It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday, Ebola, and Dark Winter... Have We been warned for years?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
I see those FEMA camps being activated. All those ready made coffins will come in handy.

The bodies will need to be burnt, those 'coffins' will just store the infection until the rain makes the contents overflow into the biosphere...
( the lids will get blown off by body gas)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm sure a lot of people are keeping a close eye on developments in Dallas,and will be monitoring social media like hawks for a while yet,maybe doing some independent reading,among others,on sites like this,and deciding better safe than sorry-depending on what happens in the next few weeks,perhaps a whole lot of folks will forgo crowded places for quite a while? If there are more cases following Duncan's-especially in various other locations than Dallas,even people who are not worried now,may decide to give shopping days like Black Friday a miss this year,and avoid crowded places as much as possible? a reply to: K_OS

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: K_OS

I suspect, particularly if Ebola turns out to not be contained in Dallas, that people will most likely be so scared of potential infection that it might actually dampen Black Friday. The media has been going on and on about Ebola for months now and now that a patient was diagnosed here, for many that's a well-fed nightmare scenario. Then again, that's attributing a reasonable amount of common sense to a whole wildly variable range of intellect.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It was easy to see this coming a couple months ago at
least. Ramping and hyping it up fly'n patients back here
to america. I can't believe we sat around and watched
'em do it. I bet their two to three weeks ahead of what
ever they let us know.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday. Yep. I did it all online. You couldn't pay me enough to get me in the malls at all during the Christmas shopping season let alone on Black Friday.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I find this all very interesting. I read that initial ebola symptoms are very similar to flu symptoms. The flu season is just starting. Who is to say that an individual thinks they are just getting a cold or flu and does nothing about it other than let it run its course. a reply to: K_OS

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
I see those FEMA camps being activated. All those ready made coffins will come in handy.

Maybe it's starting to make sense. A genuine worry.

FEMA camps were often a tool for the 2012 doomsday stuff.... They were always bizarre. But now I fear they are going to come in to use.

I have to say... I'm worried. And I think we all should be.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: solarstorm

This is very true. Many people do not realize that the fate of the economy depends largely on holiday season retail sales.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I have been thinking about the Ebola.
you would need a Lot of people that will Not wont to be found.
for it to spread very fast.
immigrants!

far to many people that can not be control'd, found or counted.
It is as if they wonted the immigrants to over run US.
edit on 4-10-2014 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday. Yep. I did it all online. You couldn't pay me enough to get me in the malls at all during the Christmas shopping season let alone on Black Friday.

Smart move (regardless of hemorrhagic fevers, etc.) Although ordering online does of course mean a package boxed and handled by multiple individuals, possibly smearing their Ebola excretions all over.

Hey, less likely than the crowd of sick nut cases at the mall, but it wouldn't be the holidays in Ebola season without spreading some EERFYL*

* My newly-coined internet acronym for Eeks Ebola Run For Your Lives

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I've been Christmas shopping since the end of August. Yes, I'm one of those weirdos that start really early. I've tossed around the idea of going Black Friday shopping, just because we've not had any confirmed cases in Ohio yet, and really how many people would go out of state and go to Ohio (of all places) just to shop.. I mean, come on. Lol.
I would assume that if this gets too much farther out of control, maybe a cancellation of Trick-or-Treating? Have places done that before? Maybe a cancellation of Black Friday shopping? I mean... What department stores and malls would be open if multiple cases start showing up? People will want to protect themselves. But of course, there will be those people who will still go out, because they are crazy. But those are the same people that would trample a small child just to get to the clearance bath towels.

The way things are lining up is a little weird, and way to put my paranoia in overdrive. I still think we should be shutting down airports, no one in, no one out.

Also, dunno if anyone's thought about it yet, but anyone who drinks soda/Arizona Ice Tea/Monster/Red Bull/Etc. from the can should probably disinfect the opening and use a cup instead. Just to be safe, considering who knows who handles these cans before you get it.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
In my opinion the hordes of brainless morons who pack the stores on black friday are the exact people that should be culled from the herd.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well I have the misfortune of being employed at the Black Friday monster, "Wal-Mart". Luckily, I wear a face mask every black Friday. Anyone that's ever been in a crowd of random people knows how close they can get to your breathing room. And since I don't like getting sick I always wear a face mask. This year I will wear gloves too. management does not ever bother me about it. I also wear them when I come to work sick so as not go get my co-workers ill.

