It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Paramedic: We Weren’t Contacted After Working in Ebola Exposed Ambulance !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
With highly skilled people like this what is there to worry about ?

HOUSTON, Texas -- A Dallas paramedic claimed he drove the ambulance that the US Ebola patient was transported in and that he was not contacted by anyone about the potential exposure. He claims he drove the ambulance sometime after the patient was transported. The Dallas Fire Department left the ambulance that transported Ebola patient Thomas Duncan to the hospital in service for at least 48 hours before putting it in quarantine on Wednesday. The ambulance was exposed to the Ebola virus when Duncan was transported on September 28th.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I dont think its the skill of the paramedic thats in question, the people lacking in skill seem to be the people managing the situation and in charge of communication.
bad leadership=bad communication=casualties

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
I dont think its the skill of the paramedic thats in question, the people lacking in skill seem to be the people managing the situation and in charge of communication.

Damage control isn't going to work ... that's just an endless game of catch-up. Has that worked in Liberia? Hospitals in Liberia are telling people afflicted with Ebola to go home. That's going to happen in the US if this virus finds its little legs and starts to run.

We are woefully unprepared and the blame resides at the pinnacles of leadership.

Medical staff are 300 times more likely to contract Ebola than in any other job sector. How many of us do you think are dumb enough to go to work when this stuff starts hitting hard? You think somebody has the authority to force me into the hospital where I work? LOL Reminds me of this li'l tune.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Totally agree; it is the dispatchers and managers who did not take the ambulance out of service for detox that someone further up the food chain should have a very strong talking to.. Not to mention the hospital who turned the guy away with some antibiotic and sent him home when he first became sick..

Like I said with highly skilled professionals like these what's to worry ?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Damage control isn't going to work ... that's just an endless game of catch-up. Has that worked in Liberia? Hospitals in Liberia are telling people afflicted with Ebola to go home. That's going to happen in the US if this virus finds its little legs and starts to run.

We are woefully unprepared and the blame resides at the pinnacles of leadership.

Medical staff are 300 times more likely to contract Ebola than in any other job sector. How many of us do you think are dumb enough to go to work when this stuff starts hitting hard? You think somebody has the authority to force me into the hospital where I work? LOL Reminds me of this li'l tune.

No kidding ! And if the word ever gets out in a big way the stuff is now airborne.. ?? Let us just hope that does not happen !

Stay safe my friend !
edit on 3-10-2014 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I feel I'm going all 'keep off my lawn old man' here, but honestly can't anyone bother to do a decent job at anything these days? Specifically those in charge at the CDC...

Peoples lives are at risk, but the "I'll just leave it for the next shift to deal with because America's Top Pawn Cake DIY is on tonight" type of attitude is running rife. Is it lack of training? Lack of a salary to attract the best people? Who knows, but for gods sake take some pride in your work. No matter what it is you do, there is a social impact each and every one of us can make by showing we give a damn about each other.

So cross right now.

edit on 3-10-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
I feel I'm going all 'keep off my lawn old man' here, but honestly can't anyone bother to do a decent job at anything these days?

Peoples lives are at risk, but the "I'll just leave it for the next shift to deal with because America's Top Pawn Cake DIY is on tonight" type of attitude is running rife. Is it lack of training? Lack of a salary to attract the best people? Who knows, but for gods sake take some pride in your work. No matter what it is you do, there is a social impact each and everyone one of us can take by showing we give a damn about each other.

So cross right now.

Actually allot of truth in what you said.. I have often thought about micro management and government failings.. Some things are so micro managed that many of the lower rungs will not make a decision because either they themselves have taken the heat or one of their co-workers.. Easier just to pass it up stairs and be sure the log or paperwork is in order for CYA.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

What you say is not only on your side of the pond but also on ours. We have developed a culture of not my problem and no -one is to blame. I suspect its been nurtured by the politicians who think they should be exempt of anything they can't be bothered with or should be left alone to get their jollies at the expense of the tax payers.

Inefficiency permeats through everything today from solicitors services down to buying something on Amazon when the girl at the end of the designated phone line can only deal with certain things and not others - found out after an expensive and long phone call for help.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I don't think yall are understanding what this paramedic is saying. THEY NEVER CONTACTED THE AMBULANCE WORKERS! They lied at the press conference and said they did and that the workers were in reverse isolation.

Please correct me if I'm reading his wrong.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

have sent you a p.m

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

Thanks for reading the article and replying to the thread.

