It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Employees That Worked With Infected Cameraman Heading Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This is ridiculous:

A freelance cameraman working for NBC News in Liberia tested positive for Ebola, the network said Thursday.

other NBC employees in Liberia are being closely monitored and the other NBC employees that were working with the cameraman were being flown home on a private charter and would put themselves under a 21-day quarantine.

Link: www.cbsnews.com...

I'm sorry they might be in danger but KEEP THEM THERE. I do not like this.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RockerDom

That isn't fair. The US system can take care of them. They will be monitored and checked.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thread title is deceiving.

The crew is NOT heading home. They are headed to quarantine. Stick with the facts and quit attention grabbing.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TravisBickle451

theres another thread about this already.

Your response in innacurate. check the other thread that was started. The source states clearly that they are heading back to the US.

ATS thread here.
edit on 2-10-2014 by AnonyMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RockerDom
This is ridiculous:

A freelance cameraman working for NBC News in Liberia tested positive for Ebola, the network said Thursday.

other NBC employees in Liberia are being closely monitored and the other NBC employees that were working with the cameraman were being flown home on a private charter and would put themselves under a 21-day quarantine.

Link: www.cbsnews.com...

I'm sorry they might be in danger but KEEP THEM THERE. I do not like this.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TravisBickle451
Thread title is deceiving.

The crew is NOT heading home. They are headed to quarantine. Stick with the facts and quit attention grabbing.

Your post is deceiving as they are headed to self imposed quarantine (at home). While I agree they should be allowed to return, I would think they would be put in some kind of mandatory quarantine which also makes an attempt to maintain their dignity.

While a mandatory quarantine may be considered harsh in some sense, it would be the best place to be (in the care of health professionals) should you come down with something.
edit on 2-10-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Dr. Nancy Snyderman ✔ @DrNancyNBCNEWS
Follow
One of our team in Liberia tested positive for Ebola. He's getting good care &we are self quarantined. Appreciate all the support @nbcnews
9:05 PM - 2 Oct 2014

edit on 2-10-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
Your post is deceiving as they are headed to self imposed quarantine (at home). While I agree they should be allowed to return, I would think they would be put in some kind of mandatory quarantine which also makes an attempt to maintain their dignity.

While a mandatory quarantine may be considered harsh in some sense, it would be the best place to be (in the care of health professionals) should you come down with something.

Dr. Nancy Snyderman ✔ @DrNancyNBCNEWS
Follow
One of our team in Liberia tested positive for Ebola. He's getting good care &we are self quarantined. Appreciate all the support @nbcnews
9:05 PM - 2 Oct 2014

Yeah. But at the end of the day, the thread title seeks to entice and further the fear and hype

It tries to get people to think that the crew will just head back home and continue with their life. The title gives absolutely notice of the quarantine.

Let's face it. Many people read headlines and extrapolate the story without actually reading articles and facts. This thread title doesn't help spread facts.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TravisBickle451

Let's face it: all of us are also guily of not reading the full text of linked sources. I'm just as guilty, but would like to point out again that the infected cameraman is coming back to the US.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Believe it or not, the thread title was not meant to infer they were going to their actual homes, just that they were coming home to the states. I apologize for that. It was a lapse in holding to exact language.

That being said, I am still not comfortable with them returning. Having them travel right now is a risk I'm not comfortable with. Keep them where they are for now. It's cold hearted, I know, but it's how I feel.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RockerDom

It's not cold hearted. It's reality. Transporting confirmed ebola cases back to united states, imo, is totally the wrong thing to do.

Quarantine them where they are, and treat them accordingly.

Why would you even risk exposing other people to this. It makes zero sense.

new topics

top topics

join