It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola: Do You Have A Plan?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: occrest

Thanks for the clarification, I get what you meant now. Good point and I agree.

My apologies for getting snarky.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

I'm not planning on travel to Africa any time soon, that's my plan!

If Ebola were ever to become pandemic world wide like the Spanish flu or Black Death(Plague), there is no point in running because in this day of age, just like back then but even more so, its simply impossible/highly improbable you will be able to out run a virus.

edit on 3-10-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: lakesidepark

fck the bills when the sthf.... just call the supplier up and tell them that they shouldn't be worrying or caring about 'Bills being paid' at such times!!

Easy to say if I have the option of waiting until TSHTF. But I travel extensively, even outside the country at times. I may not be able to afford to wait until I can truly tell creditors times are bad, I may have to pull out before that if times are getting bad in other places.

As an example, I personally brought swine flu into my area, from Mexico, (and to my wife - oh god was she sick) two weeks before CDC acknowledged it existed. She was so sick she should have been hospitalized but she refused. A wave of the flu hit that area of town the next week. The doc's office still gives me a hard time abobut that one. That flu introduced me to pandemic flu forums just to find out what the hell had hit us. Been there and here ever since as ATS (and some other sites) prove over and over that I can find out what is happening before the MSM has the guts to report it.

Tht in itself will keep me glued to the Ebola news just to know wher NOT to go in the next several days, weeks, and months.

Can't afford to do the same with Ebola, we will both die. So I will have to watch what the CDC is not telling us, and may have to exit my job before the 'general public' does the same in mass simply because I do not want to be the carrier that kills my town.

Hope I see it and act in time, without losing everything in the process. That could be the difference between sheltering here on the farm, or in a FEMA quarantine camp...or in a black body bag.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Thank you I have heard oils do wonders.i wish I could legally have guns lmao a reply to: ccseagull

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Lol a "black kid was rifling through your moms car. That's not nice. I live in the burbs salt lake and I never saw a melanin enhanced person until I was in middle school. We do have a ton of a illegal south of the border people. And in the valley there are a ton of upper middle class next to well let's say not to well off. But the mob mentality is in every single human. Survival instinct reply to: tavi45

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Why would i have a plan? There are 9 billion people on this planet. The chances of me getting ebola are 1 in 9 million. I would have a better chance of getting struck by lightning on a stormy night. I would be more worried to catch a cold than ebola. Tis the season for the common cold. I don't think people are really worried, if thy were, they would pull children out of schools and since this is not happenning. THUS. NOBODY IS WORRIED.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: cloaked4u
I believe I heard several different sources reporting that children had been pulled from schools in Dallas where the exposed children attended. I expect those parents experienced at the very least, a jolly-good jolt of fear when they learned of this. In their position...I've always advocated being safe rather than sorry.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

yeah, pulled from schools that were in the area. Do you hear of any children being pulled from schools in NYC. NO. How about Washington state? NO. How about 46 other states. ABSOLUTELY NOT.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117

What are your plans so far?
Do you have supplies?
At what point will you remain home from work/school?
If things hit the fan, will you shelter in place, or bug out?

90 days supplies, check
Already started staying away from public places as much as possible
I'll stay in here as long as I can and make my stand someplace that is at least comfortable with beautiful surroundings

I have a well, am on lake frontage, 10 acres of trees for wood with deer and bear, two huge fireplaces, two conventional electrical generators, a hydrogen generator, solar panels and two types of wind generators, 8000v/2000 joule electric fencing system ready to go and ample garden space. We won't go in armaments, but if you look at that fence energy spec you'll note that I am quite serious about security ;-) If I am gettin' zombies, might as well have them cooked lol.

If things go "south" real fast and for some reason I have to leave, I have two additional locations to go to, one a little more remote than this one and another that is totally off the grid (both of these are also lakefront, need that water supply!). I just wish I had a property on a river with a 10 to 15 foot waterfall so I could just go hydroelectric, but I believe it's too late, there's not enough time left. If ebola goes exponential here in north america, we are looking at less than T-30 to martial law.

Unfortunately, to me anyway, it looks like the perfect "storm" is coming. Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

My friends and family plan on bugging in. We will stay put and wait it out as long as we can. We can survive for a good while without leaving to get anything. I also bought bleach to disinfect and masks and latex gloves.

My worst case outcome is people freak out and store shelves clear. Truckers and railroad workers will refuse to come to work and commerce will stop. Gas,food will become scarce. The government can not even help itself they will only help large cities and even that will fail. Marshal law will be put in place and the military will have some hard choices.

Truth be told I have said on this forum a couple of times in the past the easiest way to get rid of guns would be to make living so hard people would have to flee into "SAFE ZONES". In the safe zones weapons would be banned for your own protection they will say. Most people would take the easy way out because they have families to look after.
edit on 4-10-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
i have a plan... sort of but it is not rock solid
i am getting more prepared mentally really.....

bunch of water and a bunch of food that wont spoil...
a full tank of gas in my truck and maybe some extra in the shed
whatever weapon(s) i decide to go with to defend the home

from there it is just monitor the situation and stay here way from people if need be. being mentally prepared to kill people that try to get in my house if it gets to that.
keeping my wife and daughter safe is the name of the game.

cant get ebola if youre not around anyone.

thats really all i have.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Stocking up on strong antiviral herbs

Chaga mushroom extract ( King of Herbs )
High Allicin Garlic extract
Wormwood extract w/black walnut
Tumeric
35% food grade Hydrogen peroxide
plenty of gas
plenty of ammo
plenty of stored food
plenty of stored water
Activated bone char carbon for water filtration
100mg ozone generator for complete sanitation of home
candles

This is just a starter and in no way a complete list. I do not even consider myself a prepper, but I have 3 years of experience of working with all of the herbs to overcome severe MRSA/Candida infection..i almost died after several rounds of strong antibiotics prescribed by the good ole health system failed to even remotely help. I'm still dealing with minor renal issues. I think they may help overcoming/managing the symptoms that will keep you alive. You will never get any help at a hospital, their goal is to prescrbe meds that make you more sick and slowly kill you. ( i know firsthand )

My only point here here is research and prepare to some basic level as the OP suggests. it is not so expensive ($200-400) I know its hard finacially for alot but hopefully you all find safety if anything bad happens

God bless everyone and good will to all...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I don't have a plan yet, but I'm taking notes on what others here are saying.