“Three days after the fact,” an exasperated Aklinski stated, “I had to demand exposure testing and they are reporting following up with all the people in the ambulance??? Bull crap!!! They haven’t even followed up with the ten firefighters that were on duty Sunday.”

With professionals on the lookout for Ebola like these...... "What's to worry"?
Anyone who thinks the government or any other agency is all professional and knows what they are doing... Well think about some of the recent disasters that have befallen our country and others .. Katrina.. The Hurricane and New Jersey Shores..

Are there good people in government; yes there are.. The problem is with all the political appointees which are incharge... from the lowest level brother-in law at some municipality to the Ambassador who is qualified because of campaign contributions from some sponsor.

After the order to stand down at Bengasi was given there were still two who knew what had to be done ... They gave their lives trying to protect others..

IMO this strain of Ebola is not to be taken lightly.. They tried that in Africa and said it would burn itself out... Now
some of these very same experts are saying, "worse case scenario 1.4 million by January"...

I really have a problem with ineptness, lies, and CYA B.S.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I read in another of the Ebola threads (they multiply like a virus) that the patient vomited in the ambulance. Anyone have information on this? If so, this spells trouble with a capital E for these workers.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
this is absolutely disgusting , this should be a criminal court case as more people will be exposed to a deadly virus than was needed,,this has smelly all over it,who in their right mind would let this ambulance continue to pick up patients like pregnant women

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The level of incompetence in the handling of this situation is just epic. Just when I think they might finally be getting it together more information comes out that they obviously are not. The list of failures, lies, and missteps is getting longer and more ridiculous by the day.

It's no wonder that nobody trusts anything these people are telling them anymore.

It took the news reporters badgering the CDC just to get them to do something about the contaminated apartment. They had a couple of guys with a pressure washer clean the contaminated sidewalk that wasn't even roped off to keep people back. The ambulance ran for two days after transporting the infected man. The hospital initially turned the sick patient away after telling them he had been to Liberia. The kids were supposed to be quarantined, but weren't. The list just goes on and on.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_
The level of incompetence in the handling of this situation is just epic. Just when I think they might finally be getting it together more information comes out that they obviously are not. The list of failures, lies, and missteps is getting longer and more ridiculous by the day.

It's no wonder that nobody trusts anything these people are telling them anymore.

It took the news reporters badgering the CDC just to get them to do something about the contaminated apartment. They had a couple of guys with a pressure washer clean the contaminated sidewalk that wasn't even roped off to keep people back. The ambulance ran for two days after transporting the infected man. The hospital initially turned the sick patient away after telling them he had been to Liberia. The kids were supposed to be quarantined, but weren't. The list just goes on and on.

Yep if we were some kind of Radical organization who had infiltrated the CDC and the government to cause as much mayhem, fear, and death as we could, we would be foolish to think we could hold a candle to these idiots !

That might sound a little harsh... but if the shoe fits... this time it ain't Cinderella

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: Snarl

No kidding ! And if the word ever gets out in a big way the stuff is now airborne.. ?? Let us just hope that does not happen !

Stay safe my friend !

As far as I'm concerned, it is already airborn. I say this because the most recent diagnosis of the NBC cameraman in Liberia who came down with it. He had no direct physical contact with anyone who had it. The reporter doing the interview would have been in closer contact with anyone who was symptomatic, yet they haven't been showing symptoms......yet.
edit on 3-10-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Ebola is hyper-infectious. Due to the lack of human volunteers, it may be difficult to ascertain if simple skin to skin contact is sufficient. 'They' want you to believe it must be transferred into your mouth, nose, eyes, or an open wound ... but I have my doubts. Common sense says if it can get out through a victim's pores ... it might very likely get into you through yours.

Of course, if 'they' announced this, medical staff would be more likely to balk.

I don't care how many times they say it can't. Until I see Dr. Tom Frieden come down from his lofty perch and embrace a victim ... I'll continue planning for the worst and hoping for the best.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
But no one should worry - because here in America we got this....heh

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I can't help but think greed will be our downfall......too quick to calculate how much money will be lost or spent....

It would 'cost too much' to take the ambulance out of service.........

The hospital turned the man away because their records didn't show what country he was from, or they 'overlooked' that detail because they were focused on the fact that he didn't have insurance to pay for a hospital stay....?

Airlines don't want to shut down any routes, they'll lose too much income.....

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It looks like that contactee list of 100 or so people just got bigger. LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join