When people ask why I am wearing it, I just be honest. I don't want to get anyone sick while I am working. I will be using that same line on Black Friday, except the truth this time is I don't want to be exposed to anyone else's sickness in that crowd. I am going to stick to clean up duty though and just work on tossing out all the cardboard and plastic that starts to litter the sales floor as everything gets bought up.

Ten years at Wal-Mart, I have never been off on Thanksgiving or Black Friday. I dont mind though, someone has to keep the zombies fed.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Yes. It feels like it's going to be a cold and dark winter doesn't it?

I could feel it from August. It was like there was a shift in the air and it felt like the summer was starting to die and things were going to get a lot more serious very soon.

I hope we will have an extremely cold and hostile winter this year. What we need is a winter that will keep people in isolation, and then maybe this storm will pass because of that.
edit on 4-10-2014 by windwaker because: typo

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

Halloween was cancelled in New York City in 2012 due to Hurricane Sandy, so yeah it's possible that a major Ebola outbreak here could cancel Halloween, Thanksgiving and the winter holiday festivities.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: windwaker
Yes. It feels like it's going to be a cold and dark winter doesn't it?

I could feel it from August. It was like there was a shift in the air and it felt like the summer was starting to die and things were going to get a lot more serious very soon.

I hope we will have an extremely cold and hostile winter this year. What we need is a winter that will keep people in isolation, and then maybe this storm will pass because of that.

I've heard on numerous weather channels that El Nino or whatever that wind current is, is supposed to come through this winter making it significantly warmer than winter normally is. The people in Ohio and Michigan are really rooting for it because winter was so bad last year. We also run the risk of another polar vortex out of Canada though, and you mix warm and cold.. Get winter tornadoes? I dunno. I agree, though. I hope people become very isolated this winter.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Retikx
In my opinion the hordes of brainless morons who pack the stores on black friday are the exact people that should be culled from the herd.

That's how I feel about people who vote, watch Fox News, eat chemicals instead of food, and believe the Earth is 6000 years old.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You guys do realize that ebola cant live outside of a body in normal conditions for more than minutes right? Usually not even at all at room temperature. So getting a package that was touched will not do anything unless the driver handing it to you just sneezed on it, and you instantly touch and then rub your eye maybe?? Id say your 99.9% ok if you get your stuff shipped to you...I never do the black friday thing because of the general idea of stampedes of sheep fighting over a nintendo and pair of Jordans is unappealing

So if your keeping score, going to packed store is asking for it and at least a possibility, getting it from UPS is not a big deal...so spend that money on useless crap like your supposed to this holiday season, but do it from your laptop in front of the TV for best results...wow , one for the couch potatoes....

The rest of the theory is interesting, but I dont usually go for the evil group of unseen keepers of the masses will cull the heard by releasing a virus. So many other easier ways that there is zero percent chance of affecting them or their loved ones in the process.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
honestly if everyone had a clue, they would spend whatever money they were going to gift this holiday and gift it into gold and silver bullion. The dollar is being attacked all over the world and every inch the greenbacks lose adds big ticks to inflation and the price of goods and services.

I find no one is ever doing black Friday lines @ the local bullion dealer. So the risk of contracting anything while hedging your financial well being is significantly lower.

Seriously though they only want a few thousand people to die in the western nations. That number blasted all over the media will probably instigate enough fear into the populations to codify into law with some b.s. house or senate resolution the immediate funding and prioritizing of a vaccine with whatever company the cronies in the congress is linked with (prolly all of them). After a few months, and as many as 10,000 deaths later (flu still kills more) a nice packaged (likely already manufactured) vaccine is widely available and distributed to the general population, now happily paid for with MANDATORY HEALTH INSURANCE (NOT Universal Healthcare).

Tamiflu 1000.0 (as if it were the first). However now that mandatory health insurance, and NOT Universal Health Care has been codified into U.S. law I expect these types of terror attacks from the pin striped thugs in Washington and their Godfathers in the corporate beast to increase. tsk tsk, and the price of healthcare was supposed to go down, HA!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Schwallyjdog
The ups/mail thing definitely crossed my mind too. Everything just travels too fast these days. It's a hard thing to slow down trade. Nobody wants it to slow down. Faster is all anyone asks for. I think it's good we can see it coming in advance and hopefully we can be smart through this. Happy holidays. Is that still a phrase I'm allowed to say?? It sounds correct enough to me.
People don't really use the mail these days. There's social media.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join