculous

Agreed. This is madness!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I really wouldn't worry unduly - there's going to be hundreds of reports like this because dozens of illnesses and diseases present with "Ebola-like" symptoms.

It becomes a news story when that person has also had some potential contact with a hot zone, but it's worth remembering that diseases like Malaria are hugely common in people who've travelled to such places and would present similar symptoms.

Obviously those people need isolating and testing, but it's worth keeping things in perspective.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

No. Perhaps you weren't around back when the H1N1 end-of-the-world discussions were flying around ATS. An extremely large number of conditions have 'ebola-like symptoms' and ER's/clinics around the country are handling any patient with these symptoms AND who has recently been in that part of the world as suspect. That's it. Over-abundance of caution given the current climate and especially with the cluster-frack that happened in the Dallas hospital. This is never going to become the widespread crisis that some fear-mongers here (and elsewhere) are whipping it up to be. Ain't gonna happen.

I hope you're right.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

From the lnk:

The patient had traveled to Nigeria recently.

The report I just heard on CNN said that he got off the plane exhibiting symptoms. Thats a bit different than "recently travelled".

Did this person fly into Dulles by any chance a couple weeks ago, just wondering. Here we have a Ebola case in Texas that recently flew into Dulles and switched planes there and now we have a patient 'maybe' with Ebola.

Any connection there you think? I have no idea, just wondering. It would of course require the news media to lie to us by saying patient is from Nigeria. The outbreak is being "contained" there, right?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Let's not forget Duncan wasn't the only one with ebola in DC in mid-September. Brantly was there too, testifying in front of Congress. Same day Obama flew to Atlanta to visit the CDC.

ETA: Yes Brantly is "cured" but....

edit on 10/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
And...Duncan had a 3 hour layover at Dulles International.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

2 cases in the USA and people start going panic stricken and bonkers!!

We in Europe have a lot more to worry about compared to you folks in the USA!

We are much nearer...

Come on... You dont hear about the rest of us here on this massive great planet getting our knickers in a twist!

Take it easy and relax... The weekend is here.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 3/10/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Should we be scared or applaud?

Perhaps someone is sending a message?

Seems to be a rather effective way to completely disrupt an already dysfunctional government.

I bet you'd see the strongest Ebola support campaign ever created... miracle vaccines would suddenly appear for our wonderful representatives that nobody else will ever see... and someone(s) will get filthy rich before riots on the streets break out.

~Namaste
edit on 3-10-2014 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
And...Duncan had a 3 hour layover at Dulles International.

Yep, and now this.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Well, maybe the only upside to this is - now that it may be in DC (which by the way hosted the African Summit just recently) - politicians will start demanding accountability and stricter measures to stop the spread.

But, in the back of my mind I'm thinking..."of course it's in DC." Why? Because CTers have been worried for a decade or more about martial law and nothing would usher it in faster than an outbreak in DC or NY.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

But the CDC reassured everyone in the beginning that there was no risk of infection because he was not contagious. Or was he? Guess we will find out soon enough.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join