A while ago I came across a show called Surviving Disasters (I think it was on tv about 5 or 6 years ago) and they had an episode on surviving pandemic. I'm going to re-watch it because there was lots of good information as I remember.

Surviving Disaster

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Ebola: Do You Have A Plan?

No.

Because much like the 'end of the world in 2012' it is all HYPE.

I see there are some others that like to 'never let a good crisis' go to waste.

I have no problems being prepared, or with those that do.

I am not singling out the op here.

Just people need to take a step back from the hysteria.

And breathe.

Then take another step back.

And breathe.

Then take another step back.

And breathe.
edit on 4-10-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think our Ebola plan is the same as our zombie plan for my group. We're meeting at someones apartment, needs to be second story, we've been slowly stocking up on things, and hopefully by the time SHTF, if it does, we'll be stocked for awhile.

If not, I'm kind of at peace with dying. I know I am a good person, and have no need for 'redemption.' I haven't lived a full life, as I'm young. But things happen and if I were to die, and that meant that there would be more resources for my group, then I'd be okay with that.

We're kinda just getting stuff as we think about it though. Not really giving in to the mass hysteria thing. Hysteria is what gets people murdered for supplies and stuff.
edit on 4-10-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I do remember the hysteria about swine flu in 2009. There were calls to stop all travel across borders at that time, and it was already too late (I know this for sure as I was one that brought it into my area from Mexico two weeks before any public knew about a new flu). Of course now the swine flu is endemic and the primary flu of the flu season.

Maybe there was more hysteria in that case than was called for, but with swine flu and Ebola there were major differences:
1) There was already some population immunity to swine flu from other exposures - in the case of Ebloa there is no natural or acquired immunity - with exception of Brantly and Writebol and the doc in Nebraska (only three in population of 300 million);
2) There was the ability to ramp up effective vaccines for swine flu - at this point there is no vaccine for any type of Ebola (Older or newer strains);
3) Swine flu was already epidemic below our border, much harder to keep out - Ebola is currently isolated across the ocean (for NOW) and there is a slim window of opportunity for us to keep it from being widespread here - if what we know at this point is remotely true (and I discount the CDC lies and disinformation);
4) Swine flu CFR was less than 2 - 5% - still killed more here in this country alone than Ebola has killed over there (so far), but Ebola with a CFR of 50 - 90% is catching up so fast it will dwarf any flu death numbers within the next month - if not already so.

I remember co-workers thinking I was being hysterical about it that summer after me and the wife recovered from it...those same co-workers were approaching me in confidence, with fear, that winter after their kids were sick and other kids in their group were hospitalized, a few in intensive care, and deaths were being reported. and THAT was JUST the flu.

I see the hysteria about Ebola being more about our government handling of it - the U.S. should be doing more to protect it's citizens than it is so far shown a willingness to do.

It is always wise to consider 'worst case scenarios' when dealing with threats, that is not hysteria, that is reality. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst, and consider all possibilities - that is my motto for living (at least since 2001 when worst-case came to my doorstep and kicked my ass into a new world). We can hope it won't happen here, and say it 'might not' happen here...but we cannot at this time be lulled into believing it isn't possible for it to happen here, because it is.

If nothing changes drastically, and SOON, this will be spreading here and will be the reality of this new world. Ebola lives indefinitely on cold surfaces, and Ebola can be carried by other mammals (example - dogs are asymptomatic carriers - it is found in a third of dogs tested in areas it is endemic). Ebola outside a temperate zone will spread wildly in winter months, much easier than it spreads in a temperate zone, and that factor negates any advantages we have in sanitation and medical care.

So, carry on and keep prepping for the inevitable, and FIGHT and PROTEST for changes NOW while we CAN. It is not hysteria, it is wisdom and common sense.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

IF THE GOVERNMENT WANTED TO STOP EBOLA THEY COULD FOR PENNEYS PER PERSON, all they have to do is do what rayal raymond rife did in the 1930's, pop all virus and bacteria with simple radio waves with the harmonic resonance frequency of the virus.He was planning to use radio stations to broadcast frequencies that curred T.B. CANCER,and many more for free.When the medical establishment found they would lose millions they framed him and ran him out of town.

ITS CALLED POPULATION CONTROL

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakesidepark
I have a plan but there are a lot of holes in it. The biggest hole is how to pay the bills while unemployed, as any plan to stay away from infected hordes includes not goinhg to work, and definitely not travelling - as I do constantly.

Do you actually think bills are even going to be an issue if things get really bad?

It will be the last thing on anyone's mind.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Watch as society as we know it crumbles into dust?

Meh. This ebola thing isn't putting the fear into any of my bones.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Wow...you sound like me...I live by the notion that Garlic, Turmeric, Oil of Oregano, Tea Tree Oil and Vitamin C, are about all you need (maybe a few others) to keep going strong and battle off most incoming problems. As a matter of fact, I felt my throat a little itchy tonight, so had some turmeric tea (with honey and black pepper)...GONE. Also...don't underestimate the power of Ginger Root

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join